As a WHITE MALE you aren't allowed to have an opinion

They even let the Trump school club build a mock-wall one day as a special event to show their support. It was pretty funny because a Mexican student scaled the wall to show it wouldn't work. Made me laugh my ass off.

But the internet told me that cheeky banter and conservative thought were outlawed at universities?

There are 7 billion people out there, some of them think you shouldnt have an opinion at all.

Im Mexican and tons of people in this board think i shouldnt have an opinion because of that. You simply ignore them or keep talking.

I've never met a Mexican but you guys seems cool on TV. I wish we (UK) would of brought some of your families here but we haven't, we only like to bring in military aged men from East Africa or the Middle East for some reason.

At the core of it all is the European/American culture. Later on black people started to influence culture through music (stuff you can enjoy listening to like the blues). Today's another story and a monster has been created.

Yeah but that's just cultural appropriation now and highly offensive to Natives apparently. It was something white Americans did for fun every now and then.

They helped build a railroad but didn't help create the culture. They stayed in their China towns. I thought the Natives in Hawaii don't even want to be a part of America.

Europeans designed America, became Americans and created the culture and accents then brought in Africans and Asians to join the fun. There's always been a relationship with Hispanics but nothing like the illegal immigration relationship you have today.

No offense but you don't seem to understand how cultures intersect to create new cultures. Black Americans have been influencing the culture since the moment they arrived in the New World. Hispanics and Native Americans have influenced the culture from the very moment Europeans arrived.

You're, mistakenly, acting as if the various cultures operated in isolation without the ability to influence each other but that's simply not true and it's not how humanity works.

European Americans were heavily influenced by the numerous cultures that surrounded them. Those numerous cultures were heavily influenced by the European Americans. I understand that your general stance is no one contributed anything of value to the U.S. except Europeans. But this is simply wrong.

It's not wrong because we disagree on what is or isn't of value. It's wrong because the interplay of human development makes your assertion impossible. The entire recorded history of mankind, which documents the extent to which extended interplay between different groups creates a hybrid culture, would have to be wrong. Yet it's the entire recorded history of mankind so the odds that humanity got their own history wrong for literally thousands of years prior to the U.S. is infinitesimally small.

You'd basically have to disavow the entire history of Western culture for your belief system to logically allow for the extended interplay between blacks, whites, Hispanics, and Asians to not result in a mixed culture. The only area where you have any real logical grounding is that European Americans dominated the economic and political aspects of that culture. Even European Americans, as a group, didn't dominate the language, only the English did.

In fact, the English, the Spanish and the Native Americans far outweighed the French, Germans, Italians, etc. in our language. Black culture far outstripped the Norwegians, Italians, Polish in contribution to jurisprudence.

I'm not going to convince you you're wrong, I can acknowledge that. But if this is your argument, you should at least craft one that reflects actual history, rather than ignoring it.

Allowed to have an opinion.

How many people have actually encountered this argument personally? How is it not racist/sexist to tell someone theire opinion doesn't matter because of their race or gender? Secondly, doesn't this argument assume I'm unable to think rationally and have an open mind from the get go?

Thoughts?

White men are still allowed to have an opinion. And those opinions still matter. In fact, a white man's opinion still matters disproportionally more than the opinion of a white woman or any other demographic. Look at all the people in charge. In politics, business, everything. The notion is laughable.

What is causing a lot of 'WMC' (White Man Chafe) is the realization that it is no longer only their opinion that matters. This is a change they were not prepared for. Someone moved their cheese, and they don't like it. I suggest this book:

WhoMovedMyCheeseCover.jpg

For those too lazy to read:

For what it's worth. I am a white man.

Just my opinion (pun intended)

Last edited:
The standard of beauty.

Oh so 1 black president in the history of the USA and it's all of a sudden equal? Look at the history of the republic and the candidates we have coming up, are you serious?

In a vacuum? Are you really naive enough to think that opportunity in the west was historically equal for minorities as it was for whites? My argument should be interpreted with context in showing that the groups did not start off with the same opportunities and social/political/economic environments.

