Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 episodes so far in season 2 but it bores the shit out of me. 62 minutes of episode 3 seemed like an eternity, it almost killed my desire to watch the rest of the season.
Same experience. Stopped watching the show around the same time. Too much for me to watch a bunch of depressing, pretentious people going through a lot of dragging moments.

Finally decided to watch Mr.Robot.

Pilot episode is one of the best single episodes of any TV show that I ever watched, it is amazing. The rest of the season 1 is pretty good but it is nowhere near episode 1 in terms of quality.

3 episodes so far in season 2 but it bores the shit out of me. 62 minutes of episode 3 seemed like an eternity, it almost killed my desire to watch the rest of the season.

I thought the first half of season 2 was quite boring but it gets better and is worth watching for the second half (or third). Still not even close to season 1 which is up there as one of the best TV series on all time.

First Full-Length Trailer for Marvel's RUNAWAYS Series on Hulu

Every teenager thinks their parents are evil, what if they actually are? Check out this early look at Marvel's Runaways, exclusively on Hulu November 21.

YES!

ST season 2 is out

just got to wait till tuesday

Just saw some pretty good comedy shit from BET. It's called The Comedy Get Down, a scripted show about Cedric the Entertainer, Charlie Murphy, DL Hughley, George Lopez & Eddie Griffin when they're on the road for a comedy tour. If you like these guys, you'll like this shit

2 episodes in and I am about done with the second season of Stranger Things. Doubled down on the 80s references and made the show somehow slower.

Same experience. Stopped watching the show around the same time. Too much for me to watch a bunch of depressing, pretentious people going through a lot of dragging moments.

This show made me sad.

It had so many fantastic elements, but it's like they made it on morphine.

I'd have actually preferred it with a few less layers of complexity as well. It's too convoluted to be engaging.

Here, look for yourselves:

Tell me I'm wrong. Would it have killed them to pull the shot a little bit so we could see below the necklace?:mad:

I think I would have seemed a bit gratuitous. Those shots seem framed well, and pulling it back so we can see the goods would be a bit obvious, in my opinion.

Edit: On second thought, I'm an idiot. You are correct and the shot should have been lowered.

Last edited:
I've got to say that my 2 favorite shows currently on are The Duece and Vice Principals.

I thought the past 2 episodes of Gotham have been decent enough. Almost gave up on the show. Finally a good episode of The Flash. No coincidence that it was also Wells' return.

I'm still a bit taken aback by The Orville. A Seth MacFarlane show that doesn't seem anything like a Seth MacFarlane show. I didn't know he could be this serious and not continuously throw insults at celebrities.

@Dragonlordxxxxx
What do you mean quality control issues?
Quality control is my made-up name for things that happen on a show that features illogical actions, inconsistencies and dumb character decisions. It's like PIS but not as harsh or stupid. If you guys know a better term for it, let me know. I love Star Trek: Discovery but there are a few poor quality control here and there (episodes 4 and 5 to be more specific). I'll copy/paste an example I gave last year about quality control.

Here are some examples of poor quality control in Daredevil season 2:

- The mobsters are gathered in a small pub. Suddenly, gunfire is heard and bullet holes appear on the wall. One of the gangsters is shot. So all the gangsters open fire on the wall where the bullet holes appeared EVEN THOUGH it looked like they couldn’t see anything what is on the other side of the wall. What’s laughable is that their first instinct is not to take cover. So like a bunch of morons, they keep on shooting at the wall until they die one by one.

- Punisher and DD are fighting on a roof of a building. Frank knocks DD down but not out. Instead of making sure DD is incapacitated (strike one), Frank goes over the edge of the roof and fires a grenade at the parked motorcycles on the street. Naturally the biker gang all go out of their lair to take a look. Frank is waiting for the bikers to come out with his machine gun equipped with a scope. Even though the street is very well-lit because of the fire/street lamps and he has the advantage of concealment, Frank turns on the floodlights near him. So now, the bikers know his position (strike two). Frank DOESN'T SHOOT and just looks at the bikers through his scope (strike three). The bikers quickly run across the street and Frank STILL doesn’t shoot (strike four). Frank looks ready to shoot but half of them are already near his building and out of sight. Then DD interrupts his shot.

