Do u guys remember GSP vs. Jon Fitch?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ST. Pierre put some of the greatest performances ever... Amazing how he smashed a prime Jon Fitch!
tumblr_nbr4toEzvL1ry1rm7o2_400.gif

sdidr6.jpg

Yes. Yes, we do.

Well, except for the Conor-Era Newbs.

Last edited:
Watched that on Fight Pass the other day. Fantastic performance. Fitch could not 'andle the riddum.

Dominated for 5 rounds but couldn't finish.

Vintage Georges what's the rush St. Pierre. Safety first, no can defend.

Honestly though don't mind watching decisions like that. Some of his later UDs on the other hand were lackluster as F. For me the Alves fight was him at his peak.

If GSP had good power, he would have murdered every WW he fought, except maybe Hendricks.

I remember GSP punching him in the face as they were both getting back to their feet and it was REALLY funny

Fitch was overrated, terrible sturiking and was able to exploit the weakness of the WW division at the time not having dangerous submission fighters or sturikers like they did later (Hobbie, Johny, Woodley, Demian, Paul Harris etc). He had 0 threat on the feet, no power, nearly got KTFO by Mike Pierce and arguably lost the same time span he fought GSP.

It's a good thing Fitch never got that rematch with George, for the sake of his health...

That was an amazing fight. Fitch is a tough mofo, I don't care what popular opinion of him may be.

Fitch was overrated, terrible sturiking and was able to exploit the weakness of the WW division at the time not having dangerous submission fighters or sturikers like they did later (Hobbie, Johny, Woodley, Demian, Paul Harris etc). He had 0 threat on the feet, no power, nearly got KTFO by Mike Pierce and arguably lost the same time span he fought GSP.
Sorry, this is bullshit. I feel no need to refute further. Fitch was an incredible fighter for his time, even if his striking was limited. So is Hughes, Shields, etc.

Fitch fought to win, and paid the price with his face.

Most of GSP opponents are happy surviving and not being embarrassed.

GSP hunted for the finish in that one
Great fight
Fitch is tough as nails
GSP turned him into a walking punching bag for 25 minutes
Difference between that fight and many of his others is Fitch didn't turtle and go full defense so GSP just got to showcase his offense

Lots of other GSP opponents fought not to lose so GSP just obliged and didn't force the issue.

It's a good thing Fitch never got that rematch with George, for the sake of his health...
he earned it a couple of times, but Dana had this grudge against Fitch and Kos because they wouldn't budge. He just couldn't get them to fight, despite trying for years and it pissed him the fuck off.

He disliked the both of them, but he hated Fitch with a passion.

I'm from Nova Scotia Canada. I was visiting a buddy in Denver, Colorado and we watched it at a sports bar there. Fox & Hound, I think.

I was wearing one of the GSP Affliction T's (because I was cool like that back in the day) standing on a table shrieking like a madman.

I'm sure everyone there wanted to kill me. Fortunately, it was a bar full of fat slobs (read: stereotypical Americans) while me and my buddy were both clearly athletes, so (fortunately) we didn't get lynched.

;)

Sorry, this is bullshit. I feel no need to refute further. Fitch was an incredible fighter for his time, even if his striking was limited. So is Hughes, Shields, etc.

Shields and Hughes were far better gurapplers with much super sturiking performances and actually dangerous with submission or GNP in Hughes case . Fitch was no threat on the guround to finish u with GNP or submissions

That was an amazing fight. Fitch is a tough mofo, I don't care what popular opinion of him may be.

agreed. I was not a fan of his at all before that fight but that whoopin he received made me reconsider. Then, well, he got back to his winning ways. But that fight for me is his crowning achievement. Tough sumbitch.

Whose gonna forget Fitch falling backwards like a tree from dat GSP punch?

Back