Locked BLACK PANTHER Thread V.2 (First Critics' Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm waiting for black panther to be white. Come on lets make it fair

it looks cool. I like the new world they created but will ultimately make or break this movie for me will be the fighting and action. If they can keep the spirit of what the russo bros created then this will be badass. Loved black panther in civil war. The actor that portrays him is excellent

I actually like how excited black Americans are for this movie.. It's cool. I do feel, however, that it shows the repression complex the news outlets and media have instilled in them. That's bad for everybody. But black folk talking about organizing huge bbqs in the theatre parking lots? As long as no babies get shot (sorry, happens a lot) pass me some.

Great trailer.... I'm a lot more stoked for this. Love the Lion on the attack look he haz. Oh yeah... it's a Panther.

iu

It's Kanya West, fam. REPRESEEENNNT
2020 Next Black PRESIDENNNNNNNNNT

Agreed, good trailer, looks fun and different from some other marvel movies.

But no go on that song, I kinda prefer more themes then songs.
Yea did not like it either, I didnt what was dialogue from the movie or from the song.

Love the whole feel of Wakanda. Looks authentic to the source material.

Loving the serious tone of the film.

It was indisputable before if you ask me but once again, BP confirms it. He has the best looking superhero suit/costume to ever be portrayed in live action. Looks absolutely badass and sleek.

I liked the synth beat (very cyberpunk which I love) but not the rap lyrics. I would've kept the synth beat mixed in with some epic tribal infused sounds.

how progressive!

now disney can ignore all claims that their marvel movies are "too white"

this movie will probably be like Thor...pretty bland...nothing new....whole point of this movie is like what DC did with wonderwoman with their "all female leads" or wtv crap that was...

this is just them trying to hit the african american demographic,

movie will prolly be completely forgettable

how progressive!

now disney can ignore all claims that their marvel movies are "too white"

this movie will probably be like Thor...pretty bland...nothing new....whole point of this movie is like what DC did with wonderwoman with their "all female leads" or wtv crap that was...

this is just them trying to hit the african american demographic,

movie will prolly be completely forgettable

{<huh}

I hope this is sarcasm.

I guess the question is 'why do you care?'

In a 99% white MCU you change one background character to an ethnic and all sorts of people lose their shit demanding it stop.

So people gonna people....

What are you talking about? You totally missed my point. I don't give a crap about there being a black character in the MCU. In fact I think it is awesome that we finally have a cool black superhero. Anyway, my point is that blacks are acting as if this is a new milestone achievement. I remember growing up with the cosby show, family matters, fresh prince of bel air, etc. All shows that represented blacks very well. Then you have guys like Idris Elba, Forest Whitaker, Denzel Washington who usually choose great roles.

i really im looking forward to this movie he was my fav in civil war. wakanda looks fantastic

I watched the original Avengers in a theater in Addis Ababa.

When watching the now often repeated "circle pan" shot of "Earth's Mightiest Heroes", I wondered where Black Panther was.

Now I know

I guess the question is 'why do you care?'

In a 99% white MCU you change one background character to an ethnic and all sorts of people lose their shit demanding it stop.

So people gonna people....
There were already several Black characters in the MCU. Hell, they've even changed White characters to Black (Nick Fury, Mordo, MJ, Shocker, etc).

What are you talking about? You totally missed my point. I don't give a crap about there being a black character in the MCU. In fact I think it is awesome that we finally have a cool black superhero. Anyway, my point is that blacks are acting as if this is a new milestone achievement. I remember growing up with the cosby show, family matters, fresh prince of bel air, etc. All shows that represented blacks very well. Then you have guys like Idris Elba, Forest Whitaker, Denzel Washington who usually choose great roles.

you already summed up why the reception is what it is... there are no CBMs with a black lead (blade and spawn aside) and this has not only that but its set in africa with more :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s than a tarzan movie.

it looks cool. I like the new world they created but will ultimately make or break this movie for me will be the fighting and action. If they can keep the spirit of what the russo bros created then this will be badass. Loved black panther in civil war. The actor that portrays him is excellent

Coogler and Michael B. Jordan knocked it out of the park with Creed in my opinion. Now a Marvel collaboration between them with Boseman, an actor who has legitimately been awesome in every role I've seen him in, as the lead, im thinking this one will be awesome.

Liked the new trailer. The action was great and the colors and costumes are sick. Only thing i didn't like was the cliche "you can choose what type of king to be..." Also, i know it may sound trivial, but i can't get over Jordan's hair. Seems like he's going to start an 80's pop band, not a coup.

Liked the new trailer. The action was great and the colors and costumes are sick. Only thing i didn't like was the cliche "you can choose what type of king to be..." Also, i know it may sound trivial, but i can't get over Jordan's hair. Seems like he's going to start an 80's pop band, not a coup.

Looks like Jaden Smith imo

Ya it always stretches belief when guy like Cap and BP can outrun or keep up with an accelerating fast moving car or motorbike but they have made that cannon in the MCU so I just guess we have to accept they have that type of explosive burst speed which would allow him to push off and leap faster than the car he was riding on.
That I'm actually okay with, lets just chalk it up to super powers, but if a guy does a somersault off a car, he's not going to accelerate and land on a car ahead of him going even faster.

Same with the JLA trailer. Aquaman apparently needs to ride on the Batmobile because its faster, but they he jettisons off of it like a rocket to attack a Para-Demon a hundred feet ahead of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back