Kavanaugh: I'll be training Conor, because Freddie Roach failed

"If anyone has a bigger chance than this noob Freddie Roach to get my leprechaun to look half-decent in a boxing ring with Floyd Mayweather jr., it is me, John Kavanaugh"

{<jordan}

I think he's right. Conor isn't going to beat Floyd in a straight boxing match and being a traditional boxer. He's going to have to fight like an MMA fight. Stay on the outside, use angles and throw awkward shots at weird angles Floyd isn't used to seeing.

Conor's only chance is by being different.

Ho'kay John. You think a BJJ guy's going to be a better trainer than Freddie?

Can't say I'm surprised at the number of people who don't understand or are intentionally twisting what he said. He's not going to be teaching Conor boxing technique, he's managing his training camp. And he's absolutely right that Conor's best chance is doing something different than the last 49 guys have tried.

Can't say I'm surprised at the number of people who don't understand or are intentionally twisting what he said. He's not going to be teaching Conor boxing technique, he's managing his training camp. And he's absolutely right that Conor's best chance is doing something different than the last 49 guys have tried.

Like what.. whoop out the cockadoodledoo and poke Floyd in the eye with it?

You guys can make all the jokes you want but this guy got Conor to be a 2 weight world champ in the UFC.

People like to diminish what Conor has done but lets not forget Aldo was considered a p4p great before Conor starched him in 13.

Kav should talk. All of Mcgregor's losses have come from being submitted (one by a 125'er), and he's going to coach Mcgregor how to box?

Makes perfect sense.

To me is more that they didn't want to pay Freddie's salary, and a hard hitting southpaw?? so Pacquiao is orthodox or he does not have a left hand??

Yeah, train and corner your 0-0 pro boxer since Kavanagh knows a lot about it.

Any boxing nerds in here? Would be interested to hear the stats on how many fighters Freddie Roach has trained that lost against Mayweather. He certainly didn't train any fighter that beat him.

Any boxing nerds in here? Would be interested to hear the stats on how many fighters Freddie Roach has trained that lost against Mayweather. He certainly didn't train any fighter that beat him.
May as well get me to train Conor. I'm undefeated in training fighters to beat Floyd.

GTFO of there with this dumb ass logic.

I think he's right. Conor isn't going to beat Floyd in a straight boxing match and being a traditional boxer. He's going to have to fight like an MMA fight. Stay on the outside, use angles and throw awkward shots at weird angles Floyd isn't used to seeing.

Conor's only chance is by being different.

lol So you think Mcgrgeor is going to reinvent the wheel? That he and Kav are going to come up with something that Floyd hasn't seen or beaten before?

May as well get me to train Conor. I'm undefeated in training fighters to beat Floyd.

GTFO of there with this dumb ass logic.
I'm sure you'd do just as good a job.

I've honestly understood that it's not Conor that I hate - but rather his fans and his retarded ass coach.

Fuck you you delusional retard

Irish Edmund right here.. and still so many people refuse to see this... one day your eyes will be opened.

Lucky with Conor cause he has nothing else.. and unlike Ronda Conor is better at this and won't go away so easy.

Save that money Conor, retirement is only around the corner. No need to pay for fancy trainers.

lol So you think Mcgrgeor is going to reinvent the wheel? That he and Kav are going to come up with something that Floyd hasn't seen or beaten before?

These guys are completely rigid in their training. Floyd is a traditional trained to fight traditional boxers and he's excellent at it. When he has to fight someone that throws single shots at weird angles and with power, he's not going to be used to that. It's Conor's only chance of winning. He's not going to outbox Floyd.

This is the same point i made when this fight was first talked about.

I wasn't making it in relation to Kavanagh coaching Conor, just that guys who have trained to box all their lives can't touch Floyd, so why attempt to box Floyd in the traditional sense.

Conor should fight with his usual karate/boxing stance, and see what happens, he cant outbox Floyd, so why even try.

Well, apparently McGregor isn't the only delusional one in that camp.
Conor's been delusional every step of the way according to most on Sherdog...

Seems to be working so far.

Back