The Jordan Peterson Thread - V2 -

Either you never went to university or you're very elderly and went a long, long time ago. This 'social Marxism', while I don't necessarily like that title for it, is the prevailing ideology.

Students are nervous to engage in logic- or statistics-based dialogue in case the conclusions drawn benefit the perspective of a taboo race or gender. All findings/conclusions must align with a very narrow definition of 'social progress'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel's_ontological_proof
Social Marxism is very literally a NAZI conspiracy theory.

HOLA needs to clean his room

Huh? Yeah, he is. But not in an insane but loveable way like Yoel Romero.

He just says stuff. It appeals to angry alienated white boys who have never read anything related to academic writings and are taken in by Peterson.

"Oooh, he's anti-SJW, but he doesn't just call them cucks! He uses bigly words!"

Seriously, are you guys convinced by this? Or is it, "I dunno wtf that means. That means he's smart. Plus, he doesn't like PC. Yeah, he's my guy!"

"To say "I believe in God" is equivalent, in some sense, to say "my thought is ultimately coherent, but predicated on an axiom (as my thought is also incomplete, so I must take something on faith)."

To say "I don't believe in God" is therefore to say "no axiom outside my thought is necessary" or "the necessary axiom outside my thought is not real." The consequence of this statement is that God himself unravels, then the state unravels, then the family unravels, and then the self itself unravels.

To stem this unraveling with false certainty: that is totalitarianism. To speed it along is nihilism. We experimented with totalitarianism in the twentieth century, as an alternative to the ultimate axiom of faith in the unknowable and unspeakable. Totalitarianism failed. Now we will have to experiment to nihilism. This experiment, led by the resentful, will also fail, and it is as doubtful that we can survive it as it was that we could survive totalitarianism."
I still owe a couple long responses itt to a couple posters, but those are excellent Peterson quotes to illustrate his panic at trying to put Nietzsche back in the bottle.

Social Marxism is very literally a NAZI conspiracy theory.

You are a very disappointing person. Your aversion to thought itself is gross.

You can only hide behind your "nazis" and "white boys" rhetoric for so long. Eventually you will be cornered and forced to actually think. Having never before exercised that faculty, you will melt down.

I don't know how you can stand it. Spending your entire life just analyzing Trump tweets and intellectual evasion via the "white boys, haha, we don't wanna be those" card. Don't you ever become curious about what it's like in the thinking man's world? Don't you ever want to shed your dirty overalls?

Last edited:
Yeah, yeah. I know how triggered you Peterson fans get.

It's a decent shtick. "The regressives are comin to get ya! Turn you into commies!"

I think he may be a little too late to the game to make real money off it though.

It's so neat, how he ties everything up for you. All the diverse ideas of thought with some form tied to Marx will inevitably lead down the path of Stalinism and Leninism. A point he repeated I dunno how many times on Joe's podcast.

You can only hide behind your "nazis" and "white boys" rhetoric for so long. Eventually you will be cornered and forced to actually think. Having never before exercised that faculty, you will melt down.

I don't know how you can stand it. Spending your entire life just analyzing Trump tweets and intellectual evasion via the "white boys, haha, we don't wanna be those" card. Don't you ever become curious about what it's like in the thinking man's world? Don't you ever want to shed your dirty overalls?
Huh? I'm white.

And yeah, sure, I'm a pretty voracious reader.

Peterson and Harris are for neophytes who don't know any better.

I still owe a couple long responses itt to a couple posters, but those are excellent Peterson quotes to illustrate his panic at trying to put Nietzsche back in the bottle.
Best of luck, Fawlty. But this isn't a thread I'd recommended spending extended periods of time in.

Yeah, yeah. I know how triggered you Peterson fans get.

It's a decent shtick. "The regressives are comin to get ya! Turn you into commies!"

I think he may be a little too late to the game to make real money off it though.

It's so neat, how he ties everything up for you. All the diverse ideas of thought with some form tied to Marx will inevitably lead down the path of Stalinism and Leninism. A point he repeated I dunno how many times on Joe's podcast.

You are deliberately misinterpreting his point about the transformation of classical Marxists into post-modernists or 'social' Marxists following the repeated failure of Marxist-derived governments. Tracing their origins is not the same as failing to differentiate between them.

Your argument is the equivalent of someone saying "evolution is a lie cuz I aint no ape!".

He is acknowledging and reiterating their embarrassment/repulsion towards Stalinism but questioning the necessity and motive for reviving social determinism -- the flawed concept from which all others originated. This is the collectivist link to non-biological interpretations of 'gender', 'race', etc. I've long said that the ultimate intellectual destroyer of Marxism is EO Wilson for this reason. He has the most effective explanation of how society itself is a subset/realization of biology.

