GGG vs. Canelo, Who Won?

Who won the fight?

• Gennady Golovkin

• Canelo Alvarez

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Finally watched it in HD. I had it 116-114 GGG.

1-c

2-d

3-d

4-g

5-c

6-c

7-g

8-g

9-g

10-c

11-g

12-g

I had it for GGG, I wasn't really keeping scores while watching it, but I definitely thought he was winning the fight. He was landing a lot more and pushing the fight too. My dad watched it with me and he said he had it 7-5 for GGG.

The judge who gave that disgusting score is one of Cecil Peoples best friends haha, who can forget ole Cecil. The worst judge ever in UFC history, he always gave wacky scores. I see pics of her and Cecil together before. Frauds the pair of them

ufc_toy_cecil.jpg

What did sinister say? There are a number of threads, and has been hard to follow it all. I don't see him post ever, but he knows what's up.

As Tam said, a draw is kind of questionable, but I would have been OK with it. As he said, the one score card killed the buzz of a major fight.

I had it 8-4, but said there were some questionable rounds. If you gave Canelo every benefit of the doubt, you get a draw. So that is enough of a stretch, but that one score card just ruins everything.

Just here on sherdog, it is pretty much 6 to 1 for GGG. Every single pro fighter that has commented, has said GGG won.

Just frustrating.
The consensus was canelo won the first 3 clearly. I thought he won the last 3. Thats 6 right there

I think they are called casuals.

No the majority of media experts and fighters scored it for GGG, according to a previous thread. But I guess TEXASMOJO is a more serious boxing scholar than those casuals.

Ok...lets get this straight. Just because Max Kellerman says a guy shaking his head "nope" means he was hurt doesnt make it true. A guy can also be sending a message that, "nope that really didnt hurt me eventhough you got me clean."

The consensus was canelo won the first 3 clearly. I thought he won the last 3. Thats 6 right there

Well, GGG WON the 10th, so that's 5 now. Plus show me a the consensus of Canelo getting the first 3. A lot gave the first to GET, so that's down to 4. And rounds 2 and 3 are also close, tho I gave then to Canelooo

Ok...lets get this straight. Just because Max Kellerman says a guy shaking his head "nope" means he was hurt doesnt make it true. A guy can also be sending a message that, "nope that really didnt hurt me eventhough you got me clean."
Max Kellerman has never boxed for real a day in his whole entire life, so he can stfu

I just scored the fight throughly for the second time. Going by the official scoring criteria. I had it clearly 115-113 to GGG. Rounds 1,6,7,8,9,10,11 for GGG, all of them moderate and clear. I had Canelo winning round 3 close, 2,4,5,12 moderate and clear.

The only razor close round IMO was the 3rd, which I scored for Canelo, while still having GGG winning the fight, which is interesting if you think about one judge scoring a draw and another scoring the fight overwhelmingly for Canelo.

Also, the interesting thing regarding the official scorecards is the switching and changing of the criteria. There are some rounds where Canelo is landing the bigger shots, but they are few and far between. IF you were to score those round for one or the other, it would be consistent either way. However, two of the judges gave some of those rounds to Canelo, and some to GGG, this doesn't make sense at all.

Last edited:
It may not mean he got wobbled but he took a clean enough shot to warrant an acknowledgement.

Max Kellerman has never boxed for real a day in his whole entire life, so he can stfu
Max is a real fan of the sport since he was a kid. He might be more historian than fighter but he's still an expert.

Did you ever watch Diego Sanchez v Ross Pearson?
Yes, i saw that. But when you think about the complexity of scoring an MMA vs Boxing, i really think judging on a whole is better (sans Cecil Peoples)

Yes, i saw that. But when you think about the complexity of scoring an MMA vs Boxing, i really think judging on a whole is better (sans Cecil Peoples)
It depends on who's fighting. I know that's stating the obvious but jiu jitsu guys analysis of striking is generally hilarious and I've never heard a boxing analyst at a live event say "he's getting fucked up" as part of color commentary. They also call it boxing when realistically it's striking. Climb into the octagon in a boxing stance and you might as well have spent your entire camp practising how to tap out. Box using an mma stance and you might as well have practised by having someone smash you in the face with a medicine ball.

Thinking about it what criteria do you have to meet to get appointed to an mma fight as a judge?

Today I met a Mexican and asked him why Canelo looks Irish. He said the part of Mexico he is from had a lot of French immigrants.

Back