UFC 207: Amanda Nunes vs. Ronda Rousey PBP (Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit. Is Rousey the biggest hype job in mma history? She sure could beat Cain Velasquez under the right circumstances, like when he is sleeping.
He'd wake up and whip her ass. :D

You can clearly see she has just been hitting pads her whole career, rather than actual proper boxing sparring which involves head movement and defense. It should come natural but it clearly does not exist for her.

ps, I have not laughed as hard in a long time watching that fight.
Edmund claimed she was dropping world champion female boxers in sparring which they denied, of course. But she was sparring with them at one point, apparently. I guess they were carrying her.

It looked like Silva x Leben.
In a sense but Leben actually had a chin which meant that he absorbed a hell of a lot more. He kept coming, headlong into it and ended up brutally stopped. Ronda crumbled and stumbled back and was rescued by Herb.

Carla Esparza esque was Ronda's striking.

That was somehow even worse than JJ vs Esparza.

lmao @ the people that thought Rousey was going to win, but mostly because of Rousey's gameplan.

"Oh, Holly beat my ass in boxing, so I'm going to stand up with the girl that beat HER ass in boxing, to show I'm the best boxer."

Stood up a whole 40 something seconds and traded something like 1 for 40. Great job.

Play to your strengths, dummy. Take her down and grab an arm, GSP style at the very least.. Be boring on the ground and win by decision or submission. Don't try to box with the person that made world champion boxer that outboxed you look like a child. That's how you lose in 40 seconds and cry.

Is this what it'll take for Rogan to finally retract his tongue from her ass?
When did Holly fight Amanda?

{<huh}

This is what happens when you believe in your own hype and get protected by your gym. Two things can happen how: She'll retire or she will open her eyes and switch gyms.

I feel like if she won it woulda been "see it was her fame and media obligations that made her lose"

And Joe was saying she looked in way better shape for this fight than Holm...so that was an excuse why she lost to Holm and that this is the real Ronda
Good point that certainly was the plan, just didn't work out at all lol

20161230100147_GettyImages630706518.JPG

Just wanted to leave this for some shoopers

You're giving references to back up the man-voice of two people who CLEARLY have taken PEDs and thus have man voices. Nice try but that's not gonna work.
Perhaps in those cases. Brazilian women are known for having deep voices, though. Amanda actually sounds fairly feminine for a Brazilian woman.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Brazil/comments/2dsevi/women_with_low_voices_on_brazilian_tv/

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/on-female-mma-fighters-and-vocal-depth.3188445/

In a sense but Leben actually had a chin which meant that he absorbed a hell of a lot more. He kept coming, headlong into it and ended up brutally stopped. Ronda crumbled and stumbled back and was rescued by Herb.
Leben lasted 49 seconds. Ronda lasted 48. Basically the same fight.

Looked like Anderson Silva vs Rousey rather than Nunes vs Rousey

Noonez is a garbage champion but I couldn't have been happier to see Ronda get embarrassed for a second straight fight.

Herb stopped the fight way too soon. He should have let it go until Ronda was fully KO'd. So sick of these pussy American refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back