Mayweather vs McGregor undercard

I knew Conor's power wasn't what people thought it was. I watched some of his fights and just didn't see that he was a monstrous power puncher. Floyd tested in the first couple of rounds, and then just walker Conor down and smacked him around. As a Floyd fan, I agree, it was pretty interesting.

He fought like he had no respect.

He landed a few super clean body shots and a couple nasty uppercuts but he just isn't a powerful boxer.
I didn't really see any headshots with force land clean, I thought Mayweather rolled or at least half-caught everything going upstairs imo. McGregor landed some clean shots to the body but they weren't delivered with force, just placement type punches.
Showtime had the fight way closer than the judges did and gave Connor credit for having a nice long smart jab but they all applauded the stoppage of course.
Thanks! I'll be interested to see what Malignaggi says now after the fight.

Sounds like McGregor still hasn't fixed his stamina issues, no moral victories for running out of gas, that's part of the game in MMA and boxing it doesn't mitigate a loss...if he goes back to the UFC guys should spend 3 rounds playing defense and come on strong the last 2 rounds.

Sounds like McGregor still hasn't fixed his stamina issues, no moral victories for running out of gas, that's part of the game in MMA and boxing it doesn't mitigate a loss...if he goes back to the UFC guys should spend 3 rounds playing defense and come on strong the last 2 rounds.
You'll always have gassing issues when your cutting over 15 pounds the day before the fight

He looked terrible at the weigh ins

He's a sprinter, doesn't know when to work and when to rest.

All right, that's a awkward way to put it.

The fact of the matter is that I've been watching Floyd for 2 decades, and he put pretty much always the best performance of the night, boxingwise.

Tonight I saw a flat-footed - and sloppy at times - 40 years old struggling to stalk and finish a newbie he would have blown out of the water with ease a few years ago, no matter how tough said newbie was. After I saw Badou Jack put on a masterful performance to dispatch Cleverly. Jack was the best boxer of the night, by far.

It feels weird to see Floyd box like a human being, after all. Even if I've never loved the guy, no matter how much I admired him as a boxing fan. This time I wanted Floyd to be his usual self, after watching so many fights in which I wished he would have been a little worse.

That's fucking frustrating. I should know better, of course, as I'm 42 and I can hurt myself lying wrong on a couch : what he pulled was still a great performance, when you take context into account. I guess I'll just never fully appreciate what he brings to the table. Lol. Props to him, anyway. He got the job done. It's just time to hang them up.

Floyd walked down a much bigger man the ENTIRE fight. He didnt take one step back, maybe one to the side a bit, but he destroyed him

I didn't really see any headshots with force land clean, I thought Mayweather rolled or at least half-caught everything going upstairs imo. McGregor landed some clean shots to the body but they weren't delivered with force, just placement type punches.
Thanks! I'll be interested to see what Malignaggi says now after the fight.

A few times it almost seemed like Floyd let himself get hit and ate those shots like nothing. McGregor's power obviously didn't faze him. McGregor's lack of experience really showed with the bodyshots he threw. Didn't know how to get leverage on them at all.

All right, that's a awkward way to put it.

The fact of the matter is that I've been watching Floyd for 2 decades, and he put pretty much always the best performance of the night, boxingwise.

Tonight I saw a flat-footed - and sloppy at times - 40 years old struggling to stalk and finish a newbie he would have blown out of the water with ease a few years ago, no matter how tough said newbie was. After I saw Badou Jack put on a masterful performance to dispatch Cleverly. Jack was the best boxer of the night, by far.

It feels weird to see Floyd box like a human being, after all. Even if I've never loved the guy, no matter how much I admired him as a boxing fan. This time I wanted Floyd to be his usual self, after watching so many fights in which I wished he would have been a little worse.

That's fucking frustrating. I should know better, of course, as I'm 42 and I can hurt myself lying wrong on a couch : what he pulled was still a great performance, when you take context into account. I guess I'll just never fully appreciate what he brings. Lol. Props to him, anyway. He got the job done. It's just time to hang them up.
I've never liked Mayweather as a person and I rooted against him, or didn't pick a personal favourite, in most of his fights up until now. But I've always greatly admired his professionalism and ability and I've always enjoyed his fights. For me I thought it was a really good performance in its own way. I mean, he's obviously worse than he used to be and old and he'd struggle with the current champions etc, and he could have made much easier work of McGregor. But he took risks that he didn't have to take (even if he wasn't ever in real danger, he still never voluntarily put himself in a bad positions in the fight to my eyes) and was clearly enjoying himself in there too. That was cool to see.

I'm serious I don't watch it often. Seems like the way football has gone. Soft
Stoppages like that aren't and never have been rare. The guy was trapped on the ropes eating clean shots. The ref has to stop it.

He fought like he had no respect.
He probably didn't. Floyd sr was telling him in the corner to keep working him and he be done after the 4th and he was basically. It really was their gameplan. I do believe Conors jab shocked Floyd a bit.

I've never liked Mayweather as a person and I rooted against him, or didn't pick a personal favourite, in most of his fights up until now. But I've always greatly admired his professionalism and ability and I've always enjoyed his fights. For me I thought it was a really good performance in its own way. I mean, he's obviously worse than he used to be and old and he'd struggle with the current champions etc, and he could have made much easier work of McGregor. But he took risks that he didn't have to take (even if he wasn't ever in real danger, he still never voluntarily put himself in a bad positions in the fight to my eyes) and was clearly enjoying himself in there too. That was cool to see.

I guess we do agree on all but your last sentence, which is subjective.

Back