- The Kingpin goes out of his way to make sure the Punisher is sent to the same prison as him. Fisk wants to kill a rival big shot inmate in the prison. Fisk explains to Frank that this prison boss is heavily guarded and only Frank is capable of killing him. Fisk says he has a prison guard under his pocket that will let him go inside the prison boss’ cellblock and that he only has 7 minutes to kill the prison boss. Once Frank is there, the guard lets him in the cellblock. Despite being advertised as heavily guarded, all the prison boss’ underlings are locked up inside their own cells. So Frank just casually walks to the prison boss’ cell and kills one underling to get to the boss. It’s ludicrous how easy it was to kill the prison boss. It was so easy that Fisk didn’t even need his convoluted scheme to bring the Punisher to do the job.

I've stopped watching The Walking Dead for one and a half seasons now. I decided to check out the season 8 premiere, just to see what's up.

The most dumbest moment that stood out to me was why didn't Rick & company just shoot Negan and his lieutenants when they were just standing there out in the open. Then when Rick starts shooting, couldn't he and the others have aimed it better so that they actually shot something. It's equally ridiculous how Negan and his lieutenants didn't get hit by that barrage of bullets.

My curiosity has been satisfied. Didn't leave a good impression. There's just a staleness about the show. Won't be coming back to the show anytime soon, maybe except to check out the Fear the Walking Dead crossover.

I actually liked the premiere. Everyone stopped being a bunch of pussies and finally did something. Seems like S7 was them jamming Negan down the audience's throat and everyone being too scared to do anything, so this was refreshing. Yeah, that scene was kind of dumb. They could have put some sort of obstacle in between Negan and the group and it would have come off better. Hell, just have Eugene stand in front of Negan and it would have been better. But, I can look past the stormtrooper aim in the Star Wars movies, so I can look past it here, too.

I thought the past 2 episodes of Gotham have been decent enough. Almost gave up on the show. Finally a good episode of The Flash. No coincidence that it was also Wells' return.
I like the last two episodes of The Flash. I'm digging their new approach to making the show more lighthearted and fun like in the first season.

I've got to say that my 2 favorite shows currently on are The Duece and Vice Principals.

I'm still a bit taken aback by The Orville. A Seth MacFarlane show that doesn't seem anything like a Seth MacFarlane show. I didn't know he could be this serious and not continuously throw insults at celebrities.

This weeks Orville had some serious Black Mirror vibe to it, and by that I mean that they basically stole the whole premise from one of Black Mirror episodes.

I also like The Deuce, but I think that's mostly because I miss I'm Dying up Here so much. Appreantly I'm into the '70s now

This weeks Orville had some serious Black Mirror vibe to it, and by that I mean that they basically stole the whole premise from one of Black Mirror episodes.

I like The Orville but this isn't the first time, even with so few episodes out.

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Natira allows the three to explore the asteroid. McCoy stays with Natira, as the two are beginning to develop a relationship, while Kirk and Spock discover the asteroid is really a generation ship housing millions of beings of the Fabrini race. The ship was launched over 10,000 years prior to escape the destruction of their world by a supernova but the current residents are unaware of the nature of their world.

I miss I'm Dying up Here so much.

Me too. I was really enjoying that show.

First Behind-the-Scenes Teaser for STARGATE ORIGINS Digital Series

The latest addition to the Stargate universe is already underway. Since the announcement of Stargate Origins, a new series premiering on the digital platform Stargate Command, production has kicked off — and EW can exclusively reveal the first behind-the-scenes reel from the set.

The footage sees Australian actress Ellie Gall as a young Catherine Langford. Stargate Origins will focus on the daughter of Professor Langford (played by Stargate Atlantis actor Connor Trinneer) as she embarks on “an unexpected adventure to unlock the mystery of what lies beyond the Stargate in order to save Earth from unimaginable darkness.”

The 10-episode show, written by Mark Ilvedson and Justin Michael Terry, will explore the early history of Catherine and the Stargate portal.

First Behind-the-Scenes Teaser for Stargate Origins Goes Back to Where It All Began

Quality control is my made-up name for things that happen on a show that features illogical actions, inconsistencies and dumb character decisions. It's like PIS but not as harsh or stupid. If you guys know a better term for it, let me know. I love Star Trek: Discovery but there are a few poor quality control here and there (episodes 4 and 5 to be more specific). I'll copy/paste an example I gave last year about quality control.

Here are some examples of poor quality control in Daredevil season 2:

- The mobsters are gathered in a small pub. Suddenly, gunfire is heard and bullet holes appear on the wall. One of the gangsters is shot. So all the gangsters open fire on the wall where the bullet holes appeared EVEN THOUGH it looked like they couldn’t see anything what is on the other side of the wall. What’s laughable is that their first instinct is not to take cover. So like a bunch of morons, they keep on shooting at the wall until they die one by one.

