Sakuraba >>> St. Pierre and Hughes, is that correct?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sakuraba, the WW goat that never been actually the WW goat... Based on Potential (and acomplishments), was he better than St. Pierre and Hughes? Saku faced some of the toughest competition ever, and has great wins over much bigger guys than him.

better than Hughes while GSP is a tough fight for both. GSP has a better record, just the few losses, but Saku fought Wanderlei and all those big good dudes so it's hard to compare.

To me Saku is clearly the best WW to ever compete in MMA. The other side of the coin is that GSP and Hughes actually fought and dominated the WW division. Saku mainly fought 200+ pounders his entire career.

I don't see GSP or Hughes having even close to the same success Saku had vs. those much bigger opponents.

Head-to-head I just don't see how anyone could favor GSP or Hughes to beat Saku. Hughes style is tailor made for Saku as he is worse on the feet and had poor submission defense over is career.

GSP could theoretically just Jab and move to a UD, but I'd favor Saku to either hurt him the feet or submit him.

I don't see GSP or Hughes having even close to the same success Saku had vs. those much bigger opponents.
True, but this is mostly due to their styles.

There's no way GSP or Hughes could out wrestle, out grapple or out power guys that were much bigger than them.

Sakuraba, the WW goat that never been actually the WW goat... Based on Potential (and acomplishments), was he better than St. Pierre and Hughes? Saku faced some of the toughest competition ever, and has great wins over much bigger guys than him.
Hahahahaha.
d95.gif

Perhaps not better. Crazier.

While I doubt he would have held the WW title in the UFC for 5 defenses. I don't believe Hughes or GSP had the madness to go out and defeat some ferocious LHWs in Pride, so there are certainly merits to both sides of the discussion.

GSP routinely trained against bigger fighters and by all accounts held his own and by some accounts...and then some.

I do think Saku beats Hughes however, but there is a huge evolutionary gap between Hughes and GSP.

Head-to-head I just don't see how anyone could favor GSP or Hughes to beat Saku. Hughes style is tailor made for Saku as he is worse on the feet and had poor submission defense over is career.

GSP could theoretically just Jab and move to a UD, but I'd favor Saku to either hurt him the feet or submit him.

Lol what?? Semi motivated Penn>Saku

You're comparing Hendricks to a prime roided to the gills Wand?
We're comparing their 200+ pound opponents and how they did against them so yeah good chance pre usada Hendricks was roided up too and he was scoring 1 punch knockouts before the gsp fight

That's affirmative.

Back