Press: Conor McGregor uses homophobic slur in conversation with teammate at UFC Gdansk

Not for the TLDRers...

McGregor may be the latest victim of the PC police and you have a lot of people "jumping for joy" that don't quite understand what is really happening. As a matter of fact, I don't think a lot of people (both sides of the PC argument) understand what all of the Political Correctness is actually being used for.

If you can get the majority of people to agree with the government that certain words should be off limits and cheer the law coming down on people for their speech, we may be in a lot more trouble than we think.

Where do the definitions of "hate speech" end? By allowing people to be punished for using words that, in their opinions, are ok to use, you set up a terrible precedent. People can be punished for words and thoughts and WE AMERICANS are standing by and allowing this to happen. Many do it because they happen to agree with the "why" but what happens when you don't agree with the "words" that the government now tells you are off limits? You have no leg to stand on because you didn't argue against that "power" when the words you agreed should be off limits were banned.

"Hate Speech" is decided on by an opinion. Some words are ok to some, while not ok to others but we don't have the right to stop anyone from using their words or expressing their opinions. YET, many are jumping on this PC bandwagon and attacking every chance they get.

Since, this subject is on the word "F-ggot", let's take the gay marriage laws that were recently passed as an example of people lauding the government for a trendy issue, while not realizing that they may have just signed their rights away: The "marriage equality act" was voted down in every state that it was proposed in (including California and New York) but the Supreme Court stepped in and overturned the decisions by making it legal in the entire country. People arguing on both sides, focused entirely on whether or not same-sex marriage was right or wrong BUT ALMOST EVERYONE missed what had really happened.... YOUR GOVERNMENT JUST TOLD OVER 20 MILLION VOTERS TO GO TO HELL. America voted and the government threw the votes out and made a law against the will of the people. The media raved that this was "the right thing to do" but only because they AGREED with it. My question is this, no matter what side of the fence you are on: If your government passes a law, against the will of the majority, yet you agree with the new law, what happens when they pass something that you don't like? It would be to late because you have already established that you are OK with the government doing what "it feels is right" even if the people don't.

Gay or straight, you should be very afraid of what is happening now.

Exactly. All we have to do is ignore all exit polls from gay marriage initiatives which shows that some minorities (blacks and hispanics) typically are more likely to oppose gay rights. As you said, if you can't completely ignore that then you are a racist.
What do you mean? statistics? Get a hold of this biggot.

I'm outraged. Ban him from the sport for life. It's the current year for goodness sakes.

Wish more people would loosen up and we could get back to the good old days of calling guys like the poster above me a cunt, fuck you and have a nice day

Not every Irish person are the same.

You expect him to speak
20-13-things-plumber.jpg

to speak like him?
1200px-Oscar_Wilde_3g07095u-adjust.jpg

You fucking racists!

Last edited:
I don't care about this story and don't consider it worthy of numerous threads. I also understand that there are certain ubiquitous laws of respect one should acknowledge, such as not using terms like this or the "N word" while being televised on social media or television. Just basic common sense.

Didn't he say it backstage in a conversation with his friend?

If he said it in a press conference or something then fine, but he said something in a conversation to his friend, just keep a camera out of his face and stop making issues where there are none.

It's the year 2040 - Conor McGregor Jr. has won the title and everyone is outraged and offended that he called another fighter a poo poo head back stage.

There's a Louis ck bit on that word using it growing up hehhe

I can't stand Mcgregor but his usage of that word isn't one of the reasons. He should tell the SJWs to go fuck themselves. Werdum should have too.

Back