- Punisher and DD are fighting on a roof of a building. Frank knocks DD down but not out. Instead of making sure DD is incapacitated (strike one), Frank goes over the edge of the roof and fires a grenade at the parked motorcycles on the street. Naturally the biker gang all go out of their lair to take a look. Frank is waiting for the bikers to come out with his machine gun equipped with a scope. Even though the street is very well-lit because of the fire/street lamps and he has the advantage of concealment, Frank turns on the floodlights near him. So now, the bikers know his position (strike two). Frank DOESN'T SHOOT and just looks at the bikers through his scope (strike three). The bikers quickly run across the street and Frank STILL doesn’t shoot (strike four). Frank looks ready to shoot but half of them are already near his building and out of sight. Then DD interrupts his shot.

- The Kingpin goes out of his way to make sure the Punisher is sent to the same prison as him. Fisk wants to kill a rival big shot inmate in the prison. Fisk explains to Frank that this prison boss is heavily guarded and only Frank is capable of killing him. Fisk says he has a prison guard under his pocket that will let him go inside the prison boss’ cellblock and that he only has 7 minutes to kill the prison boss. Once Frank is there, the guard lets him in the cellblock. Despite being advertised as heavily guarded, all the prison boss’ underlings are locked up inside their own cells. So Frank just casually walks to the prison boss’ cell and kills one underling to get to the boss. It’s ludicrous how easy it was to kill the prison boss. It was so easy that Fisk didn’t even need his convoluted scheme to bring the Punisher to do the job.
I honestly would still just call that PIS.

It's mild PIS, but it's still PIS.

First Behind-the-Scenes Teaser for STARGATE ORIGINS Digital Series

The latest addition to the Stargate universe is already underway. Since the announcement of Stargate Origins, a new series premiering on the digital platform Stargate Command, production has kicked off — and EW can exclusively reveal the first behind-the-scenes reel from the set.

The footage sees Australian actress Ellie Gall as a young Catherine Langford. Stargate Origins will focus on the daughter of Professor Langford (played by Stargate Atlantis actor Connor Trinneer) as she embarks on “an unexpected adventure to unlock the mystery of what lies beyond the Stargate in order to save Earth from unimaginable darkness.”

The 10-episode show, written by Mark Ilvedson and Justin Michael Terry, will explore the early history of Catherine and the Stargate portal.

First Behind-the-Scenes Teaser for Stargate Origins Goes Back to Where It All Began

Seriously under-rated series.

Lin-Manuel Miranda's THE KINGKILLER CHRONICLE Series Lands at Showtime

TE0XE30.jpg

Showtime is developing a television series adaptation of The Kingkiller Chronicle, based on the bestselling Patrick Rothfuss book series produced by Lionsgate, with Lin-Manuel Miranda executive producing. John Rogers (Leverage, The Player) serves as showrunner and Miranda also will compose music for the series, which is based on Rothfuss’ global bestselling contemporary fantasy trilogy.

The Kingkiller Chronicle is a collaborative franchise from Lionsgate that includes a TV series adaption, a major feature film being penned by Lindsey Beer and interactive games all being developed concurrently. Miranda has been attached to the franchise as creative producer since Lionsgate announced it last year.

Set in the world of the popular fantasy series by Rothfuss, The Kingkiller Chronicle will follow a pair of wandering performers on their adventures through the unique and startling world of Temerant, immersing audiences in a universe of unexpected heroes, mystical places, and terrifying dark forces. It is a world that has delighted readers and critics alike, selling more than 10 million copies in 35 languages across the globe. The television adaption is a subversive origin story set a generation before the events of the trilogy’s first novel, The Name of the Wind.

Rogers, Miranda, Rothfuss, Robert Lawrence (Clueless, Die Hard with a Vengeance) and Jennifer Court (The Player) will executive produce. Lawrence also played a key role in bringing the project to Showtime.

Miranda won two Tony Awards for his musical Hamilton, which received a Tony-record 16 noms, winning 11. He earned his first two nominations and won his first Tony for In the Heights. He has been nominated for two Primetime Emmy Awards, winning for Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics for the 67th Tony Awards. He also received Oscar and Golden Globe nominations for the original song “How Far I’ll Go” from Moana. His onscreen credits include How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, The Sopranos and The Electric Company, as well as the upcoming feature Mary Poppins Returns.

Rogers created and executive produced the series Leverage, The Librarians and The Player. His feature film credits include Transformers, The Core and American Outlaws. He also has a background in comics including the Blue Beetle relaunch for DC Comics.

Lin-Manuel Miranda’s ‘The Kingkiller Chronicle’ Series Set At Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back