Al Franken probably will have to resign...

Franken fucked up.
He apologized, she accepted but this will always follow him. Any hopes of running for president went down the tubes.

There are probably stories from SNL days that would keep him from running for president anyway
Fake news.

“I was only expecting to emcee and introduce the acts, but Franken said he had written a part for me that he thought would be funny, and I agreed to play along.

When I saw the script, Franken had written a moment when his character comes at me for a ‘kiss’. I suspected what he was after, but I figured I could turn my head at the last minute, or put my hand over his mouth, to get more laughs from the crowd.

On the day of the show Franken and I were alone backstage going over our lines one last time. He said to me, “We need to rehearse the kiss.” I laughed and ignored him. Then he said it again. I said something like, ‘Relax Al, this isn’t SNL…we don’t need to rehearse the kiss.’

He continued to insist, and I was beginning to get uncomfortable.

He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘OK’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth.

I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn’t be so nice about it the next time.

I walked away. All I could think about was getting to a bathroom as fast as possible to rinse the taste of him out of my mouth.

I felt disgusted and violated.”

From that you take “she agreed to it”? Whatsa matter with you?

Yes that's pretty much exactly what she just said.

"I suspected what he was after"

"I said ‘OK ’"

Unless you expect Al to be a mind reader at that point.. she said okay

Last edited:
Mike Pence was widely mocked for stating he will not eat dinner alone with a woman who is not his wife. He is not looking so bad now.

GettyImages-632256310-1280x720.jpg

<PlusJuan>
I mentioned this to my wife the other day, how he is going to be the last man standing.

As a President, he's quite terrible. But as a troll, he is a magnificent bastard. I tip my cap.

If there was no twitter he'd be a horrible President, but there is and he's a savage.

Censure for what? What misdeed of office did he commit? A bad come=on to a broad and jokey photo? Let's convene that committee right now!

Clinton cheated on his wife and that was an indictable charge. So who knows? Republicans will trump up any charge against any political opponent...or is there still an honest man left that can admit the clinton impeachment was an institutional abuse of power and much ado about nothing bc the republicans are pissy little vindictive bitches who live by 'party first, country never?'
It's incredible to me, but lots of Alabamans are saying they will vote Moore solely because they could never vote Democrat. It's like the War Room where it's all about what side is scoring points against the other side. There were people in this thread cheering that Franken was accused of harassment. The only reason is he's on the other side from them. It's fucking pathetic.

I can't stand Al Franken except for when he played Stuart Smiley, but this is bullshit. Franken is clearly joking with no intent to victimize someone except as the butt of a joke.
So everything is cool if its a joke?
What if its a race joke or gay joke?

She is saying he was giving her shit the whole tour and this was because she didn't want anything to do with him.

He was being an ass hole and deserves a beat down for this shit. I would hope most here would agree if it was their sister or daughter.

Saying it's just a joke is like saying she asked for, which is an excuse used by rapist.

It's simple just treat people with manners that includes woman. Keep you hands to yourself unless you are invited. Don't touch what's not yours.

It's incredible to me, but lots of Alabamans are saying they will vote Moore solely because they could never vote Democrat. It's like the War Room where it's all about what side is scoring points against the other side. There were people in this thread cheering that Franken was accused of harassment. The only reason is he's on the other side from them. It's fucking pathetic.

We have gone full tribalism in the last 5 years.

But that is the liberal way. that is the Saul Alinsky playbook. The us-against-them mentality.

You are either with us or against us
You are either an ally or an enemy

We have gone full tribalism in the last 5 years.

But that is the liberal way. that is the Saul Alinsky playbook. The us-against-them mentality.

You are either with us or against us
You are either an ally or an enemy
Horseshit. It's not the liberals desperately seeking any win for their team.

He seemed to be one of the good ones. Sure he was playing it up for the laughs here as he's posing for the photo, but it's worse in that he's playing sexual assault for the laughs.

Dem Governor will name his replacement who will serve until next November.

This one stings. I liked Al, but everyone has to be held to the same standards and morals.

Stop and think about what? He's posing for a picture, which he thought was funny at the time, with many other people around. A posed picture vs a thought to be private off the record conversation? Franken's photo is much more "lockerroom talk" or more appropriately highschool/fratboy douchebag hijinks than "I grab them by the pussy".

Funny how Trump is silent on Roy Moore with 7-8 accusers.
And that Trump himself has over a dozen official accusers and the "grab em by the pussy, don't even ask" tape. Fucking dangerous game Trump is playing here.

Also noteworthy that McConnel sort of gave these guys an out by suggesting investigations for these guys instead of making them step down. He probably knows there are political leaders on both sides that have this stuff in their history.

The smug and self-righteous Jon Stewart is the one who started the, "I cannot be held accountable for anything I say or do because I'm just a comedian" nonsense which has become a trendy excuse for people who say or do stupid things to get themselves out of trouble. I hear this excuse coming mainly from soulless, mainstream, millionaire democrat party supporting whores (mainly late-night talk show hosts) who will do and say anything to stay relevant and make money.

It began when Stewart was on CNN's crossfire and he told the show to stop being biased. Tucker Carlson called out Stewart for being a hypocrite because he was giving softball interviews to democrats. Carlson asked Stewart why he was not holding himself to the standard he was preaching to other shows. Stewart replied with the "I'm just a comedian" bullshit he became known for saying.

It is worth mentioning that the more radical left hate comedians who are not 110 percent politically correct. They do not support smug, self-righteous, sellout scum like Stephen Colbert, Bill Maher, Samantha Bee, John Oliver and so on.

Horseshit. It's not the liberals desperately seeking any win for their team.

Its both. I should not have blamed it on the left. Here' an intereting piece on tribalism.

The failed nomination of Robert Bork to the Supreme Court was perhaps the first moment that a hubristic GOP nominated a figure on the far right, and an increasingly vocal left upended previous norms for judicial hearings, using race and gender as political weapons. Mass illegal Latino immigration added to the tribal mix as the GOP, led most notably by Pete Wilson in California, became increasingly defined by white immigration restrictionists, and Hispanics moved to the Democrats. Newt Gingrich’s revolutionary GOP then upped the ante, treating President Bill Clinton as illegitimate from the start, launching an absurd impeachment crusade, and destroying the comity that once kept Washington from complete partisan dysfunction. Abortion and gay rights further split urban and rural America. By the 2000 election, we were introduced to the red-blue map, though by then we could already recognize the two tribes it identified as they fought to a national draw. Choosing a president under those circumstances caused a constitutional crisis, one the Supreme Court resolved at the expense of losing much of its nonpartisan, nontribal authority.

Then there were other accelerants: The arrival of talk radio in the 1980s, Fox News in the ’90s, and internet news and MSNBC in the aughts; the colossal blunder of the Iraq War, which wrecked the brief national unity after 9/11; and the rise of partisan gerrymandering that allowed the GOP to win, in 2016, 49 percent of the vote but 55 percent of House seats. (A recent study found that a full fifth of current districts are more convoluted than the original, contorted district that first gave us the term gerrymander in 1812.) The greatest threat to a politician today therefore is less a candidate from the opposing party than a more ideologically extreme primary opponent. The incentives for cross-tribal compromise have been eviscerated, and those for tribal extremism reinforced."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/09/can-democracy-survive-tribalism.html

Man who knew Al Franken was just some over the hill obnoxious frat guy.

You must've hated The Chapelle Show.

Nuances such as intent and context are two items that this PC culture has seemed to have forsaken.

Back