Gegard Mousasi says ‘life is easier’ in Bellator after being ‘small fish’ in UFC; criticizes the UFC

Moussasi had a classic spot on UFC Tonight a few months before he left. The interviewers were trying to make into a company man, but he was having none of it. Really awkward for everyone on the show and great TV overall.

You were ko'd by Uriah hall and that is why you are a small fish to the UFC.

Almost everybody gets beat, nature of the hurt business. By rights Uriah should be kicking fools heads in but his head hasn't been right since he seriously hurt that guy on TUF. He's never been the same, almost as if he's afraid to hurt people. Dude is supremely talented he just can't get the mental part right. I don't discount Uriah as a bad loss. quite the contrary

Fuck speaking on another man when it has nothing to do with u is so damn weird . Can't support the moose on this . Can't support this wack ass behavior. I know it's cool to bash conor but fuck . Cuck like behavior I'm tired of it. no one asked about conor . Like when u work at a place and some chick likes u and the dude who likes her decides to bash u to impress her. Fuvk move on stop all that bitching !!!

Fuck speaking on another man when it has nothing to do with u is so damn weird . Can't support the moose on this . Can't support this wack ass behavior. I know it's cool to bash conor but fuck . Cuck like behavior I'm tired of it. no one asked about conor . Like when u work at a place and some chick likes u and the dude who likes her decides to bash u to impress her. Fuvk move on stop all that bitching !!!
You mad bro?

Moussasi had a classic spot on UFC Tonight a few months before he left. The interviewers were trying to make into a company man, but he was having none of it. Really awkward for everyone on the show and great TV overall.

LOL

Yes- some classic sound bites that night....
Moose (With a little broken english): Mike, your tough guy inside the cage- outside, not so much (as he laughs)- " you picky the cherry"....
Bisping:(getting a bit angry)- you know what, technically you're not even re-signed so you 're not even with UFC right now....buddeh.

Moose (laughing): true.....thats good for you (for your sake).

The funny thing is that Gegard was actually delivering interview wise.
Watch his post UFC 204 and 210 pressers......not because I'm a Mousasi supporter, either. Actual good stuff .

Yes- some classic sound bites that night....
Moose (With a little broken english): Mike, your tough guy inside the cage- outside, not so much (as he laughs)- " you picky the cherry"....
Bisping:(getting a bit angry)- you know what, technically you're not even re-signed so you 're not even with UFC right now....buddeh.

Moose (laughing): true.....thats good for you (for your sake).

The funny thing is that Gegard was actually delivering interview wise.
Watch his post UFC 204 and 210 pressers......not because I'm a Mousasi supporter, either. Actual good stuff .

Honestly, looking back I can see clearly that they put Moussasi on the show to see whether he would directly challenge Bisping, and he didn't go hard enough. Bisping even admitted right afterwards in an interview with TMZ that the UFC had pretty much given him free reign to fight whoever he wants, and that Moussasi failed to step up in person to challenge him.

I don't like those kind of games one bit, I mean this is supposed to be a sport for f*ck's sake, but the reality is that Moussasi could have actually fought for the title after beating Weidman if he only played his cards correctly on UFC tonight.

Pathetic, but true.

I thought the UFC should have let Jacare go, and kept Mousasi (not the other way around). Good signing by Bellator. Looking forward to Bellator signing some more big names, and giving the UFC some real competition.
Huh?
The UFC shouldn't have let Moose go neither Jacare. But if I had to choose, Moose is the one to go. I don't get how you come to the conclusion of Moose over Jacare.

Bro, in no era did a fighter have to fight every contender before they got a title shot.

There’s a reason for that.

If you fought every contender on the way to the top you’d have cleaned out the division before you were even champion.

This has nothing to do with McGregor. It’s just common sense.
No but fighters worked their way up through the rankings to the number one contenders spot and fought for the title. Not beating someone outside of the top 5 or getting a gifted title shot at a division they have never competed in under the UFC.

Bro, in no era did a fighter have to fight every contender before they got a title shot.

If you fought every contender on the way to the top you’d have cleaned out the division before you were even champion.

I get that. But I'm looking at it more from the perspective that wanting to fight everyone is exactly the kind of unbreakable mental toughness a true champion should possess.

Goodluck with that 40/40k pay and Condom Depot sponsorship money.
To be fair, money wise it seems Mousasi is p4p the smartest guy in all MMA.

Part of me is sad he left the UFC because he was going to be champion there. On the other hand it really helps Bellator to be a legit competition and his fight with Shelemenko is going to be a fun one.

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/10/15...ier-in-bellator-after-being-small-fish-in-ufc

“I was a small fish in the UFC. I’m a big fish in Bellator. That’s why I want to do my part to grow with Bellator. There’s a connection that I don’t have with UFC. It’s a company, like a factory. With Bellator, it’s more that I’m part of the family, and I’m doing the best I can to grow with the family.”

