Skyrim Special Edition

So this is me 9 hours into my legendary playthrough. I am currently level 15 and focusing on Smithing(56), Heavy Armor(36), One Handed(48), Block(28). I am also looking to level up enchanting and alchemy but I have yet to start on those
hEUErE7.jpg

DL0f6m5.jpg

This armor I am wearing is pretty cool. Reminds me of predator style armor

I get my ass kicked in pretty much all the time. I have Lydia as a follower and that helps me a shit ton.

She will agro the mobs and I will be able to just attack without having to worry about getting hit a lot.

I was stuck in a dungeon with her fighting like 5-7 bandits + a bandit leader at the same time and it took me like an hour just to kill them all cause I kept dying

Money hasn't been an issue as of yet. I have been able to find enough loot to sell and gold to keep smithing. I have the Ars Metalica mod(http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/321/?) that lets you melt down items to make ingots. I felt like I was kinda cheating by using it around level 30 smithing so I stopped using it as much. I just sold the items I found instead of breaking them down and just bought the ingots from the guy in whitehold.

Last edited:
I get my ass kicked in pretty much all the time. I have Lydia as a follower and that helps me a shit ton.

She will agro the mobs and I will be able to just attack without having to worry about getting hit a lot.

I was stuck in a dungeon with her fighting like 5-7 bandits + a bandit leader at the same time and it took me like an hour just to kill them all cause I kept dying

Money hasn't been an issue as of yet. I have been able to find enough loot to sell and gold to keep smithing. I have the Ars Metalica mod(http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/321/?) that lets you melt down items to make ingots. I felt like I was kinda cheating by using it around level 30 smithing so I stopped using it as much. I just sold the items I found instead of breaking them down and just bought the ingots from the guy in whitehold.
The limit in exploit and cheating should always be "where it stops being fun". I think you found the sweet spot by exploiting a little then just stop. Maybe later, you'll need money or ingots and use the Ars Metal again.

So this is me 9 hours into my legendary playthrough. I am currently level 15 and focusing on Smithing(56), Heavy Armor(36), One Handed(48), Block(28). I am also looking to level up enchanting and alchemy but I have yet to start on those
hEUErE7.jpg

DL0f6m5.jpg

This armor I am wearing is pretty cool. Reminds me of predator style armor
Nice armor. It is surely part of a mod because I don't recall that exact style. It's like a combination of two styles. There seem to be a steel armor under the fur cape, it's a combo of a steel and leather armor put together.

If you level up enchanting and alchemy after your other tasks, don't forget to use the standing stones to your advantage. Alchemy falls under Thief stone, Enchanting is Mage stone. Make sure to select the one you're leveling up and make sure to sleep in an owned bed to maximise the experience you will gain. This is not exploiting: this is using common game mechanics to avoid repeating the same things too often. Do it to reach your goal then forget about it!

Since my PS3 is functional again I have finished a shit load of quests that had accumulated.

The only thing is that the misc quests often trigger new ones, so there is always a shitload of stuff to do.

I am eager to just finish all the quests and just walk around randomly to start new ones.

Soon I'm supposed to get that gem in which you can store human souls. Fuck yeah.

Since my PS3 is functional again I have finished a shit load of quests that had accumulated.

The only thing is that the misc quests often trigger new ones, so there is always a shitload of stuff to do.

I am eager to just finish all the quests and just walk around randomly to start new ones.

Soon I'm supposed to get that gem in which you can store human souls. Fuck yeah.
By "that gem", do you mean Azura's Star? Remember: during the quest, you will be asked to make a choice. The quest changes the reward you will receive. Azura's Star can store every soul but grand / dark souls. Once you use the soul for enchantment, Azura's Star can trap another soul. The alternative is the Black Star. It can only store dark souls but it's much more useful for high level enchanting. I would choose the Black Star everytime: dard soul provide the most powerful enchantment!

Have fun!

By "that gem", do you mean Azura's Star? Remember: during the quest, you will be asked to make a choice. The quest changes the reward you will receive. Azura's Star can store every soul but grand / dark souls. Once you use the soul for enchantment, Azura's Star can trap another soul. The alternative is the Black Star. It can only store dark souls but it's much more useful for high level enchanting. I would choose the Black Star everytime: dard soul provide the most powerful enchantment!

Have fun!

My our lady Azura curse the very ground you walk on.

Personaly I tend to find Azura's star fairly useless. By the time you get to a level to really start enchanting items and keeping them charged you normally have more gold then you what to do with. Filled black and grand soul gems are easy enough to buy.

Have fun!

Ok I ll keep that in mind. I m going skiing for a week but I ll take care of that upon my return.

Skyblivion seems to be coming up faster than we thought! The team has announced that they have accomplished a year's work in 2 months since the release of the trailer:

Rumors has it 2017 is a release date possibility but logic dictates that it will take longer, probably mid 2018 if all goes well. Keep in mind they want to keep it free and most of the team are voluntary contribtors.

Take a look at that progress:

Because I don't want to pour a shit ton of money into a PC just so I can play games

Know what's awesome about pc games?

BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY.

My machine still can play quake 1.

I havn't upgraded anything but the vid card since 2012.

Loki's Lakeview Manor is nearly completed and furnished. Which kind of bums me out. I built an Enchancting tower and Alchemy Tower yet my Main Hall already has both tables. Would be nice if I could demolish a tower and build something else in it's place.

