NBA urges players to voice themselves on social issues.

Are we likely to see the NBA promoting social justice this season?

• Total voters
Hahaha, right on. So we should only post threads and have discussion YOU deem appropriate? This is a message board for political discussion. Maybe you should grasp that fact before you continue to visit the War Room.

BTW I am a centrist. You can dress up your shitty, smug, condescending attitude all you want, you're a garbage poster. If you want to create an echo change I'm sure there's plenty of people that will oblige.

I'm just saying, it chops your argument off at the knees when you supposedly are fond of changing the channel, but only after you articulate every single reason why you're butthurt. Cry about it more.

And you'll have to excuse me if I don't give a single flying fuck about what a 2017 poster thinks about me. You were stupid enough to sign up on an MMA forum AFTER the sport started sucking nuts. Your judgment has about as much worth as the turd I dropped in the can this morning, and honestly, the turd brought better arguments to the table.

<36>

Entertainers of all colors and genders are taking heavy criticism for trying to cash in on the current social justice fad. People like Meryl Streep, Lena Dunham, JK Rowling and Joss Whedon have faced a heavy backlash for kowtowing to the social justice morons. I am not seeing where only black athletes are facing criticism for being idiots.

If only you had read the post Kong quoted, then you would have had a response that actually made sense.

Then again, you thought 7/11 was a part time job, you're Full Retard Hall of Fame by proxy, isn't that right @Space?

If only you had read the post Kong quoted, then you would have had a response that actually made sense.

Then again, you thought 7/11 was a part time job, you're Full Retard Hall of Fame by proxy, isn't that right @Space?

My response still makes sense. You are arguing that outspoken black athletes are not appreciated and I am saying entertainers of all colours and genders are not appreciated. People don't watch football or movies to listen to an obnoxious millionaire moralize to them.

7/11 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just saying, it chops your argument off at the knees when you supposedly are fond of changing the channel, but only after you articulate every single reason why you're butthurt. Cry about it more.

And you'll have to excuse me if I don't give a single flying fuck about what a 2017 poster thinks about me. You were stupid enough to sign up on an MMA forum AFTER the sport started sucking nuts. Your judgment has about as much worth as the turd I dropped in the can this morning, and honestly, the turd brought better arguments to the table.
That's cute, I can tell you're a person with no self-awareness but I assure you, people reading this thread can already tell who the crybaby is and it's not me.

And nice quip. You're arguement for political commentary in sports seems to be muh racism, muh safespace, muh childish insults. You say you don't care about what I think, yet here you are replying to my post. Hmmm...

My response still makes sense. You are arguing that outspoken black athletes are not appreciated and I am saying entertainers of all colours and genders are not appreciated. People don't watch football or movies to listen to an obnoxious millionaire moralize to them.

I look forward to reading your criticisms of Chris Long for protesting the flag or Tom Brady for endorsing Trump, since outspoken entertainers of all colors and genders aren't welcome.

I'll just take a quick dip through that post history, i'm sure you've hit on that topic before.

That's cute, I can tell you're a person with no self-awareness but I assure you, people reading this thread can already tell who the crybaby is and it's not me.

And nice quip. You're arguement for political commentary in sports seems to be muh racism, muh safespace, muh childish insults. You say you don't care about what I think, yet here you are replying to my post. Hmmm...

I enjoy telling you how stupid you are, that's nothing to me. I'll cop to that anyday, i'm that asshole who slaps around the special kids. Just wear your helmet and you'll be aite.

I look forward to reading your criticisms of Chris Long for protesting the flag or Tom Brady for endorsing Trump, since outspoken entertainers of all colors and genders aren't welcome.

I'll just take a quick dip through that post history, i'm sure you've hit on that topic before.

I know very little about the NFL. I watch Hockey and MMA. I have never heard of Chris Long and I had no idea Tom Brady endorsed Trump. There must have been a lot of triggered people when Brady revealed his support for Trump.

When they "took a stand" on North Carolina bathrooms I was ready to peace out on the league.

Isn't it amazing that protest makes you "not a hero" in some of these people's eyes? They like players when they're doing mad shit and destroying their bodies for these mooks' entertainment, but have an opinion that isn't "Yessa, I catch the balls boss" and all of a sudden they're public enemy number one.

Public enemy number one!? Haha, they're just dumb spoiled professional black athletes.

What do you all think of Jesse Lee Peterson and Colin Flaherty?

These guys are busy warning white people that much of Black America holds a tremendous amount of hostility towards them.

Most newspapers and TV news shows mention teens or call riots flash mobs.
There are a lot of white victims of black violence. A lot of Asian victims. A lot of elderly victims. A lot of women are raped and murdered.

We know that this kind of violent crime is wildly out of proportion when compared with white on black.

Is there any real disagreement that this is happening?

It isn't important to discuss why it happens or deflect the observation toward critical race theory.

The important thing is establishing that this is happening.

They say white people do it too.
Well, where are the videos?

They say it's a behavior inspired by white racism.
Sounds like BS.

Lastly they say that white people deserve it.

Taleeb Starkes has also done a lot of work on tearing down the myth of black victimization.

taleebstarkes_1408708999_07.jpg

None of the calls for social justice for blacks mean a thing until we can stop the thuggin.

I wish some of these athletes would watch a few of these guys' videos.

7-11 are the hours your old lady is polishing my knob, that I do know.

You know, when I look at all of these pro-atheletes with IQs < 90, most of which barely passed college with throwaway degrees, even with the institution basically forcing professors to pass them...I always think to myself I would be very interested to hear this man's political insights.

Average IQ of an NBA player is 115. On average, they are all much smarter than the general public. A lot though are not well educated. I would imagine a good chunk gave up on high school after seeing how close they were to becoming a pro player.

When they "took a stand" on North Carolina bathrooms I was ready to peace out on the league.
Which was funny because we all know how they really feel when it comes to gays and trannies.

Well my position is as long as you acknowledge that in exercising freedom of speech there may be a financial or political price to be paid, knock yourself out. Apparently the owners have weighed it and given the green light. Won't affect my viewing habits either way

I don't watch the NBA anyway, but this kind of bullshit is going to drive others away. If they really want to be less profitable then this is a good plan.

Which was funny because we all know how they really feel when it comes to gays and trannies.
Lol. I don't know why I didn't even think of that. The players thoughts that is. The NBA is the sport of choice for virtue signaling white liberals trying to be down.

NFL viewership is down. Lmao. From what? It's down in the sense that zillions of people watch it
The NFL is still the biggest ratings powerhouse on television.
However, the drop in ratings has been precipitous. For example, this season's opening week has seen a 12% across the board drop from last year, which was already lower by between 20 and 25% than 2015 for national prime time games.

In most polls, the anthem protests by Kaepernick and others were the single largest reason cited by fans for their decline in interest. For example, this poll by JD Powers: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-protests-no-1-reason-viewers-tuned-nfl-games

Back