Frank Fertitta Just Bought a 9,100 Sq Foot Apartment For 70 Million

Inb4 Berniebros start complaining about a wealthy man spending his own money the way he sees fit.

You can't buy normal apartments in America??

When I think apartment, a 500-600 sq ft box that you pay too much to rent is what comes to mind. You can buy attached homes but those are usually condos or duplexes. < /semantics>

i wonder how much 70 mill gets you in nebraska lol half the state?

Well I dont like heights...and that apartment looks quite high

So I woudlnt even live there for free

TAKE THAT FRANK :)

You can't buy normal apartments in America??
where im from the word apartment is associated with rental/renting, condo is associated with buying/owning ((an apartment)) but saying you bought an apartment wouldnt really make sense even tho they are in essence the same thing, its just a little word play

to the topic.....sic place even if it is in the middle of one of craziest places in Canada/US

Too bad NYC is such a crowded, smelly, loud, traffic congested craphole.
then why do people from these others amazing non crowded, non smelly, quiet, with no traffic cities keep moving here and driving up the cost of everyone else living here?

where im from the word apartment is associated with rental/renting, condo is associated with buying/owning ((an apartment)) but saying you bought an apartment wouldnt really make sense even tho they are in essence the same thing, its just a little word play
isn't a condo just an apartment under a certain ownership structure? just as a coop is an apartment under a slightly different ownership structure?

like whether you buy a car or lease a car its still a car right?

then why do people from these others amazing non crowded, non smelly, quiet, with no traffic cities keep moving here and driving up the cost of everyone else living here?
I've always assumed it was to be closer to most high-paying jobs in the country.

I guess I'm not a city guy. Why would you want to share a building with other people? My main fear, when I think about living in those high-rise apartments, is a fire breaking, trapping you upstairs.

That said...2/10....would not domicile.

It is most likely officially a condo
But Rovell called it an apt
The building, designed by Robert A.M. Stern and developed by a Zeckendorf-led team, will have 34 residences: 23 simplex condos, six simplex penthouses, four penthouses duplexes (one is Fertitta’s) and one triplex crowning them all.

Back