Mayweather vs McGregor undercard

Floyd dropped a million on himself to win in the 10th

He let the fight go that long

I felt he understood that Conor lacked the speed and ring generalship totally make him pay so he was on Attack Mode really fascinated by this.
I knew Conor's power wasn't what people thought it was. I watched some of his fights and just didn't see that he was a monstrous power puncher. Floyd tested in the first couple of rounds, and then just walker Conor down and smacked him around. As a Floyd fan, I agree, it was pretty interesting.

Edit: After watching HD instead of a crappy stream at 5am, I no longer agree with what I wrote here.

Last edited:
I knew Conor's power wasn't what people thought it was. I watched some of his fights and just didn't see that he was a monstrous power puncher. Floyd tested in the first couple of rounds, and then just walker Conor down and smacked him around. As a Floyd fan, I agree, it was pretty interesting.

Definitely, I think Canelo , Shane and Pac all have more pop and variety. I think McGergors size was what kept Floyd from attacking then when he tested shots and could see them coming too it was attack mode.

What, I thought this was a fun fight, especially based on my expectations. Floyd fought like a wrecking machine, when do you get to see that?
It was nice to see Floyd coming forward so much. I'm kind of sad that he is retiring again.

Definitely, I think Canelo , Shane and Pac all have more pop and variety. I think McGergors size was what kept Floyd from attacking then when he tested shots and could see them coming too it was attack mode.
To McGregors credit, he did sneak some pretty good shots in here and there.

I really enjoyed the fight, that was pretty fun. Nice work by both guys.

Overrated left hand due to Aldo knock out. Can't even take out Pauline even when that left hand landed flush...

Mayweather's footwork isn't what it used to be for sure. He lost a step. After hearing the sparring rumors, I think Spence would beat Floyd in a fight. Conor could fight someone his own size and fight Spence but that would be like watching a slaughter.

Overrated left hand due to Aldo knock out. Can't even take out Pauline even when that left hand landed flush...

A monstrous puncher in MMA is at best a mediocre one in boxing lol. I bet Algeiri has more power than him.

It was nice to see Floyd coming forward so much. I'm kind of sad that he is retiring again.
I hope he does though. I'd hate to see him taint his legacy over money like so many others have before.

haha

is this site crashing?

To McGregors credit, he did sneak some pretty good shots in here and there.
I don't think he ever truly landed clean but he came real close and whiffed with some sneaky power shots during those first few rounds. Mayweather's obviously lost a step or two which was apparent to a lesser degree even in the Berto fight, but, he's still elite, so McGregor even coming close is impressive. He definitely doesn't have big power by boxing standards however. He could catch plenty of guys out but he's not a one punch guy.

I think Mayweather has too much pride to ever come back again and risk it. 50-0 is just too perfect and he's insanely rich with business sense to go with it.

What did the Showtime or Sky Sports or whoever etc boxing analysts say about the fight and McGregor's performance? I watched a Dutch broadcast.

I don't think he ever truly landed clean but he came real close and whiffed with some sneaky power shots during those first few rounds. Mayweather's obviously lost a step or two which was apparent to a lesser degree even in the Berto fight, but, he's still elite, so McGregor even coming close is impressive. He definitely doesn't have big power by boxing standards however. He could catch plenty of guys out but he's not a one punch guy.

I think Mayweather has too much pride to ever come back again and risk it. 50-0 is just too perfect and he's insanely rich with business sense to go with it.

He landed a few super clean body shots and a couple nasty uppercuts but he just isn't a powerful boxer.

What did the Showtime or Sky Sports or whoever etc boxing analysts say about the fight and McGregor's performance? I watched a Dutch broadcast.

Showtime had the fight way closer than the judges did and gave Connor credit for having a nice long smart jab but they all applauded the stoppage of course.

I hope he does though. I'd hate to see him taint his legacy over money like so many others have before.
I'm with you on that. I'd love to see him keep fighting and winning. But sooner or later some young killer will beat him and make him look average or even worse make him look bad. Happy to see him go out undefeated, just wish he wouldn't get age and could keep on fighting. Haha.

Back