Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show fucking sucks and I haven't really kept up. Only thing that keeps my excited about the show is the anticipation of Daryl coming out of the closet.

Hopefully this happens next season and he hooks up with whatever BBC is around before they kill him off.

Early Rick was a slick little rascal. Got the drop on Merle, put Daryl in check easily, decisioned Shane in season 2 (right after Shane's big win over Otis), Ko'd the claimers in impressive fashion. Then he kind of got overconfident and hit a skid. Had the embarrassing draw with Dr.Porchdick. A come from behind victory over beefy Hilltop resident #6. A complete blowout to Negan (akin to Aldo vs McGregor). He has coasted his last few wins over subpar competition. I think he's passed his prime.

Rick was never good to begin with!

"Must be a new fan."
<OKC16>

I actually thought it was a good episode. The only thing that was really weird was why wouldn't Gabriel just shoot Negan??? I mean I know they couldn't do it b/c Negan is a main character but honestly I think Gabe would have just shot him. He didn't care about dying as long as it wasn't a "fruitless death". Killing the biggest jerk on the planet would be worth it.
Or maybe after their discussions he did realize that Negan....while being a complete asswhole.....maybe saves lives in the grand scheme of things. Without him keeping order all the Saviors would turn on each other or have a massive falling out. It's like taking out the giant drug kingpin. Sometimes it's better to have one guy in charge rather than have 15 people fighting over the empire/turf.

Probably because he's still a priest. He will always have mercy.

What's with Negan and talking about dick and ass in every sentence?

Yes kruger is the one working with Rick. Mullet isn't working with them but he figured out Kruger is because of the paint on the backpack which Mullet also got on his fingers from Krugers room.

Best episode of the season so far. Looks like Rick is having a change of heart and doesn't just want to wipe everyone out. I think the baby and seeing the guy he used to know affected him.

For a moment I thought Kruger realized Mullet figured it out, but no, that's why Mullet kept staring at him.

I actually thought it was a good episode. The only thing that was really weird was why wouldn't Gabriel just shoot Negan??? I mean I know they couldn't do it b/c Negan is a main character but honestly I think Gabe would have just shot him. He didn't care about dying as long as it wasn't a "fruitless death". Killing the biggest jerk on the planet would be worth it.
Or maybe after their discussions he did realize that Negan....while being a complete asswhole.....maybe saves lives in the grand scheme of things. Without him keeping order all the Saviors would turn on each other or have a massive falling out. It's like taking out the giant drug kingpin. Sometimes it's better to have one guy in charge rather than have 15 people fighting over the empire/turf.

You can tell he's the guy that keeps things in order when a worker, out of all people, is grateful he's still alive.

- Thank you Negan, thank god for you!

-And THAT is why I am here...

Rick was never good to begin with!

"Must be a new fan."
<OKC16>
Oh Sherdog. Guy takes a few bad beats later in his career and folks want to write off his earlier accomplishments. Prime Rick was a titan.

What's with Negan and talking about dick and ass in every sentence?
He's got a middle school sense of humor in the comics. It's over the top silliness, complete with fuckity fucks and throbbing veiny cock jokes. It's not presented in the Mr. Fonzi McCoolguy way JDM portrays it, he's just a big, goofy, charming, brutal bastard.
That's not to say he's doing a poor job with it. Comic Negans humor wouldn't translate well on the screen at all.

That was the Fear the Walking Dead crossover.
That was the helicopter that Brick got shot out of. You could hear his body hit the ground if you listened close enough.
It would be polite to put a spoiler tag on that. Not everyone reading this thread has watched FTWD.

Some info on Negan from the comics, nothing groundbreaking, just a little more character backstory.

1. he was a high school gym teacher
2. His wife was dying of cancer and he spent every night next to her hospital bed. Her name was lucille.
3. When the zombie apocalypse happened literally every single person who Negan met died no matter what Negan tried to do to save him.
4. At one point Negan meets a new group and they ask for his name, his reply "it doesn't matter" they introduce themselves and he says "it doesn't matter, you'll be dead in a week". I forget the actual timeline but Negan goes through multiple groups where he is the sole survivor even though he does everything in his power to save people.

