• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

As a WHITE MALE you aren't allowed to have an opinion

But we are talking about the west, you stated:

"Of course I believe that white people are not the most powerful group in the West in terms of beauty, success and worth. They are simply the majority in the US."

Why would they be the most powerful in terms of beauty? That doesn't make sense.

The most power man in the country, the President, is black. So is the Attorney General.

These things have nothing to do with skin colour. They are just correlations. All individuals have the same chances in a vacuum, and they should be treated as individuals. Your argument could be interpreted as meaning that POC are actually inferior.

Do you believe the US was diverse and multicultural right from the beginning?

I do...mostly because it was. It had blacks and Hispanics and Asians and Native Americans from the jump.

In fact, by it's own definitions of the time, having the Dutch, the English, the French, etc. also qualified it as multicultural since those were distinct cultural groups at the time.

Maybe you intended to reference a European nation where diversity and multiculturalism weren't part of the core foundations?

Nope, I'm just stating the fact that we (white people) are still the group of privilege in the west.
How are you privileged if you have the same privilege as the majority of the population? The key is to elevate the minority to the level of the majority.

Class and culture are much more important on the privilege scale than majority privilege.

How much of a puss do you have to be to coming running to the Internet for support for this instead of dealing with anyone making those comments?

Its an asinine stance by very stupid people, so why can't you handle them?
Right. It's almost the same thing as the people that make over 6 figures a year, but still complain about how hard it is to be black.

Why would they be the most powerful in terms of beauty? That doesn't make sense.

The standard of beauty.

The most power man in the country, the President, is black. So is the Attorney General.

Oh so 1 black president in the history of the USA and it's all of a sudden equal? Look at the history of the republic and the candidates we have coming up, are you serious?

These things have nothing to do with skin colour. They are just correlations. All individuals have the same chances in a vacuum, and they should be treated as individuals. Your argument could be interpreted as meaning that POC are actually inferior.

In a vacuum? Are you really naive enough to think that opportunity in the west was historically equal for minorities as it was for whites? My argument should be interpreted with context in showing that the groups did not start off with the same opportunities and social/political/economic environments.

How are you privileged if you have the same privilege as the majority of the population? The key is to elevate the minority to the level of the majority.

Class and culture are much more important on the privilege scale than majority privilege.

Given the history of class and culture in the west do you think that it was simply a "correlation" that it was divided on racial lines for much of of our history?

How do we elevate the minority to the level of the majority?

never happened to me. whom ever suggests such a thing is brain dead.

Given the history of class and culture in the west do you think that it was simply a "correlation" that it was divided on racial lines for much of of our history?

Unfortunately, they have to do it themselves. Just like every other minority who has come up through the ranks.

I agree that you couldn't, in the past, separate class from majority because there are historical ties between the two. As time goes by the correlation between the two will lessen. There's an absence of this correlation for many people new to north America over the last 3 decades.

By staying the course of ensuring equal rights and opportunities are granted to everyone regardless of factors outside of that persons control. By not letting gender or color dictate what options are available to people. We're well on our way regardless of what the media will say in order to make a buck.

Unfortunately, they have to do it themselves. Just like every other minority who has come up through the ranks.

Yes I agree, and I don't see the problem with them having a Black/Brown etc. Pride Movement to affirm to their community that they are equal to the group in power.

Yes I agree, and I don't see the problem with them having a Black/Brown etc. Pride Movement to affirm to their community that they are equal to the group in power.

Movements are great. Just keep it peaceful and don't ask for handouts.

i try to pull out the Jew card but it seems the Jew card has lost its magical powers in the last 10-15 years.

i knew this shit would happen. we should have laid low.... god damn our quick wit and good looks!!!

I'm a straight white male so I can do anything I want because of my privilege

According to the cultural Marxist ideologies being promoted and pushed into schools, it's not that white males can't have an opinion, it's that it is worth less than other peoples so it isn't worth listening to.

Someone posted the 'progressive stack' and this describes how it operates.

I do...mostly because it was. It had blacks and Hispanics and Asians and Native Americans from the jump.

In fact, by it's own definitions of the time, having the Dutch, the English, the French, etc. also qualified it as multicultural since those were distinct cultural groups at the time.

Maybe you intended to reference a European nation where diversity and multiculturalism weren't part of the core foundations?

Do you know what the numbers were?

I'm well aware of the makeup. But it's obvious Europeans were the dominate people there at the time and the numbers grew to what you see today. The offspring of those people became the majority of Americans and the reason why they've been running the country and have most of the power and wealth.They formed the diversity of cultures and accents you see all through out the US.

Today the people that have the ability (power) to run the US have no loyalty to any country.

Do you know what the numbers were?

I'm well aware of the makeup. But it's obvious Europeans were the dominate people there at the time and the numbers grew to what you see today. The offspring of those people became the majority of Americans and the reason why they've been running the country and have most of the power and wealth.They formed the diversity of cultures and accents you see all through out the US.

Today the people that have the ability (power) to run the US have no loyalty to any country.

Why do the numbers matter? Either they were here as part of the country or they weren't. You asked if it was a multicultural society. It was. That doesn't change just because it wasn't a perfect mathematical distribution.

Back