I do love having EVERYTHING in close proximity. Wish the display cases actually worked. Every time i place something in to one of them I find the item on the floor when I return.

Oh well, I still have a wicked view of the lake from the towers.

Know what's awesome about pc games?

BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY.

My machine still can play quake 1.

I havn't upgraded anything but the vid card since 2012.
My brother in crime! I bought my machine in 2012 too, didn't upgrade anything. It was a good one but a "one package deal" with many useless things like a Beats soundcard.

I still play old games on it, I kept it on win 7 for that. Doom, Diablo, Baldur's Gate: I'm geezer so I need a geezer's machine! This has been my rig for hundreds of hours of Vanilla Skyrim and I still use it for Special Edition, even if I can't manage settings superior to medium...

I already have 350+ hours of SE: I don't plan on playing as much but I willl surely reach 500 before 2018. And you've all seen my pictures here: they're not ugly but clearly medium settings!

My latest character Linelle:
8811a0bb4a0e4.jpg

Attending Kodlak's funeral, I took off my mask out of respect:
a98b485bef7e4.jpg

Last edited:
Skyblivion seems to be coming up faster than we thought! The team has announced that they have accomplished a year's work in 2 months since the release of the trailer:

Rumors has it 2017 is a release date possibility but logic dictates that it will take longer, probably mid 2018 if all goes well. Keep in mind they want to keep it free and most of the team are voluntary contribtors.

Take a look at that progress:

God that looks beautiful. Makes me want to buy a PC

Now that Loki's settling in at his Lakeview Manor he's taken to hoarding all the riches of the land. With so many chests, safes and storage space at his disposal he's turned to trying to fill them all with loot. He's beginning to trust no one and is finding himself angry with the inhabitants of the land he was exiled to. He's been trying to find ways to balance his rage and has taken up a little greenthumbery in his garden. He loves to stop and smell his blue mountain flowers and dragon's tongue when in bloom.

Over time he started to miss his old battle buddy, Sven, and having the company of a mortal slave. While popping into a pub for a drink some chick copped an attitude with Loki and challenged him to some fisticuffs. Loki, always up for some ass kicking, obliged and beat her face in. With her teeth knocked out she swore her allegiance to battle along side a god. Now Loki has a new friend. For now.

Now that Loki's settling in at his Lakeview Manor he's taken to hoarding all the riches of the land. With so many chests, safes and storage space at his disposal he's turned to trying to fill them all with loot. He's beginning to trust no one and is finding himself angry with the inhabitants of the land he was exiled to. He's been trying to find ways to balance his rage and has taken up a little greenthumbery in his garden. He loves to stop and smell his blue mountain flowers and dragon's tongue when in bloom.

Over time he started to miss his old battle buddy, Sven, and having the company of a mortal slave. While popping into a pub for a drink some chick copped an attitude with Loki and challenged him to some fisticuffs. Loki, always up for some ass kicking, obliged and beat her face in. With her teeth knocked out she swore her allegiance to battle along side a god. Now Loki has a new friend. For now.
This is a girl and she has a name: her name is Uthgerd the Unbroken.

Her name is Uthgerd the Unbroken.

Her name is Uthgerd the Unbroken...

bf5e78b9d1013774483def849a730bca.jpg

798.jpg

I must admit. She's much better company than Sven ever was. Aside from the occasional side boob as she changes gear Loki's reason for having her around is simply for her to lug around insane amounts of loot as well as tank for him in battles.

Now that the manor is nearly 100% furnished I'll be using all iron ingots to pump out as many official Loki series daggers as possible. They're crap quality, but Loki doesn't care. His name alone will sell the pieces of crap.

I am now level 43 with my build looking Smithing(100) Alchemy(100) Enchanting(100) OneHand(85) Heavy Armor(76) Block(60)

So this is the armor I decided on using for my main armor right now. Its enchanted with +Health +Stamina Regen + One handed + Block and my jerwlery is all enchanted with Magic resistance. I made them by buffing my smithing with fortify smithing and using a foritfy enchanting potion. I am aware there is a exploit where you can get really really powerful armor by doing a glitch when fortify restoration but I didn't do that. This armor is exploit free but still pretty good. My visible armor rating is at 659 and my magic resisence is capped at 85. I also have the spellbreaker shield that protects me from most magic attacks in game. Speaking of this shield it took me so damn long to beat the boss who had it. My dps was not high enough to beat him the first time since he heals so I had to leave and level up and grab pots and come back and I beat him on like my last pot

pjgTxB2.jpg

5UF6KDN.jpg
This is lydia in full ebony armor with the same smithing and enchanting that I have on my armor
63syrIq.png

Dragons are a pain in the ass on legendary

They always love attacking me in a city or on an island so when they land they always land on top of a building or hover over you. So I had to use a bow and it takes like 30-45 mins on average to kill these fuckers.

Dragons are a pain in the ass on legendary

They always love attacking me in a city or on an island so when they land they always land on top of a building or hover over you. So I had to use a bow and it takes like 30-45 mins on average to kill these fuckers.

I never liked fighting the dragons in this game. They're so fucking tedious. Fly around, land for a few seconds, fly around some more. The only reason it takes so damn long to beat them, is because for 85% of the encounter, they're impossible to hit, unless you're a mage, or an archer, and even then they're a pain in the ass.

I hope in the next game, the big baddies are land based. Just take a cue from Fallout, and make some Deathclaw things, or some super powerful giant enemies. Can't stand the those damn dragons.

Back