The standard of beauty does not hinge on skin colour. It's likely that at opposite sides of the spectrum, too dark or too pale, there is less of a preference, but beyond this, this is trivial. Plus, it's been established that Chinese and Indian guys are the most rejected, but even still, if you're healthy and symmetrical your skin tone will not give you a disadvantage. Otherwise, people would reject any skin tone similar to Indian, but it's not the case.

You pointed out that some of the richest people are white, and I pointed out that some of the most powerful are black. There are no limitations to an individual based on his skin colour today as mandated by the system, and it's only because there are more white people that we see this.

It wasn't always equal and now it is. There is affirmative action, there is a mandate for diversity. The fact that we elected a black president is only proof of equality. People of colour are not being held down because of their skin colour outside of individual racists, who do not exclusively discriminate against POC. In fact, a lot of white people are showing racism towards other white people. Nevertheless, if this is the complaint, I again take you to Mexico, where white people experience the same treatment as minorities by virtue of being the lesser demographic. Even though Indian and Chinese people are less preferred as partners, they earn the most. So why does some Indian guy get to have brown pride, while he has never been oppressed in this country, he earns more than all other demographics, and he has the exact same opportunities as everyone else?

People have always been equal. Some people did not believe this, and they oppressed people of colour. Here is the thing: they were wrong. We know they were wrong, so why would we dignify it with a movement claiming the obvious? But okay, we acknowledge some people were treated poorly based on race and skin colour. Now, white people are beginning to receive the same treatment. Yeah, they're not slaves, but they're being accused, berated, and assigned guilt simply because of skin colour. Why is this acceptable enough that they are not allowed to take pride in the very thing they are being alienated for?

I hate writing these rants because it just leads to us speaking past each other. Here is the one point I want to make. You can ignore the rest, even though I put it in a spoiler instead of erasing it, just because I responded point-by-point to your earlier post.

Black people were treated as inferior. We recognize it was wrong, but we understand that they were never actually inferior. White people are now being treated as inferior because of skin colour, in a much less sinister way, but the fact remains that they are. So why are white people not allowed to stand up for themselves and take pride in the thing that people berate them for? No individual is guilty because of the colour of his skin. Let people of colour have pride and pride movements. I think it's silly but I understand it. Let white people have pride, too. It's also silly, and may be less *warranted, but it's the same principle. The severity of the oppression is not comparable, but white people are currently being set apart by skin colour. To me, that fact is wrong enough that by your metric, they should be allowed to have pride, because even though we know we are all equal, this exception for white people, despite the increased racism we see towards them, makes me question whether we all actually believe we are equal.

*You also have to remember that you arbitrarily decided that pride is only warranted when it is attached to some form of racism. Your whole case is built on a premise that I never fully accepted. People show pride in all sorts of arbitrary characteristics. Skin colour and heritage is no different. Which is why when some people are so adamant against equal treatment for white people, I question if they truly believe we are equal (not a passive aggressive dig at you, but I suspect some feel this). If I am proud to be right handed, no one would care, because they know being left handed is not inferior. At most it's silly. Let white people be silly without defining their actions as unacceptable, or worse.

The standard of beauty does not hinge on skin colour. It's likely that at opposite sides of the spectrum, too dark or too pale, there is less of a preference, but beyond this, this is trivial. Plus, it's been established that Chinese and Indian guys are the most rejected, but even still, if you're healthy and symmetrical your skin tone will not give you a disadvantage. Otherwise, people would reject any skin tone similar to Indian, but it's not the case.

You pointed out that some of the richest people are white, and I pointed out that some of the most powerful are black. There are no limitations to an individual based on his skin colour today as mandated by the system, and it's only because there are more white people that we see this.

It wasn't always equal and now it is. There is affirmative action, there is a mandate for diversity. The fact that we elected a black president is only proof of equality. People of colour are not being held down because of their skin colour outside of individual racists, who do not exclusively discriminate against POC. In fact, a lot of white people are showing racism towards other white people. Nevertheless, if this is the complaint, I again take you to Mexico, where white people experience the same treatment as minorities by virtue of being the lesser demographic. Even though Indian and Chinese people are less preferred as partners, they earn the most. So why does some Indian guy get to have brown pride, while he has never been oppressed in this country, he earns more than all other demographics, and he has the exact same opportunities as everyone else?