For a simpler explanation of how 'blank slate' social determinism is the common origin of Marxist-like political ideologies, try Pinker, who might be powdery, Jewish and non-controversial enough for you to actually listen to without your conditioned phobias kicking in.

Last edited:
Huh? I'm white.

And yeah, sure, I'm a pretty voracious reader.

Peterson and Harris are for neophytes who don't know any better.

I believe you're white but not the other part. You are a simple person with political views revolving around SNL skits, Tweets, body language. Maybe you read a lot of women's romance novels or manga.

Either you never went to university or you're very elderly and went a long, long time ago. This 'social Marxism', while I don't necessarily like that title for it, is the prevailing ideology.

Students are nervous to engage in logic- or statistics-based dialogue in case the conclusions drawn benefit the perspective of a taboo race or gender. All findings/conclusions must align with a very narrow definition of 'social progress'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel's_ontological_proof

Pfft... Compare the size of Humanities and Social Science faculties and the number of degrees they are putting out to the size of the Business faculties. Less than half. Humanities are in a multi-decade decline.
They aren't teaching any sort of "Marxism" to business school graduates.

I believe you're white but not the other part. You are a simple person with political views revolving around SNL skits, Tweets, body language. Maybe you read a lot of women's romance novels or manga.
Aww c'mon dummy. Make your insults semi-believable if you want me to fall for them.

It's victim fantasy. Transgender Marxists ready to take over the world! (the role of Jews has yet to be determined)

Pfft... Compare the size of Humanities and Social Science faculties and the number of degrees they are putting out to the size of the Business faculties. Less than half. Humanities are in a multi-decade decline.
They aren't teaching any sort of "Marxism" to business school graduates.
Yeah. I went for accounting(would do it differently if I had a chance).

Not much of Marx in accelerated depreciation and FIFO. Be more exciting if there was. For fuck's sake accounting was boring.

You're batting 100%. 3 out of 3 threads I've seen you in today where you were demobstrably wrong. Like irrefutable evidence that you don't know what you're talking about. Fascinating.

He's too obvious with his trolling imo.

Peterson is the man, I could listen to him talk all day.

Yeah. I went for accounting(would do it differently if I had a chance).

Not much of Marx in accelerated depreciation and FIFO. Be more exciting if there was. For fuck's sake accounting was boring.

I'm still involved with my uni's department of Mathematical and Computer Science, and the education, humanities and social science faculties aren't even on the same campus (not that they've been banished or anything, there's also a separate campus for business, law, art, architecture, design, Indigenous cultures, Australian society and then another campus for health science).
Pretty sure they aren't hiding any Marxism in the Boolean.

He's too obvious with his trolling imo.

Peterson is the man, I could listen to him talk all day.

Can you name a single post-modernist who believes what is attributed to them by Peterson? He thinks everything is part of a Marxist plot - more specifically, a Tranny Marxist Nazi plot -so this should be easy enough.

And if he claims to hate Nazis so much, why is rehashing their ideas? Poor Nietzsche.

Even when you guys admit you need help understanding things, it seems like it's "Hey, what did Nietzsche mean according to Peterson?" Not "Hey, what did Nietzsche mean?"

I swear, you guys have conversion techniques, and I've even seen stuff reminiscent of Dianetics. All this within a few months.

looooooooool!

I also love the follow up question about Dostoevsky's Devils. Doh! Guess he couldn't answer that one! He needs to stop dropping names like Solzhenitsyn and Dostoevsky btw. Just don't.

Last edited:
Can you name a single post-modernist who believes what is attributed to them by Peterson? He thinks everything is part of a Marxist plot - more specifically, a Tranny Marxist Nazi plot -so this should be easy enough.

And if he claims to hate Nazis so much, why is rehashing their ideas? Poor Nietzsche.

Even when you guys admit you need help understanding things, it seems like it's "Hey, what did Nietzsche mean according to Peterson?" Not "Hey, what did Nietzsche mean?"

I swear, you guys have conversion techniques, and I've even seen stuff reminiscent of Dianetics. All this within a few months.

What do you actually dispute? That the postmodernists are marxists?

I just started listening to JP's podcast, which is just recorded lectures.

It's very interesting to listen to him talk about stuff outside of speech infringements in Canada. The dude is brilliant at breaking down religious texts into implications on human psychology.

Oddly enough, in one, he discussed how "reason" was not the ultimate answer to society's issues.

Very very interesting man. I implore those of you who haven't to listen to his lectures. You may be smarter for having done so.

Brand new (July 30th, 2017) Dr. Peterson interview:

It is interesting how much Molyneaux has changed since he first came out. He was aggressively atheistic and now he seems much more open to matters of faith.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back