Darren Till to Donald Cerrone: ‘Do not stand with me, you will die’

I actually won't be surprised If Cowboy takes it to the ground and taps him. His BJJ is elite and If his opponent poses danger on the feet he's got nice takedowns that he utilizes If he sees openings and holes in their defense. It was truly impressie how he tapped Alex Oliveira in his debut at welterweight.

I'm not sure how Till's takedown defense is. I think I watched his fights, but I don't remember much of them as he was fighting some lower ranked fighters and it wasn't very interesting.

"He’s getting old and he’s twice my age." Cowboy is 34, so this means that Till is only 17!!!

17? He’s a whole year older than the young prospect Erick Silva!

But seriously, can’t blame Till for trying to hype up the fight; it’s not like Cowboy’s putting the helicopter jetski down to do some promotion (not that it’s all on him, amirite WME-IMG PR Department?)

Yeah cause the highlight that was posted was of him fighting guys outside the UFC lol. Hes fought noone in UFC ether. Dude gonna be in for a rude awaking. Unless Cerrone has really lost it dont see no way this guys beat him.
No doubt he just lost a super close decision to Robbie who some say he should have won!

Now way Till hits harder or swarms better than Lawler.

Cowboy's got this, hoping for a brutal ko

He didn't have good wrestling at the time, though. His wrestling and KO power have improved a lot since then.
Yeah I totaly agree. It wasnt so much his wrestling, but like the other guy said, his BJJ.

Darren Till is definitely a good fighter. I just remember his fight against Dalby, he was whooping his ass until the third where he had nothing left and Dalby laid a vicious beating on him. Then against Velikovic even though he won he started to slow down in the third and there were lulls of action in between.

Also his style seems very bad for a guy like Cerrone, he likes to use space and pick his shots he isn't really much of a pressure fighter. If he gives Cerrone space and lets him get his timing down hes in trouble. Unless his Muay Thai is just straight up better than Cerrone's, which it may very well be but I'm highly doubting, it's gonna be a rough night for him.

Only fighters that are guaranteed to give Cerrone problems are boxers who pressure well with good timing. Diaz, Lawler, Masvidal and RDA are all pressure fighters with really good boxing and vets inside the cage. Darren Till just seems like the style of fighter Cerrone eats for breakfast, not to mention Cerrone is probably the best TD artist Till has faced with the best ground game as well. Not to mention Cowboys cardio is always on point.

Not counting Till out though, Cowboy could very well be slowing down and is always one hard liver kick away from being finished, just don't think the odds are in his favor for that to be happening. Also seems more cocky that confident, seems like he's trying to convince himself of Cowboy being over the hill rather than him actually being there. Anyone who watched Cowboys last fight knows he's anything but old and over the hill, he looked sharp and lost a close decision against a returning former world champ in what was supposed to be a death sentence of a fight for Cowboy.

Long post over! Incredibly excited for this scrap to happen.

Anyone else wanna see cowboy rematch Pettis? I think he's earned a chance to get that back.

Cowboy is going to work this kid over. Size doesn't matter when you have skills like Cerrone. Till is going to wish he was fighting CM Punk after this whoopin.

How many British guys end up being MEH? Bisping was the only British guy that met his potential. Hathaway, Hardy, Pickett, Pearson... English guys just can't hack it - save The Count.

I'd wager Till is added to this list.

So Till has Nate Diaz level striking now lol ?

It seems it is better. I told you Cerrone would be in trouble with his poor head movement and Till's quick and powerful left.

Eat some crow.

Cowboy is going to work this kid over. Size doesn't matter when you have skills like Cerrone. Till is going to wish he was fighting CM Punk after this whoopin.

Do you ever get tired of being completely wrong?

Shit I missed the fight, only saw the finish. So he had two takedown attempts and got shrugged off? Or he got him down and couldn't do anything?

Sad for Cerrone, but excited about Till. So how good is he? Better striker than Wonderboy you say?

All the posters in this thread

HTTPS9tZWRpYS5naXBoeS5jb20vbWVkaWEvU1g1TXpGZHo2Tmg2Zy9naXBoeS5naWYlog.gif

Cerrone was suppose to make Till look like Jury... lol.

Shit I missed the fight, only saw the finish. So he had two takedown attempts and got shrugged off? Or he got him down and couldn't do anything?

Sad for Cerrone, but excited about Till. So how good is he? Better striker than Wonderboy you say?
One failed, one he got him down but Till got up easily.
Don't know if he's a better striker than Wonderboy but he hits hard and fast and is freaking huge in there. Cowboy looked like a kid next to him.

Cerrone gonna destroy this guy lol. Myles Jury all over again lol. Cerrone has traded with guys like Robbie Lawler, Pettis, RDA. Your point fighting style aint gonna do shit. Who the fuck have you fought lol ?

<36>

Back