Baltimore cop caught red-handed planting drugs, by his own body camera.

I highly doubt they're pulling these stunts on local pastors, community leaders, crossing guards, etc.

Not saying it's right, but I'm certain the people being "framed" have rap sheets.

Yep, the cops always know who is really guilty, we shouldn't bother with a court system, we could save a ton if we just put away anyone the cops say is guilty.

1. Pay cops more.
2. Hire more.
3. Have them work less hours.
4. Increase frequency of training.
5. Bodycams are mandatory, upgrade them to hold more footage so that they are on for the whole shift.

When I was a Sheriff, my main gripe was the hours. The hours are FUBAR and it really wears on you. Factor in dealing with pieces of shit all day, running around on a hot LA day in your uniform 8 hours in knowing mentally you have ANOTHER shift to do after (doubles).

The whole system needs a revamp but nobody wants to look at these factors, they just assume all cops are just pieces of shit like the officers involved in this case...
I read today that the cop who put Eric Garner in what turned out to be a fatal choke hold is still employed with the NYPD and makes $118k per year. Cops make plenty relative to their level of education, experience, etc. I also find it funny how cops themselves and their supporters are supposed to be conservative but want the taxpayers to foot the bill for higher salaries and pensions, etc. Taxpayers also have to pay for all of their numerous fuck ups and the large settlements that accompany them.

That said, I don't want to totally shit on your post and you do raise some solid points. But yeah, being a cop is a high-salary blue-collar job, ample opportunity for overtime, free food, etc. So I'm not sure if low pay is the issue. Granted, if you work at some backwater PD then maybe it is. But then again, living costs are lower there and no one's forcing them to take that job.

That officer should get 5 years in prison for attempting to fraudulently imprison another man. Make an example out of him, because that's amongst the most disgusting things one person could do to another person IMO
Throw him and all others like him in gen pop.

Yep, the cops always know who is really guilty, we shouldn't bother with a court system, we could save a ton if we just put away anyone the cops say is guilty.
We'll, they do work the streets.

And LOL at attorneys knowing full well their clients are guilty as sin, but striving to get reduced sentences.

The video was in the link. Seems pretty damning to me. And ultimately it won't be up to just the public defender. The fact that the charges were dropped is quite telling. I'm sure other charges involving this officer will also be dropped.
Pretty certain the guy they "framed" was guilty of something or other.

War on drugs everybody.

Cop plants drugs in soup can in a yard, to implicate a suspect. His fellow cops watch on as he does it.
Cops leave the back-alley yard and come back to the street.
Cop who planted the drugs turns the camera on.

-
When body-camera is turned on, it keeps footage that happened 30seconds prior to unit coming on. Charges have been dropped against the suspect.

Now what would have happened to the guy if there were no body-camera or if this guy didn't turn it on. This is just the tip of the iceberg .

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-body-camera-footage-20170719-story.html

That is really concerning. And, why would you plant evidence when you know you're on camera?

Thank God for the police. Protect and serve and all that stuff...

That is really concerning. And, why would you plant evidence when you know you're on camera?
He didn't know the camera catches the 30 seconds right before you turn it on.

That officer should get 5 years in prison for attempting to fraudulently imprison another man. Make an example out of him, because that's amongst the most disgusting things one person could do to another person IMO

Happens so much it's actually laughable and frightening. Here in Toronto, a police division downtown had 4 officers charged for planting Heroin on suspects for years. Heroin.

He didn't know the camera catches the 30 seconds right before you turn it on.
They shouldn't have the ability to turn those things off and on themselves. Otherwise, what is the point? They should always be kept honest.

Cop plants drugs in soup can in a yard, to implicate a suspect. His fellow cops watch on as he does it.
Cops leave the back-alley yard and come back to the street.
Cop who planted the drugs turns the camera on.

-
When body-camera is turned on, it keeps footage that happened 30seconds prior to unit coming on. Charges have been dropped against the suspect.

Now what would have happened to the guy if there were no body-camera or if this guy didn't turn it on. This is just the tip of the iceberg .

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-body-camera-footage-20170719-story.html
The camera should be running all the time, they shouldn't even have the option to turn it on or off. That bs happened again with that shooting in Minnesota. Multiple officers, supposedly none of them had cameras on. That is not an acceptable excuse anymore

They shouldn't have the ability to turn those things off and on themselves. Otherwise, what is the point? They should always be kept honest.
They don't have the memory required for it. Time will fix it.

Hopefully the sentence is harsh enough to create a wave within the department and thwart that kind of behavior. I wholeheartedly agree that faking evidence should carry the same punishment as the intended perpetrator would have received, maybe even more severe. Won't see a tear shed from me. Fuck this guy.

That being said, I'm still an overall believer in the police force. I know, I know. Boot licker.

Hopefully the sentence is harsh enough to create a wave within the department and thwart that kind of behavior. I wholeheartedly agree that faking evidence should carry the same punishment as the intended perpetrator would have received, maybe even more severe. Won't see a tear shed from me. Fuck this guy.

That being said, I'm still an overall believer in the police force. I know, I know. Boot licker.
My local pd wants to install bullet proof glass on their parking garage because they are afraid of impending sniper attacks. I could give a shit less about the profession because of mindset it breeds.

Now just piggyback this with some asset forfeiture and we got ourselves a party

This is Baltimore, they're a notoriously corrupt department. No news from there surprises me.

Back