World Bank Study: ISIS recruits are more educated than their average countrymen

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
RECRUITS INTO THE Islamic State group are better educated than their average countryman, contrary to popular belief, according to a new World Bank study.

Moreover, those offering to become suicide bombers ranked on average in the more educated group, said the newly released study titled “Economic and Social Inclusion to Prevent Violent Extremism”.

Almost without exception, fighters joining IS’s Syria and Iraq-based forces had several more years of education in their home countries – whether in Europe, Africa or elsewhere in the Middle East – than the average citizen.

The data shows clearly, the report said, that “poverty is not a driver of radicalization into violent extremism.”

http://www.thejournal.ie/intelligence-of-syria-recruits-3013601-Oct2016/

Not just ISIS, but the 9-11 hijackers were also educated and or from affluent families. The Bangladesh ISIS cafe attackers came from affluent families. There have a few doctors in the UK who attempted Jihadi attacks, including the 2 who tried to bomb an airport in Scotland.

Education doesn't necessarily make one impervious to fanaticism.

I have asked this questions previously but no one replied to me yet

Please point out one major ISIS/Al-Qaeda member who graduated from an Islamic university in non-secular country?

I am waiting for an example thereof

Most ISIS/Al-Qaeda members graduated from western/secular universities and from scientific schools,

e.g. Osama bin Laden attended the élite secular Al-Thager Model School.He studied economics and business administration
e.g. Najim Laachraoui ,he attended a Catholic high school in Belgium. Laachraoui studied engineering at the Université libre de Bruxelles

Last edited:

Please point out one major ISIS/Al-Qaeda member who graduated from an Islamic university in non-secular country?

Most ISIS/Al-Qaeda members graduated from western/secular universities and from scientific schools,

e.g. Osama bin Laden attended the élite secular Al-Thager Model School.[28][33] He studied economics and business administration
e.g. Najim Laachraoui ,he attended a Catholic high school in Belgium. Laachraoui studied engineering at the Université libre de Bruxelles
Didn't al-Baghdadi and Ahmed al- Dabash study at an Islamic university in Iraq?

I have often suspected this might be the case.

It's a frightening statistic.

It then begs questions like, Who is teaching them? And what is being taught?

Do you consider Iraq as non-secular country during Saddam Hussein Regime?
In my humble view, he and his party went from trying to enforce secularism similiar to Turkey but later on began to Islamize the country. Whether he did it to thwart the Muslim brotherhood or due to a personal conviction, I don't know.

I know its a terrorist attack and all but i cant help but laugh at the mention of the Glasgow Airport attack.
I-kicked-burning-terrorist-so-hard-in-balls.png

I read an article about it some months ago.

People are crazy if they think the ISIS/Al Quaeda leaders are stupid. The chiefs are very intellingent and well educated.

That's not the case however for the "soldiers" (there are a few exceptions of course, like Laachraoui). These are uneducated and easily endoctrinable.

Makes sense according to the hierarchy of needs.

Lies and propaganda, naturally Europe and NA will get the best snackbars. Your normal Mullah Abu Muhammad Al Muhammad is a very valuable resource for Europe and United States, he will surely double his cost in tax payments doing excellent work in many field. Useful skills picked up while getting "educated" in Syria or Iraq include but are not limited to, deep understanding of doctrines of Islam, changing ak-47 magazines in the dark and extensive experience in halal butchering of lambs and infidels. If you get a really well "educated" one he could also be well versed in making improvised explosives. We should bring in millions.

A lack of education, poverty and socioeconomic factors have long been go to excuses for Islamic apologists but as we can see, this is not the case and the apologists have got it wrong as usual.

What will it take for people to just admit that Islam is the problem?

Do you consider Iraq as non-secular country during Saddam Hussein Regime?

If you go by that route there are no religious regimes during modern times. Maybe Iran for shias and saudi arabia for sunnis.

e.g. Osama bin Laden attended the élite secular Al-Thager Model School.He studied economics and business administration

Al Baghdadi did.

Demographically by far the greatest supporters of Nazism were doctors, university students, and middle class small business owners. Its was least popular with rural farmers, and factory workers.

Uneducated people tend to be more concerned with just surviving and providing for their families, while middle class and educated people know enough to not be satisfied with their position in society and have enough free time and money to get involved with politics.

Its pretty interesting how a vast number of young German doctors supported Nazism as a way to get rid of the older more established Jewish doctors they saw as blocking their advancement.

The narrative of "it's poverty' garners them sympathy and engenders us to understand their plight ; ISIS recruits do not deserve that sympathy...even if they were poor.

Back