Will Conor employ the same strategy as the Nate 2 fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can argue he kicked wrong there. He put all of his power Into it. Over extending. He also was spamming leg kicks all of R1 and the first fight. Making it easily predictable. Over threw the kick and snapped his leg.
You might be right at making it predictable but that's it.There was nothing wrong with Silva's low kick.He broke it because he kicked it hard and Weidman checked it.Can even happen to a muay thai fighter or kickboxer.

Idk where this random idea comes from? Conor never threw any leg kicks before the Nate 2 fight. There is no basis for this statement. And when he did commit to them against Nate, he landed like 30
And nate was completely unfazed by the leg kicks while rda leg kicks killed nates movement...

Answer is invalid.

Bone impacting bone hurts.

A good kicker limps around after a fight sometimes too.
Then muay thai fighters or kickboxers should get injured after every fight.

Really?

So Anderson Silva sucks at MMA?

Terrible example. Anderson's leg snapped because Weidman checked it, Conor damaged his leg even though Diaz didn't check it.

I agree with the sentiment but that's a terrible example.

Tony has fought RDA and Barboza, both are very hard kickers and they didnt have success against Tony.

Ah, but Gaethje says he can break Tony's legs! He could probably do that on the same night that he KO's Connor and outwrestles Lee.

Terrible example. Anderson's leg snapped because Weidman checked it, Conor damaged his leg even though Diaz didn't check it.

I agree with the sentiment but that's a terrible example.
It was just the first example that came to mind of a fighter breaking a leg throwing a kick.

It was the first example of a fighter breaking a leg throwing a kick.

But his leg was broken because Weidman checked the kick, the kick was defended. That makes it different to Conor hurting his leg when Diaz didn't defend it....

Exactly. I created a thread to discuss a great fight like Conor vs Toney with no bias in the OP. And a loser like you happens in here with Google searched gifs to hate? Pathetic.

"Exactly" lol, weren't you just babbling about me spending time saving GIFs? You're not making sense.

And my GIFs happen to be accurate. If Conor is going to survive this fight his only chance outside of an early KO is to run away and try to kill clock and avoid Tony.... yes thats TONY, "not Toney", getting his hands on him and strangling him.

I think so. Conors key to success isn't what most people are saying here. Conor has way better striking. He will bust toneys face up just as bad as Nate's in both fights. It's definitely a big possibility that he can KO him inside 2. But I don't think he does. I think he uses his counters to catch toney throughout the fight, while employing leg kicks. He needs to stick and move. I also think if he drops him like he did Nate, he won't go for the finish because of toneys bottom game. It will be a UD for Conor imo.
You forgot the part where tony actually knows how to check and leg kick and has this thing called offensive wrestling

"Exactly" lol, weren't you just babbling about me spending time saving GIFs? You're not making sense.

And my GIFs happen to be accurate. If Conor is going to survive this fight his only chance outside of an early KO is to run away and try to kill clock and avoid Tony.... yes thats TONY, "not Toney", getting his hands on him and strangling him.
When I say exactly. Im basically saying exactly you continue to hate on an MMA world champion while sitting there eating your cool ranch Doritos

But his leg was broken because Weidman checked the kick, the kick was defended. That makes it different to Conor hurting his leg when Diaz didn't defend it....
I understand that.

I should've remembered every leg break ever in MMA and used a better example.

Sorry for not being The Rain Man.

Last edited:
He'll fight similar but will need to make a few adjustments.

Tony is tapping dat ass so it's all moot.

I think so. Conors key to success isn't what most people are saying here. Conor has way better striking. He will bust toneys face up just as bad as Nate's in both fights. It's definitely a big possibility that he can KO him inside 2. But I don't think he does. I think he uses his counters to catch toney throughout the fight, while employing leg kicks. He needs to stick and move. I also think if he drops him like he did Nate, he won't go for the finish because of toneys bottom game. It will be a UD for Conor imo.

I don't think tony has the same chin as nate....while tony has really good recovery...he still gets rocked in many of his fights...and conor makes quick work of guys who have never been ko'd before..but hurt in fights...dustin pourier...aldo...etc....with aldo, he has only been hurt by one guy, before conor...and that was by mendes...another big puncher...and conor goes out there and ko's him dead with like the 2nd punch he throws...

Answer is invalid.

Bone impacting bone hurts.

A good kicker limps around after a fight sometimes too.

Its not supposed to be bone impacting bone, it's supposed to be bone on thigh.

Bone on bone means you're kicking wrong.

It just shows you're I.Q
giphy.gif

Idk where this random idea comes from? Conor never threw any leg kicks before the Nate 2 fight. There is no basis for this statement. And when he did commit to them against Nate, he landed like 30
Conor said him self he maybe thrown 5 leg kicks in his career before the diaz fight any case Conors leg kicks are no good it only worked on diaz because diaz was surprised and diaz have shit defense against kicks anyways even then diaz was able to ckeck them in the later rounds and that hurt Conors foot. Tony fought 2 of the most devastating leg kickers in the game and they cant do shit to him i doubt conor can. if conor going to win is going to be pretty much all boxing.

Its not supposed to be bone impacting bone, it's supposed to be bone on thigh.

Bone on bone means you're kicking wrong.

I always wondered when a guy kicks another guy in the head with his shin...does that hurt? I'm talking the shin. you would think it does...but they never act like it hurts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back