Gegard Mousasi says ‘life is easier’ in Bellator after being ‘small fish’ in UFC; criticizes the UFC

Every UFC MW has the right, if not the obligation, to speak out about how the UFC have handled that title over the last 1.5 years. Its a complete joke and destroyed the intrigue of probably the most stacked division in the UFC maybe ever.

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/10/15...ier-in-bellator-after-being-small-fish-in-ufc

“I was a small fish in the UFC. I’m a big fish in Bellator. That’s why I want to do my part to grow with Bellator. There’s a connection that I don’t have with UFC. It’s a company, like a factory. With Bellator, it’s more that I’m part of the family, and I’m doing the best I can to grow with the family.”

Gegard Mousasi not happy about Yoel Romero vs Robert Whittaker interim title fight[/paste:font]
The disconnection between Mousasi and UFC shouldn’t come as a surprise. Just hours after announcing his contract signing with Bellator earlier this year, the former Strikeforce champion took direct aim at UFC and blasted its partnership with Reebok. It wasn’t the first time Mousasi publicly challenged UFC and probably won’t be the last.

“I was treated well in the UFC because I got the opportunity to get where I am now,” Mousasi said. “But, if I was to criticize them, I think the fairness of payment or the fairness of getting a title shot, it’s too much about the name of the fighter and who they feel they can build as a star as opposed to who is the best fighter. There are issues. Before the belt I’d have to fight probably Luke Rockhold, I would have fought Yoel Romero because (Robert) Whittaker is next. It would have made my road so difficult to get to the top. Some get an easy road.

“They give the fighters they like matchups suited for them so they can keep winning. They’ll probably do (Conor) McGregor vs. Nate Diaz 3. Why? Because McGregor has a good shot of winning. They’re not going to make a fight with Khabib (Nurmagomedov) or Tony (Ferguson) because it’s bad for the promotion. Those things, you feel as a fighter. I’m not making things up. It’s frustrating. I had to take the hard road. That’s what I feel.”

I agree with Moose. The UFC has screwed over the entire MW division by letting Bisping duck top contenders so that he can defend against 46 year old washed up Hendo and a retired WW.

Thoughts?

Like, I've been posting before these articles. The whole middleweight division fiasco would've , realistically, had Gegard to beat Rockhold and Romero and then probably PROBABLY would of gotten his shot.Thats fucking insane when you really sit and drink that in. Under the zuffa banner, he'd be 14-3 (If he beat Luke and Yoel) and he'd be thinking he's "next in line" to fight whoever had the belt and under the current timeline with the way the current coward (I mean champion) is selecting his fights and when their fought-----Who knows when he'd actually be stepping inside octagon to fight for title.

Plus (lol)- it's fair to say, this cat has already earned his shot with his current 5 fight win streak and he's 42-6-2 in his 50 fight storied career .He just turned 32 and is in his fighting prime.You look at him and metaphorically "kick the tires" you'd think that's he certainly not a predominantly stand up fighter with 50 fucking fights under his belt.

WAR
"THE MOUSASI COMPOUND "
(a reference to a recent KB- interview)

Every UFC MW has the right, if not the obligation, to speak out about how the UFC have handled that title over the last 1.5 years. Its a complete joke and destroyed the intrigue of probably the most stacked division in the UFC maybe ever.

A lot of guys are going to keep the shitshow the UFC allowed Bisping to put on when their contracts are up. I don't blame them.

They should've payed Mousasi and Rory a lot more. These are the kind of fighters that make a organisation so legitimate. At the same time I'm glad to see them at Bellator getting treated well and being allowed their own sponsorships and also showing more that the ufc isn't the only organisation with the most elite fighters.

My cable provider is dropping Spike and lots of other Viacom channels. I'm JUST hearing about it, 7 hours beforehand. I'll be missing Mousasi-Shelmenko:rustled:<codychoke>

My cable provider is dropping Spike and lots of other Viacom channels. I'm JUST hearing about it, 7 hours beforehand. I'll be missing Mousasi-Shelmenko:rustled:<codychoke>
Why are so many cable providers dropping Viacom channels?

I'd love to know how much UFC offered Moose and what he thought he should be getting paid.

I'd love to know how much UFC offered Moose and what he thought he should be getting paid.

It wasn't just about the actual win/show money. Mousasi's issues are with the lack of sponsorship money, the restrictions on what he can and cannot do, and how the UFC has turned into the WWE... all of which are valid points in my opinion. Even if he makes less money in Bellator, at least he'll have more control over his professional life and the circumstances surrounding it.

Why are so many cable providers dropping Viacom channels?
Not sure. Viacom is saying they are trying to lower our cable bill, but our provider wants to drop them anyway. Smells fishy if you ask me. Who knows what politics and/or financial bullshit is going on behind the scenes<{hughesimpress}>Fuckers.

Listened to an interview with Demetrious and he said Gegard is one of the top 5 all time.

Never really thought about Moose like that, but you look at his overall resume and it's pretty dam impressive.

Last edited:
<DontBelieve1>

he sold himself short imo.

He was a big fish to me. If he won the belt in the UFC, he'd get more then if he won the belt in Bellator.
But then again the competition is way tougher in the UFC.

Fun part is Moose and Rory would be instant favourites against their current UFC champs.

Back