Gegard Mousasi not happy about Yoel Romero vs Robert Whittaker interim title fight[/paste:font]
The disconnection between Mousasi and UFC shouldn’t come as a surprise. Just hours after announcing his contract signing with Bellator earlier this year, the former Strikeforce champion took direct aim at UFC and blasted its partnership with Reebok. It wasn’t the first time Mousasi publicly challenged UFC and probably won’t be the last.

“I was treated well in the UFC because I got the opportunity to get where I am now,” Mousasi said. “But, if I was to criticize them, I think the fairness of payment or the fairness of getting a title shot, it’s too much about the name of the fighter and who they feel they can build as a star as opposed to who is the best fighter. There are issues. Before the belt I’d have to fight probably Luke Rockhold, I would have fought Yoel Romero because (Robert) Whittaker is next. It would have made my road so difficult to get to the top. Some get an easy road.

“They give the fighters they like matchups suited for them so they can keep winning. They’ll probably do (Conor) McGregor vs. Nate Diaz 3. Why? Because McGregor has a good shot of winning. They’re not going to make a fight with Khabib (Nurmagomedov) or Tony (Ferguson) because it’s bad for the promotion. Those things, you feel as a fighter. I’m not making things up. It’s frustrating. I had to take the hard road. That’s what I feel.”

I agree with Moose. The UFC has screwed over the entire MW division by letting Bisping duck top contenders so that he can defend against 46 year old washed up Hendo and a retired WW.

Thoughts?

While I agree with him, he gotta accept that his losses to Machida, Jacare and then Hall also did not help him get a title shot.

WHile everything he said is true, if he was to beat those guys, he would not have to pass through Yoel or Luke right now... he would have been the top contender..

And BTW, while he cries about that, isn't it exactly what WHittaker did?
he beat Hall, Natal, Brunson then Jacare AND Yoel.
So while Mou was crying his "lack of opportunity", Whittaker was paving his road by beating the guys Mousasi was afraid of facing....

I like Mou, and I do agree that UFC definitely plays favorites... but Mou sounds like he doesn't want to get there on his own power... he wants to be pampered and gifted a title shot he didn't deserve...

It's a business. Until we as fans stop paying for the product they won't change.

I intend on buying the next Bellator pay-per-view, especially if they stack it with actual talent instead of has-beens (big fan of Wanderlei but a fact is a fact, he's not the fighter he was).

While this may be true, no title shots should be awarded to ANY fighter who did not defeat someone in the top 3 first.
No one!
Because those guys that got to be top 3, they got by beating guys above them until they became the top of the WC.

Every UFC MW has the right, if not the obligation, to speak out about how the UFC have handled that title over the last 1.5 years. Its a complete joke and destroyed the intrigue of probably the most stacked division in the UFC maybe ever.
The intrigue was destroyed when Bisping ktfo'd it's most dominant MW, retard.

So he is basically saying he didn't wanna face Rockhold or Romero to earn his title-shot - so he went to Bellator?

That's what I'm getting from this.

Rampage was saying something similar when he went to Bellator until he realized that sponsors do not pay as much as he thought.

He's basically saying getting a title shot isn't based on merit but on who they figure they can promote better. Rockhold has been saying the same thing for a while as have lots of the fans. We all know it's true. GSP doesn't deserve to fight for the MW title since he's never fought in the weight class before but he's a "name" they can promote.

This isn't just at MW and it's always been a problem with the UFC. It's the same reason Couture and Faber kept getting title shots.

Honestly, looking back I can see clearly that they put Moussasi on the show to see whether he would directly challenge Bisping, and he didn't go hard enough. Bisping even admitted right afterwards in an interview with TMZ that the UFC had pretty much given him free reign to fight whoever he wants, and that Moussasi failed to step up in person to challenge him.

I don't like those kind of games one bit, I mean this is supposed to be a sport for f*ck's sake, but the reality is that Moussasi could have actually fought for the title after beating Weidman if he only played his cards correctly on UFC tonight.

Pathetic, but true.

In a BIG defense, Gegard had already challenged him and I QUOTE, BISPING: I'm the champ and I call the shots - Bisping vs. Mousasi is bad for business plus If I recall Mike was "injured" or he was still hunting down the Gsp ship which he unfortunately got.
I get what youre saying- outside of physically putting his hands on him , he could of really verbally assaulted him to the point of being inappropriate but that's not the way Gegard is .

Remember- Anderson has stolen a few fights from Mousasi and the Bisping fight in London was a biggie.He fights Gegard (and I bring up the domino effect of the entire middleweight class when Luke dropped the ball) back in London, well- Mike isn't champ today.Who knows what scenario we d have on our hands.

Bisping was honest enough to blurt out on a couple of occasions.....and I QUOTE: " I was relieved not having to fight Gegard Mousasi "

Back