Locked BLACK PANTHER Thread V.2 (First Critics' Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That I'm actually okay with, lets just chalk it up to super powers, but if a guy does a somersault off a car, he's not going to accelerate and land on a car ahead of him going even faster.

Same with the JLA trailer. Aquaman apparently needs to ride on the Batmobile because its faster, but they he jettisons off of it like a rocket to attack a Para-Demon a hundred feet ahead of them.

Its like Flash not always using super speed

I'm really not seeing why this looks any different than a typical Marvel movie. Looks just like Thor or Doctor Strange just with a black cast. Doesn't look anymore serious or dramatic to me. It looks like a good comic book movie but I'm not getting the hype.

Does Black Panther's tech-savvy sister take the helm of "Ironheart" after the dead/retirement of Iron Man in Avengers 4?

I'm really not seeing why this looks any different than a typical Marvel movie. Looks just like Thor or Doctor Strange just with a black cast. Doesn't look anymore serious or dramatic to me. It looks like a good comic book movie but I'm not getting the hype.
After Spiderman: Homecoming, I'm officially over the Marvel movies.

There were already several Black characters in the MCU. Hell, they've even changed White characters to Black (Nick Fury, Mordo, MJ, Shocker, etc).

Yes I pointed that out.

Not sure what your point is though. Are you suggesting there are enough?

how progressive!

now disney can ignore all claims that their marvel movies are "too white"

this movie will probably be like Thor...pretty bland...nothing new....whole point of this movie is like what DC did with wonderwoman with their "all female leads" or wtv crap that was...

this is just them trying to hit the african american demographic,

movie will prolly be completely forgettable
Why shouldn't they be progressive and provide material that changes and appeals to the changing audience?

Yours is a very strange complaint.

That I'm actually okay with, lets just chalk it up to super powers, but if a guy does a somersault off a car, he's not going to accelerate and land on a car ahead of him going even faster.

Same with the JLA trailer. Aquaman apparently needs to ride on the Batmobile because its faster, but they he jettisons off of it like a rocket to attack a Para-Demon a hundred feet ahead of them.
Well again the physics would not make it impossible to leap from a slower moving car to a faster moving one.

You would just need more explosive acceleration energy than both cars. Now you could argue the slower moving car would be pushed backwards denying you forward thrust but due to friction and a weight imbalance that does not need to be the case.

Imagine two pontoon boats with flat decks moving very slowly and you are on the slower one. You could run on the deck, pick up speed and jump to faster one before it pulled away if you had the speed and strength to leap.

I like how they use Vince Staples "Bagbak" in the trailer and edit out the "tell the 1% to suck a dick, cuz we on ya. Tell the President to suck a dick, cuz we on ya. Tell the government to suck a dick, cuz we on ya."

he was taking a break

Well again the physics would not make it impossible to leap from a slower moving car to a faster moving one.

You would just need more explosive acceleration energy than both cars. Now you could argue the slower moving car would be pushed backwards denying you forward thrust but due to friction and a weight imbalance that does not need to be the case.

Imagine two pontoon boats with flat decks moving very slowly and you are on the slower one. You could run on the deck, pick up speed and jump to faster one before it pulled away if you had the speed and strength to leap.
Then I'll cut Aquaman some slack. Batmobe doesn't budge doe.

I had the idea for a scene where BP is getting his ass kicked (after a long battle obvi) and tries to make his way back up to the cryochamber..waking the WS with his last ditch bit of energy.

WS comes out kicking all kinds of ass and together they fight back to the lab where BP pops on a new virbranium arm.
Lol, No. Whiter Soldier is not saving the day in this movie.

Yes I pointed that out.

Not sure what your point is though. Are you suggesting there are enough?
I'm suggesting there's plenty of Black representation. Let's see some goddamn Asian or Latino characters for fuck's sake.

Man! I hope that Klaw will be a threatening enough villain for the pure badassery that is the Black Panther!

I'm suggesting there's plenty of Black representation. Let's see some goddamn Asian or Latino characters for fuck's sake.
Asians def get the biggest shaft, but it's not like there are many black superheroes/villains. T'challa is a big deal, imo.

Now that I think about it, I wish Snipes was in this movie in some capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back