So all in all comic book Negan is a lot more interesting and there's a lot more empathy then tv show Negan. The show kinda hit this mark a bit in the last episode but they didn't go far enough imo.

Some info on Negan from the comics, nothing groundbreaking, just a little more character backstory.

2. His wife was dying of cancer and he spent every night next to her hospital bed. Her name was lucille.
3. When the zombie apocalypse happened literally every single person who Negan met died no matter what Negan tried to do to save him.
4. At one point Negan meets a new group and they ask for his name, his reply "it doesn't matter" they introduce themselves and he says "it doesn't matter, you'll be dead in a week". I forget the actual timeline but Negan goes through multiple groups where he is the sole survivor even though he does everything in his power to save people.

So all in all comic book Negan is a lot more interesting and there's a lot more empathy then tv show Negan. The show kinda hit this mark a bit in the last episode but they didn't go far enough imo.

They should use a few episodes to show this. Kind of like with the Governor but more then just one episode.

They should use a few episodes to show this. Kind of like with the Governor but more then just one episode.

I agree but it's almost too late at this point, the show has goofed on so many levels. As someone who's read the comics I can totally understand bringing back that mexican dude from season 1 and him explaining how Rick and Negan were practically the same is 100% accurate.

Negan and Rick are nearly the same person its just Negan lost more along the way and turned tougher.

Just Imagine if Rick was the sole survivor of his trip from georgia to Virginia, he'd probably be much like Negan at this point.

I agree but it's almost too late at this point, the show has goofed on so many levels. As someone who's read the comics I can totally understand bringing back that mexican dude from season 1 and him explaining how Rick and Negan were practically the same is 100% accurate.

Negan and Rick are nearly the same person its just Negan lost more along the way and turned tougher.

Just Imagine if Rick was the sole survivor of his trip from georgia to Virginia, he'd probably be much like Negan at this point.

I think the fact that Shane fucked Lori made it easier for Rick to let go of her and move on, unlike Negan who named a damn bat after his wife and treats it like royalty.

I stopped watching at season 2. I wanted to leave it on a good note before the downfall began.

I stopped watching at season 2. I wanted to leave it on a good note before the downfall began.
you missed the whole governor stuff? lol dude that's the best part of the whole show. after that is when it goes down hill.

No he was in there just not as bat shit crazy just broken and then when thing start looking up for him the walls come down. I don't see why the show writers fuck around with a few of the ppl in comics and kill off ones that should still be alive. They must take polls or some shit to see who to keep and who to let die off for no reason.

Morgan's character is such a good example of just how out to lunch these writers are. They took a broken down man, who never truly recovered from the horrors he had witnessed in the comics, and turned him into a goddamned ninja turtle.

Who the fuck read the comic, and thought that was an appropriate direction to take that character? Like, nobody in the writers room thought "Umm, that's fucking retarded."

that's because they gave him his own comic like they did for the Governor but never went to deep into his past in the main books. I highly doubt the ppl making the show will do much more into his back story.

Morgan's character is such a good example of just how out to lunch these writers are. They took a broken down man, who never truly recovered from the horrors he had witnessed in the comics, and turned him into a goddamned ninja turtle.

Who the fuck read the comic, and thought that was an appropriate direction to take that character? Like, nobody in the writers room thought "Umm, that's fucking retarded."
I like how he did his Shaolin training from the fat guy who married the fat chick on the Drew Carey show. They missed an opportunity to make him even more credible by wearing a monk robe + beads

I like how he did his Shaolin training from the fat guy who married the fat chick on the Drew Carey show. They missed an opportunity to make him even more credible by wearing a monk robe + beads

Yeah, that shit was hilarious. Of all the people they could've chosen to be the martial arts zen master, they get that guy. What, was Dennis Franz too busy? John C Reilly a bit too pricey?

Good God, this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back