Is Tony going to panic wrestle for the first two rounds? seems legit

Honestly as long as he doesn’t box conor he can kick the shit out of him and stay in kicking range and let conor gas himself if he tries to throw his fancy kicks. Tony can approach this fight in so many different ways it’s not even funny. Tony is literally better than conor at everything except boxing and power

I don't think Tony will get away with any fancy kicks against Conor.
Conor's control of distance is too dangerous.
Leg kicks are a much better choice.
But still every kick opens up an opportunity for the left hand.
Tony needs to throw just enough to get it to the ground somehow asap.

No way he lasts on the feet more than 2 minutes without getting knocked down and hurt.

so now guys with ground games are 'panic wrestling' from the 1st round on.

sounds suspiciously like 'just bleed' to me.

so now guys with ground games are 'panic wrestling' from the 1st round on.

sounds suspiciously like 'just bleed' to me.
Sounds like Conor fans making pre-excuses for why their boy lost.

Coincidently, their boy lost because he was a panic wrestler. (And has terrible cardio)

I don't think Tony will get away with any fancy kicks against Conor.
Conor's control of distance is too dangerous.
Leg kicks are a much better choice.
But still every kick opens up an opportunity for the left hand.
Tony needs to throw just enough to get it to the ground somehow asap.

No way he lasts on the feet more than 2 minutes without getting knocked down and hurt.
A leg is longer than an arm and tony has a longer reach than conor to begin with stop exaggerating, striking isn’t only about hands

tumblr_mjt8kwuWBH1qfrkf9o1_r3_500.gif

Expect a lot of rolling and spinning shits from Tony.
He has the cardio to spam that shit all night and guess who doesn’t ;)

Not sure you call it panic wrestling when you actually have a ground game.

This is MMA, not boxing or kickboxing, just because someone is wrestling doesn't mean they're 'panicked', the reason Conor gets shit for wrestling is because he gave his opponents shit for trying to wrestle and then himself got rocked and tried to wrestle a bjj black belt.

Sounds like Conor fans making pre-excuses for why their boy lost.

Coincidently, their boy lost because he was a panic wrestler. (And has terrible cardio)

we've had the same discussion with Aldo, Eddie, and Mendes.... these guys were supposed to get him down and submit him

Ferguson is awkward/unpredictable but hittable. On the flip side McGregor has several holes in his game. If McGregor doesn't get the early KO, he is done. I think Ferguson via submission in R2 or R3. Conor is usually the taller fighter with a reach advantage. Not this fight. Ferguson has too many ways to win and he has great cardio instead of shit cardio. Ferguson is way better than Nate Diaz.
I hear people say how much better Tony is than Nate, but I just don't see it. I think they match up pretty well and it would be a competitive fight. I'd actually favor Nate in that fight. His boxing is better than Tony and he won't be easy to submit. Cardio won't be an issue either. It would be a war.

I believe he will become a panic wrestler.

Tonys going to hope he gets tired and try to survive.

And if Aldo had taken him down and not run in like an idiot he would've won. Eddie also probably would have won if he didn't try to stand and trade with Conor. Mendes, even on very short notice had good success on the ground versus Conor.

So yes, the easiest way to beat Conor is to put him on his back. Which becomes infinitely easier second round on since Conor's gas tank is thimble sized.

why didn't aldo take holloway down? Mcgregor took him down with one leg in the third round

Bisping has a similar opinion on this style of fighting, "you're going try and avoid fighting, you're going try to take me down....when guys do that they are hiding from the fight.. you're going to try and hide......"

@ 3:25

Is Tony going to stand his ground and fight like a man?

"all he does is hold on for dear life like a little pussy..." LMAO bisping is the shit

We talk about Tony being the panic wrestler when we have never in fact seen him panic or quite in the octagon. Conor on the other hand, we have seen him fold like a cheap lawn chair when the going gets tough. Just telling it how it is.

We talk about Tony being the panic wrestler when we have never in fact seen him panic or quite in the octagon. Conor on the other hand, we have seen him fold like a cheap lawn chair when the going gets tough. Just telling it how it is.

so you think Tony will stand and bang the first two rounds?

Its pretty much unanimous from sherdoggers that this would be the best strategy against Mcgregor

Its pretty much unanimous from sherdoggers that no one in the UFC, 170 and below, can stand with mcgregor and not get their head knocked off.....

Mcgregor likes to gas after two rounds....everyone knows this... Tony can't stand with mcgregor..... everyone knows this....

According to Eddie Alvarez, Mcgregor is the easiest fight in the division... all you have to do is take him down?

Can Tony do this and will he follow through? everyone bitches about how Eddie beat pettis and didn't deserve a title shot... but I believe this is the only way Tony will win
everybody 170 or under? i wouldn't give him much of a chance at half the welters on the feet.

Back