Brain Damage in Wmma

just a normal day for me and ive never been punched in the head

if all the scans are clear, shes been tested, nothings wrong, i dont think you can put 2 and 2 together no...
You cant actually diagnose CTE till after death so, its not so cut and dry. Clearly something is wrong and she knows when it started. So it is not much of a leap to put one and one together.

why, shes had a full mri and brain scans and they arent showing any reason for the issues

op is putting 2 and 2 together without any evidence of his conclusion
you are the man dim, but putting the sugar in the fridge and the tea in the cupboard is not normal. nor is taking the word of machine over human instinct that something is wrong. thats why you earned number 2 in shameful posts in this thread

why, shes had a full mri and brain scans and they arent showing any reason for the issues

op is putting 2 and 2 together without any evidence of his conclusion

"Brain scans" (meaning mris ??!!) are definitive for detection of cognitive impairment from fighting? They pick up 100% of cases? Or maybe some things don't show up on a scan? You lack common sense.

Rothenhausler was a powerful puncher, which I suppose might have encouraged dudes to throw at hard at her during sparring. She threw this winning punch at Invicta FC 4.
tumblr_n63wq3RdDN1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

In the one minute video below, you can see Veronica win by what was her second-in-a-row 5-seconds-into-the-first-round-KO-win as an amateur. Her opponent, Ashley Evans-Smith went on to the UFC.

Might very well be the reason. She actually had a lot of power for a woman.

Imagine thinking women can hit each other hard enough to cause brain damage.

Swedish female boxer Frida Wallberg received some serious brain damage and was forced to retire. She's from a town pretty close to mine, was sad when it happened. Some of the issues were genetical though, but being hit in the head obviously doesn't help.
<mma1>

Of course women can suffer brain damage from fighting. This is why athletic commissions have to be very careful about sanctioning the type of grotesque mismatches that Invicta FC was able to get away with scheduling for Cris Cyborg. There is no way that fighters like Muxlow, Ibragimova and Van Duin should have been let within a mile of a cage with Cyborg in it.

Of course women can suffer brain damage from fighting. This is why athletic commissions have to be very careful about sanctioning the type of grotesque mismatches that Invicta FC was able to get away with scheduling for Cris Cyborg. There is no way that fighters like Muxlow, Ibragimova and Van Duin should have been let within a mile of a cage with Cyborg in it.

To be honest, most women shouldn't be in a cage with Cris but that's what makes her interesting to watch...I'm an equal opportunity guy when it comes to violence.

Stress and getting older are big causes of memory loss and lacking focus. I wouldn't worry about brain damage unless I can't remember how to make an egg, tie my shoes etc or speech is effected.
I remember staring at a screwdriver once trying to remember what it was called..
you are the man dim, but putting the sugar in the fridge and the tea in the cupboard is not normal. nor is taking the word of machine over human instinct that something is wrong. thats why you earned number 2 in shameful posts in this thread
Who hasn't put coffee in their breakfast bowl on the odd occasion?

Nah, it's when Vito's brother got fucked up by that crazy guy xD.

Mustang Sally? Hahaha...Ralph was always a prick.

How did boxing rules kill him? I'm not starting an argument but please explain.

Boxing rules seem to be more conducive to creating head trauma issues in athletes.

Pretty sure Hague's prior KO string in MMA was a big factor in this though.

WMMA gives me brain damage watching it

We need awareness on this guys

After the death mma/boxer Tim Hauge there has been a lot of talk about brain damage in mma among male fighters. What about brain damage among wmma fighters? Here are a few exmaples to consider like:

former mma/boxer Michele "Diabilita" Gutierrez
told AXS that she finds it hard to concentrate sometimes, and that she has trouble remembering things from her past.
"Diablita" often finds herself confused and disoriented, regularly misplacing personal items and forgetting past events. She's not positive her memory loss is a direct result of MMA fighting, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put two and two together. I feel spacey a lot. I do things like put the cheese in the pantry and bread in the fridge. I have no long term memory and it's awful. I feel like I'm 80 years old," she said.

"I definitely find it hard to concentrate. All my MRI and brain scans have always come back normal, but I did suffer a seizure about a year ago and the doctors couldn't explain why. I was very irresponsible during training. I never wore head gear! I felt like I got hit more wearing it and I def regret that. Can't say I'm like this from fighting but I'd guess yes if I had to bet on it.

Gutierrez says she started noticing a change in her mind and body after her fight in 2011 against Amanda LaVoy. She suffered a serious concussion that year, and described herself as "feeling different" from then on. The hard-hitting California slugger went on to fight three more times over the next two years, absorbing dozens more blows to the head.
https://www.axs.com/news/michele-gutierrez-feeling-long-term-effects-of-mma-fighting-34577

There are other examples like Veronica Rothenhausler, Aisling Daly and we all know about Cat Zingano

What is there to consider? Why do people keep acting like we're discovering something new about fighting? Like until Hague died (in boxing) the world thought fighting was good for the human brain?

Back