Do u guys remember GSP vs. Jon Fitch?

He destroyed Fitch

Great fight for sure. That said a lot about Fitch's toughness.

And the Brawk noobs....
giphy.gif

ST. Pierre put some of the greatest performances ever... Amazing how he smashed a prime Jon Fitch!
tumblr_nbr4toEzvL1ry1rm7o2_400.gif

sdidr6.jpg
I guarantee 90% of the 2014-2016 posters have never seen that fight, yet claim that gsp is a boring fighter.

This prime nonsense needs to stop. Most guys are in their prime in their late 20's early 30's which is exactly when Fitch started losing

Fitch was overrated, terrible sturiking and was able to exploit the weakness of the WW division at the time not having dangerous submission fighters or sturikers like they did later (Hobbie, Johny, Woodley, Demian, Paul Harris etc). He had 0 threat on the feet, no power, nearly got KTFO by Mike Pierce and arguably lost the same time span he fought GSP.

He was overrated, in the time that he actually fought, because fighters who emerged on the scene later, are better in your eyes?

He beat everyone he fought aside from GSP for a span that lasted about 8 years. Which includes wins over Thiago Alves 2x, Diego, Gono, Saunders, Pierce, Larson, and Burkman. How is that overrated?

Oh you mean "the beatdown"? I wouldn't call it much of a fight. But it re-affirmed two things: GSP was in a class all his own, and Fitch could take a pounding.

I feel the need to bring this up for the newer fans who think GSP was a point fighter, LnP machine post-Serra. Due to injuries and aging he eventually became a play-it-safe grappler (and remained the best WW ever), but he was absolutely nothing short of amazing in this one against the consensus #2 WW at the time. Took him down at will dropped him 3 times, one of which came off of one of the nicest counter rights you'll ever see, and smashed Fitch pretty good with some vintage Ground St. Pound. This was an amazing showcase for all of GSP's skills and the only reason this wasn't a stoppage is because of Fitch's insane heart and chin. And man, the cardio we saw from Georges in this fight to push that kind of a pace for 5 rounds was crazy!

This GSP beats any WW I've ever seen compete, even the Well Spoken One. Especially Tyron, really.

Shields and Hughes were far better gurapplers with much super sturiking performances and actually dangerous with submission or GNP in Hughes case . Fitch was no threat on the guround to finish u with GNP or submissions
For fucks sakes. Stop typing like a 12 year old. I didnt take a thing from your post other than i want to beat the hell out of you.

yeah. GSP put on a clinic. super aggressive. gotta hand it to Fitch for surviving.

Back