People have always been equal. Some people did not believe this, and they oppressed people of colour. Here is the thing: they were wrong. We know they were wrong, so why would we dignify it with a movement claiming the obvious? But okay, we acknowledge some people were treated poorly based on race and skin colour. Now, white people are beginning to receive the same treatment. Yeah, they're not slaves, but they're being accused, berated, and assigned guilt simply because of skin colour. Why is this acceptable enough that they are not allowed to take pride in the very thing they are being alienated for?

I hate writing these rants because it just leads to us speaking past each other. Here is the one point I want to make. You can ignore the rest, even though I put it in a spoiler instead of erasing it, just because I responded point-by-point to your earlier post.

Black people were treated as inferior. We recognize it was wrong, but we understand that they were never actually inferior. White people are now being treated as inferior because of skin colour, in a much less sinister way, but the fact remains that they are. So why are white people not allowed to stand up for themselves and take pride in the thing that people berate them for? No individual is guilty because of the colour of his skin. Let people of colour have pride and pride movements. I think it's silly but I understand it. Let white people have pride, too. It's also silly, and may be less *warranted, but it's the same principle. The severity of the oppression is not comparable, but white people are currently being set apart by skin colour. To me, that fact is wrong enough that by your metric, they should be allowed to have pride, because even though we know we are all equal, this exception for white people, despite the increased racism we see towards them, makes me question whether we all actually believe we are equal.

*You also have to remember that you arbitrarily decided that pride is only warranted when it is attached to some form of racism. Your whole case is built on a premise that I never fully accepted. People show pride in all sorts of arbitrary characteristics. Skin colour and heritage is no different. Which is why when some people are so adamant against equal treatment for white people, I question if they truly believe we are equal (not a passive aggressive dig at you, but I suspect some feel this). If I am proud to be right handed, no one would care, because they know being left handed is not inferior. At most it's silly. Let white people be silly without defining their actions as unacceptable, or worse.

Here is the fundamental problem with 'white pride'. For the first 99.99% of 'white pride's' existence, it came at the direct expense of others. And the majority of the people you refer to as 'just silly', would still strongly prefer it to be at the expense of others. What you are involuntarily suggesting is letting people hide their racism in the confines of a more innocuous appearing construct. Sorry, I'm not on board with that.

Given their many centuries long history of enslaving, exploiting, and marginalizing anyone not them, white males need to go out of their way to maintain an inclusive dynamic in anything they do. At least for the next few centuries.

Here is the fundamental problem with 'white pride'. For the first 99.99% of 'white pride's' existence, it came at the direct expense of others. And the majority of the people you refer to as 'just silly', would still strongly prefer it to be at the expense of others. What you are involuntarily suggesting is letting people hide their racism in the confines of a more innocuous appearing construct. Sorry, I'm not on board with that.

Given their many centuries long history of enslaving, exploiting, and marginalizing anyone not them, white males need to go out of their way to maintain an inclusive dynamic in anything they do. At least for the next few centuries.

We don't agree on what is right or wrong based on the negative outliers. Racist people can and do hide behind black pride, white pride, feminism, religion, so what? By this rationale, we don't allow anything that can be used as justification for something negative.

We don't agree on what is right or wrong based on the negative outliers. Racist people can and do hide behind black pride, white pride, feminism, religion, so what? By this rationale, we don't allow anything that can be used as justification for something negative.

While there is some merit to that argument, 'outliers' is a big reach I would say in the case of white pride. In white prides case, I would say the outliers would be genuinely good people who hold no bias towards any other group.

Secondly, the difference between white pride and the other groups you mentioned is that those other groups formed as a way to combat prejudice and persecution by white males.

A white male would be much better served in my opinion to fight ALL prejudice. Start with everything else, and get to the non issue of white male prejudice on the coffee breaks.

White people the world over are born with original sin, and must flagellate and atone and they must instill this into their children.

Just speak your mind, and don't worry if others want to shut you up. Never been made to shut up because I was white. They try to convince me not to, but I don't care. We all have a stake in this country and the well-being of its citizens, so I will always speak my mind.

While there is some merit to that argument, 'outliers' is a big reach I would say in the case of white pride. In white prides case, I would say the outliers would be genuinely good people who hold no bias towards any other group.

