man lynched by govt officials for objecting to them taking pictures of women defecating in public

I've actually been to India and I've never seen this (aww shucks, amirite). We did stop by their version of a highway rest stop once - I was repelled by the stench. My buddy went in, but didn't emerge the same man. Changed he was.

according to the indian government, as recently as 2016, about 500 million people there practice open defecation (out of a population of 1.3 billion)

they have the highest concentration of outdoor shitters in the world
023.png

I have a hard time believing that . It problebly more of an poverty issue

you are wrong

"But the SQUAT survey conducted by r.i.c.e found that 40 per cent of households that have a working latrine have at least one person who regularly defecates in the open. Further, less than half of people who own a government latrine use it regularly. “47 per cent of those that defecate in the open say they do so because it is pleasant, comfortable, or convenient.”

http://www.thehindu.com/data/What-numbers-tell-us-about-Open-Defecation-in-India/article15422326.ece

here's another embarassing story coming out of India.

In case you're wondering why they're defecating in the open, India is pushing hard to get plumbing in the households of their citizens because right now they're just shitting in ditches and gardens. This is a problem for a number of reasons, notably the rampant spread of disease and the number of women who are getting raped while trying to defecate.

So they've legislated that every house must get a toilet and have actually hired civil servants to act as toilet police who go and inspect people's houses to make sure that they have toilets which are installed, functioning and being used.

The article doesn't say so, but there's a good chance these workers were taking photos of women shitting in the open in order to shame them into using toilets.

https://thewire.in/148380/rajasthan-man-lynched/
This just sounds like people trying to get upset about something in another country.

LOL when I was in HS we had this Indian kid. His dad was diplomat, and they were some kind of indian nobility.

Anyways he shit in the restroom sink once, and once shit on the floor of his friends house when he was over.

Of course this kid was wealthy, and influential being a diplomat. He went on to Rutgers. Rutgers by the way has lots of indians.

according to the indian government, as recently as 2016, about 500 million people there practice open defecation (out of a population of 1.3 billion)

023.png

Why dont you Americans try it? It is liberating!!

you are wrong

"But the SQUAT survey conducted by r.i.c.e found that 40 per cent of households that have a working latrine have at least one person who regularly defecates in the open. Further, less than half of people who own a government latrine use it regularly. “47 per cent of those that defecate in the open say they do so because it is pleasant, comfortable, or convenient.”

http://www.thehindu.com/data/What-numbers-tell-us-about-Open-Defecation-in-India/article15422326.ece

Cultural difference mi amigo

american xenophobic bigotry! wont accept india's vibrant a beautiful culture! accept multiculturalism you nazis!

Cultural difference mi amigo

thats my point, UNICEF and other bleeding heart orgs keep campaigning to "end open defecation" or "help eliminate the open defecation crisis" etc. as if its an issue of poverty or lack of resources.

they just like doing it, even if you build them a toilet, they dont want to poo in the loo, they prefer designated shitting streets

Last year I started a thread about British government buildings being officially mandated to install holes in the floors in all their bathrooms to accomodate people who don't want to use a toilet. I thought for sure the anti-immigrant people would be up in arms about filthy savages imposing their foul practises on us. Imagine my surprise when the most xenophobic loudmouths in the WR spent the entire thread talking about how much they love sitting down to shit. They were comparing squatty potty products and reviewing them, giving their preferences, etc. Complete troll fail on my part.

Hey Ghandj
So why Ghandi did not fixed this particular problem in India? He doew not believe in Toilets?

Did you really use the Dhalsim Avatar to mock Ghandi since he is from India too or you just happen to choose that AV?

Gandhi is one of my real my nicknames (play on my first and last name - no other connection) and so I used it here in the WR as it's political. I did a google search for fighting Gandhis and dhalsim popped up, since I'm was a vid nerd as well.... I know exciting stuff :)

023.png
51BLcq%2B35WL.jpg

I would be a fan of seeing those photos, but I would not want to be there in person when shit hits the fan

I'm more surprised that people here are surprised that Indians poop in the open.

1/3 of Indians don't use toilets (that's 500 million), they have more cell phones than toilets in the country. They have designated shitting streets but also poop wherever

Their beaches are also considered fair game, where anywhere on the sand, you can just shit right there and it's considered normal

Westerners try to build toilets for them, but they make them into shrines and worship them, then poop in the open anyways

For example here are designated shitting streets
2042fa250d4841c002323b7b505e473b.jpg

_85319913_poop_protest.jpg

Here is a picture of what beaches look like in India, since they consider sand/beach to be a natural restroom of sorts
SVoAs7n_d.jpg

vQbR0M.gif

This is a restroom foreigners built, but they made it a shrine and then poop on the street around it, which apparently happens more often than not with restrooms
toilet-worship.jpg
<{clintugh}><DrakeLaugh><DrakeLaugh><DrakeLaugh><DrakeLaugh><DrakeLaugh><DrakeLaugh><DrakeLaugh><DrakeLaugh>

I wonder which method those hawt bollywood actresses, and miss universe pageant contestants from India prefer. Women like Aishwarya Rai, and Padma Laksmi are who I am referring.

By the way where is @panamaican? His wife is from that country I believe.

While I'm on the subject of indias disgusting poop habits, did you know that 2/3's of Indians use dung-based fuel to cook?

woman-making-dung-cakes.jpg

(Woman carrying cow shit to burn in her kitchen)

It's usually done with cow shit, but they use it+wood to create flames to cook with

They cook their food over burning shit

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...a-still-relies-on-dung-based-fuel-to-cook-un/

According to the United Nations, millions of Indians die every year from indoor pollution caused by burning dried cow shit inside their kitchen and a Berkeley study shows that the average kitchen that does this, provides the same amount of pollution as burning "400 cigarettes per hour"

http://indiaclimatedialogue.net/2014/07/17/millions-die-indians-still-cook-wood-dung/

29dung1.jpg

Can you imagine how bad some of those villages smell with people shitting just right there on the street and cow shit smoke coming out of their homes?

Back