Is Jones the only A level athlete in MMA?

A level?!?! LMAO Dude isn't even C level
2gt3g5v_jpg.gif
This gives me hope in life

DC was an olympian and sub a level jones dismantled him off a layoff.

Athleticism doesnt matter that much in the cage other than endurance....

Cormier, Lesnar, Romero, were olympians...

Jones I could see him going down that road too though

Looks pretty good to me. Terrible athlete can do this to a man thats been training catch wrestling for decades?

This aint the WWE bro, josh isnt playing along, and hes a huge strong man getting tossed around by a "terrible athlete" right...

View attachment 261103
That just shows hes a high level wrestler and is strong, DC is probably a C level athlete hes not really athletic at all just strong and tough.

Looks pretty good to me. Terrible athlete can do this to a man thats been training catch wrestling for decades?

This aint the WWE bro, josh isnt playing along, and hes a huge strong man getting tossed around by a "terrible athlete" right...

View attachment 261103

Can a terrible athlete have good enough wrestling and power to slam a man?

Yes he can, I don't see how that has anything to do with most of the physical attributes.

Romero is the most ahtletic, especially considering his age.

Hands down, the best athlete to compete in MMA was Hershsel Walker. Amazing running back who was a solid 225 pounds with near Olympic level speed. He won the "Superstars" (multi-athlete competition) more than once, if I recall, and competed until his late 30s in it. He even made the Olympic bobsledding team, though that was a bit of a stretch/joke.

Unfortunately he didn't try MMA until well into his 40s.

DC is 40 year old with half a foot difference in height and one foot difference foot in reach from Jones. I'm a fan of neither but DC is a much better P4P fighter. We will see how good Jon is when he fights Stipe, Overeem, Werdum and other men of his own size. It is really hard to speak on such things when he has only fought relative midgets and guys he should be two weight classes above.

Jones isn't even close to the best raw athlete in MMA, people just don't want to give the guy credit for being a natural fighting savant, and he's better at fighting than all of the superior athletes.

Heck even Sokoudjou is a better athlete, in his prime he had amazing speed, strength, and power, which let him take some elite guys by surprise, but he's not a great fighter so others were able to adapt and get a blueprint to victory.

Romero would have likely been in the NFL if he was American.

GSP in his prime adapted to wrestling in a mindlbowing way.

Jones does have incredible functional strength for his build, and that is an element of athleticism.

After the head kick D.C. Stumbled back to the cage & Jones attempted a flying knee

Oh yeah, It was kind of weird. A better example would be Jones landed a flush flying knee as his opening move against Shogun. He literally flew in the air for that one

D Level at best lets not kid ourselves. beats up a bunch of old (30+) F level guys. nothing to get excited over.

DC is 40 year old with half a foot difference in height and one foot difference foot in reach. I'm a fan of neither but DC is a much better P4P fighter. We will see how good Jon is when he fights Stipe, Overeem, Werdum and other men of his own size. It is really hard to speak on such things when he has only fought relative midgets and guys he should be two weight classes above.
I don't know you know what the P on P4P means.

Can a terrible athlete have good enough wrestling and power to slam a man?

Yes he can, I don't see how that has anything to do with most of the physical attributes.
That just shows hes a high level wrestler and is strong, DC is probably a C level athlete hes not really athletic at all just strong and tough.
I dont think u guys even understand what athlete means lol. Having a 6 pack and ripped muscles doesnt mean athelete

There a number of guys competing in MMA that competed in pro football. One could say that to make it to the NFL, you have to be an "A" level athlete, especially in the US given the vast number of college ball players.

Plenty of guys that competed at the highest levels of wrestling of course. Again given the vast number of collegiate wrestlers, you could give them "A" level status.

You say Arthur is a better athlete but he's a fat roidhead, I find Romero's athleticism at 40 years old more impressive.

I also think Jones has a different kind of athleticism more suited to MMA, just cos you can catch and run doesn't mean you're gonna be a beast fighter.
image.jpg

He also beat one of the wrestling GOAT's Cael Sanderson twice in international competition so I don't think there's any disputing Romero being an A level athlete especially looking at him in MMA at nearly 40 years old past his physical prime and he still looks like a superhero.

How many 200lbs+ guys at 40 years old do you know who can flip like this?

l2JhEefkzqpTzBvS8.gif

tumblr_nqifafECJV1tugoyjo2_400.gif

giphy.gif

FrigidUnselfishBrahmancow.gif

giphy.gif

I dont think u guys even understand what athlete means lol. Having a 6 pack and ripped muscles doesnt mean athelete

Exactly, but all sorts of movement does.

You already know this though, not sure why you keep pretending like you don't get it.

Back