Secondly, the difference between white pride and the other groups you mentioned is that those other groups formed as a way to combat prejudice and persecution by white males.

A white male would be much better served in my opinion to fight ALL prejudice. Start with everything else, and get to the non issue of white male prejudice on the coffee breaks.

It doesn't matter if there are racists who hold white pride. That's no reason to label all pride held by white people as inappropriate, and if it were, all pride should be condemned, including black pride.

Fighting all prejudices includes that against white people. Your characterization of racism against white people as a non-issue to be glossed over is indicative of what they put up with. Unless you simply can't see the societal shift that ignores all racism when directed at a white person, simply because they are white. Remember what thread we're in?

It doesn't matter if there are racists who hold white pride. That's no reason to label all pride held by white people as inappropriate, and if it were, all pride should be condemned, including black pride.

Fighting all prejudices includes that against white people. Your characterization of racism against white people as a non-issue to be glossed over is indicative of what they put up with. Unless you simply can't see the societal shift that ignores all racism when directed at a white person, simply because they are white. Remember what thread we're in?

It's funny (in a sad way). The Marxists, in Orwellian fashion, have even redefined the word racist to only apply to white people and are actually pushing this new definition into schools and pop culture as part of their white privilege and critical race theory ideological package.

It's so obviously illogical, ridiculous, and politically driven, yet it gets institutional promotion. This injection of political ideology is designed to push that shift you mention. It dehumanizes.

It's funny (in a sad way). The Marxists, in Orwellian fashion, have even redefined the word racist to only apply to white people and are actually pushing this new definition into schools as part of their white privilege and critical race theory ideological package.

It's so obviously illogical, ridiculous, and politically driven, yet it gets institutional promotion. This injection of political ideology is designed to push that shift you mention. It dehumanizes.

I still got points left on my Oppression Card. You're welcome to them any time.

I still got points left on my Oppression Card. You're welcome to them any time.

I know you got my back bro :D

But really it's more concerning to me that this stuff is aimed at children.

It's funny (in a sad way). The Marxists, in Orwellian fashion, have even redefined the word racist to only apply to white people and are actually pushing this new definition into schools and pop culture as part of their white privilege and critical race theory ideological package.

This strange and new acceptable racism is fascinating. It definitely dehumanizes since it prevents people from identifying as individuals outside of a group based on a random characteristic. Who is racist again?

Well, first off, I am 'they'. I am a white male. And it is a very rare thing for me to experience racism or bias in any way. And very rare for me to observe other white males experiencing racism or bias.

The societal shift you are referring to is not racism towards white people. It is increasing intolerance of racism from white people. White people have been used to being able to get their bigot on whenever they want without consequence or pushback. That is happening less and less, and some people don't like it.

Women and minorities, those pesky bunches, are not satisfied with no longer being slaves, being able to own land and vote, not having to sit in the back of the bus, drink from different water fountains and go to different schools. Now they are after the sacred cow: REAL equality. Same wages, same promotional opportunities. Real, visceral pushback and consequences towards even less overt slights.

And as we inch closer and closer to true equality, white males will chafe even more. White males have never, ever, experienced true equality. We have never lived in a world where we had to compete with everyone else on equal footing. We have only experienced varying degrees of inequality in our favor. And as this planetary teeter totter gets closer and closer to even (we are still a good 5 generations away from that) we are going to be crying like babies. It's like the rest of the world has been carrying more gravity than us since the beginning. They are slowly giving our share back to us, and we don't like it, not one little bit.

I've had black people - especially black women, a double minority of sorts - latch onto my image when I enter racially sensitive discussions. There are people saying overtly racist things whereas I'm merely pointing out hard truths in as... delicate a manner as I possibly can. But since I'm a white male and not an aggressively proud one they latch onto me because I seem to be an easy target.

Why do I seem to be an easy target, you might ask? Because they've grown used to those types of white males being apologetic and submissive. We must stop this trend.
I've been saying this for years. People need to stop saying 'I'm not racist I have lots of black friends'. Same goes for the gays. I can't stand hearing people say 'I have a cousin that is gay' when they're being questioned about their beliefs.

Back