Press: Conor McGregor uses homophobic slur in conversation with teammate at UFC Gdansk

I think CONOR may be hiding a secret. His love for playing Danny Boy on the meat whistle.

there are certain ubiquitous laws of respect one should acknowledge, .

This is a fucking karate forum, most of these guys are either drunk already on this beautiful Sunday morning or have a 3rd grade education. You can't go around saying things like that

<PlusJuan>

<DirkMavs>

I don't care about this story and don't consider it worthy of numerous threads. I also understand that there are certain ubiquitous laws of respect one should acknowledge, such as not using terms like this or the "N word" while being televised on social media or television. Just basic common sense.
Because you don't agree with a word or consider it "disrespectful" does not mean that the word should be illegal. By giving the power to do that, you lose control of that power. Here is the truth: If you don't like what someone on any show, media event, sporting event or social media post is saying, don't watch and don't listen. It is like the smoking ban in restaurants and bars across the country. If you don't like the smoke, don't go to that place. If there is enough of a market for "non-smoking" venues, then restaurants and bars will open up that maintain those policies but you should not FORCE anyone or any business to function in a way that they don't wish to function. Just stop patronizing them and they will eventually go out of business or change.

Well more like Laurence Olivier actually

They're gonna go after Conor like they did Tyson Fury after his comments. Hopefully he makes it out of this okay

I use that word all the time, who cares what he's saying, everyone should be allowed to say whatever the hell they want

No one is making words illegal.

1st amendment and all that.

Also America isn't a democracy, its a republic. We don't directly vote on passing legislation.

I don't care about this story and don't consider it worthy of numerous threads. I also understand that there are certain ubiquitous laws of respect one should acknowledge, such as not using terms like this or the "N word" while being televised on social media or television. Just basic common sense.

pretty much this.

Also TS says hate speech is decided on by opinion, which is incorrect. legal Definition of hate speech; speech that is intended to insult, offend, or intimidate a person because of some trait (as race, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability). So everything you're saying is based on a falsehood, meaning everything you're saying is incorrect from the foundations up.

Was McGregor's use of the word "hate speech"? I very much doubt it. It's certainly distasteful and ignorant, though. Just because you "have the right to saw what I want" (that's not what the first amendment is for, but whatever) doesn't mean you need to. Compassion, bro.

You must not be able to read, fuckhead. I said I’m not the guy who goes around starting shit with a professional athlete. If THEY come randomly starting shit with ME, that’s another story. Read before commenting.
Ah ok. Makes sense

I wouldnt apologize at all if pressed on it. Conor is too big at this point to have this shit effect him. It will probably just make more gays tune in to see him lose lool

Mods merged my thread with another McGregor thread but it was a completely different subject matter...

Here we go, again...

Not for the TLDRers...

McGregor may be the latest victim of the PC police and you have a lot of people "jumping for joy" that don't quite understand what is really happening. As a matter of fact, I don't think a lot of people (both sides of the PC argument) understand what all of the Political Correctness is actually being used for.

If you can get the majority of people to agree with the government that certain words should be off limits and cheer the law coming down on people for their speech, we may be in a lot more trouble than we think.

Where do the definitions of "hate speech" end? By allowing people to be punished for using words that, in their opinions, are ok to use, you set up a terrible precedent. People can be punished for words and thoughts and WE AMERICANS are standing by and allowing this to happen. Many do it because they happen to agree with the "why" but what happens when you don't agree with the "words" that the government now tells you are off limits? You have no leg to stand on because you didn't argue against that "power" when the words you agreed should be off limits were banned.

"Hate Speech" is decided on by an opinion. Some words are ok to some, while not ok to others but we don't have the right to stop anyone from using their words or expressing their opinions. YET, many are jumping on this PC bandwagon and attacking every chance they get.

Since, this subject is on the word "F-ggot", let's take the gay marriage laws that were recently pass as an example of people lauding the government for a trendy issue, while not realizing that they may have just signed their rights away: The "marriage equality act" was voted down in every state that it was proposed in (including California and New York) but the Supreme Court stepped in and overturned the decisions by making it legal in the entire country. People arguing on both sides, focused entirely on whether or not same-sex marriage was right or wrong BUT ALMOST EVERYONE missed what had really happened.... YOUR GOVERNMENT JUST TOLD OVER 20 MILLION VOTERS TO GO TO HELL. America voted and the government threw the votes out and made a law against the will of the people. The media raved that this was "the right thing to do" but only because they AGREED with it. My question is this, no matter what side of the fence you are on: If your government passes a law, against the will of the majority, yet you agree with the new law, what happens when they pass something that you don't like? It would be to late because you have already established that you are OK with the government doing what "it feels is right" even if the people don't.

Gay or straight, you should be very afraid of what is happening now.

People shouldn't make a big deal out of it, but they also shouldn't pretend that it's just some harmless generic word that has no connection to gay people. It's not the same thing as calling someone a bitch or a pussy. That is a legitimately fucking stupid argument that always gets brought up in these threads. The word carries an impact precisely because if you're a man in your mid 20s or older, you grew up with the knowledge that being attracted to other men was looked at as just about the worst thing possible.

still better than a guy who treats his son like a toy
4383BC2800000578-4819284-Conor_McGregor_was_clearly_enjoying_having_his_son_Conor_Jr_dres-a-1_1503637769482.jpg

A father's barbie doll
No, being a pedophile is much worse.

Last edited:
It just shows him being a hypocrite. He sucks up to Leftist and LGBT causes and then uses a "homophobic slur." Typical libtard <Lmaoo>

Govt didn’t pass a law, simply the Supreme Court came to a decision that the current law (prop 8) was unconstitutional.

Back