Which one of you got my Worst War Room poster thread deleted? Gifs of hot chicks inside!

Who got the thread deleted? You have THREE votes.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, because I have nothing better to do than shut down your retard convention.
I'm just giving you shit, you get far too buthurt too easily.

Here's a question given your power lifter status. If someone can bench 580 on rails how much is that free weight?

I'm just giving you shit, you get far too buthurt too easily.

Here's a question given your power lifter status. If someone can bench 580 on rails how much is that free weight?

Bench 580 lbs on rails? Like doing the top end of the movement on a power rack? I would have to guess substantially less than 580 for a full lift with a proper pause at the bottom. Most people seem to fail off the first few inches of their chest, but I guess there are a few with sticking points at the top end. It wouldn't surprise me if you could rack press lockout.

My coach doesn't have me doing rack press lockouts because that's not really a weakness in my lift at the moment. If I fail, it's off the bottom of the press. We don't train anywhere near actual failure though. We float between 65% 1RM and 95% 1RM in our cycles. Typically I'll do pause bench or bench with chains as an accessory. So I'm not the best person to really judge someone with that limited information. Other guys more advanced than me in my gym are doing board presses, but not near max weight.

It really depends on the lifter, their personal weak points and the range of motion. I would guess if they are properly using rack press lockouts, they should be benching around 75% of that? I don't know. Pulled that number from my ass.

Bench 580 lbs on rails? Like doing the top end of the movement on a power rack? I would have to guess substantially less than 580 for a full lift with a proper pause at the bottom. Most people seem to fail off the first few inches of their chest, but I guess there are a few with sticking points at the top end. It wouldn't surprise me if you could rack press lockout.

My coach doesn't have me doing rack press lockouts because that's not really a weakness in my lift at the moment. If I fail, it's off the bottom of the press. We don't train anywhere near actual failure though. We float between 65% 1RM and 95% 1RM in our cycles. Typically I'll do pause bench or bench with chains as an accessory. So I'm not the best person to really judge someone with that limited information. Other guys more advanced than me in my gym are doing board presses, but not near max weight.

It really depends on the lifter, their personal weak points and the range of motion. I would guess if they are properly using rack press lockouts, they should be benching around 75% of that? I don't know. Pulled that number from my ass.
I just thought it was incredibly easy to get the 580 up and seeing as I've never benched more than 405 free weight just wanted to see if you had an opinion. Thanks, it was informative.

It was the full movement on a power rack, those machines make me feel like fucking Hercules.

I just thought it was incredibly easy to get the 580 up and seeing as I've never benched more than 405 free weight just wanted to see if you had an opinion. Thanks, it was informative.

It was the full movement on a power rack, those machines make me feel like fucking Hercules.

Oh are you talking about a smith machine like one of these?

HammerSrength-Smith-Machine-L.jpg

or a machine like?

KDK-1209-Wide-Chest-Press-machine-strength.jpg_350x350.jpg

When you said a power rack, I assumed you meant a movement like this that only works the top end of the bench. It's technically free weights, but you're only doing a partial movement to hit the top end of the lift.

Really if you're benching 405 legit free weights, you shouldn't be asking me. My bench is nowhere near that, but I'm focused more on strength and power than being a bench monkey. You're benching almost 100 lbs more than me.

Oh are you talking about a smith machine like one of these?

HammerSrength-Smith-Machine-L.jpg

or a machine like?

KDK-1209-Wide-Chest-Press-machine-strength.jpg_350x350.jpg

When you said a power rack, I assumed you meant a movement like this that only works the top end of the bench. It's technically free weights, but you're only doing a partial movement to hit the top end of the lift.

Really if you're benching 405 legit free weights, you shouldn't be asking me. My bench is nowhere near that, but I'm focused more on strength and power than being a bench monkey. You're benching almost 100 lbs more than me.

I asked because you seem to know what you're talking about and I mostly just lift alone at my house. The 580 was on one of those machines with a stack of plates you put a pin in. Normally I just lift at home with no spotter so I've never gone over the 4 plates per side that I have.

I asked because you seem to know what you're talking about and I mostly just lift alone at my house. The 580 was on one of those machines with a stack of plates you put a pin in. Normally I just lift at home with no spotter so I've never gone over the 4 plates per side that I have.

Yeah you would have a huge discrepancy on what you could lift in one of those machines vs what you could lift free weight. Stability and such play a huge role. When it's guided on rails, you don't have to control the weight in multiple directions. 405 lbs is pretty fucking respectable for a basement lifter.

Hopefully your squat and deadlift reflect a balanced training cycle though! If you're benching 405, you should be squatting and deadlifting insane weight.

Yeah you would have a huge discrepancy on what you could lift in one of those machines vs what you could lift free weight. Stability and such play a huge role. When it's guided on rails, you don't have to control the weight in multiple directions. 405 lbs is pretty fucking respectable for a basement lifter.

Hopefully your squat and deadlift reflect a balanced training cycle though! If you're benching 405, you should be squatting and deadlifting insane weight.
Get this serious discussion out of my fun thread.

<DisgustingHHH>

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm actually in physical therapy for my back so my squat and deadlift are like 70 lbs. Thanks for the help though.

I'm actually in physical therapy for my back so my squat and deadlift are like 70 lbs. Thanks for the help though.

That sucks! I spent the last decade trying to fix my back injury from my time overseas in Iraq. Went from not even being able to get into proper range of motion without pain to where I am today. Took a lot of work and a few setbacks, but if you're determined you can accomplish anything. Hopefully you're on the right road! It blows dick having back issues.

Did you report the original thread that got deleted? Would you be willing to let a mod answer that question?

I would be more than happy to let a mod to answer that. I couldn't even tell you the name of a single moderator on this board. As I said, I'm not a snitch. I'd happily let a retard convention go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back