Over 230 dead in Egypt terror attack

now close to 250 dead

In Egypt. This is massive and I am interested to see how this is going to be handled. Some major changes are coming down the pike with this one. Anyone care to speculate? This is just not my area of proficiency.

Egypt terror attacks have seemingly increased. Or is it just that I'm noticing them more now? There were the two attacks on Coptyct (spelling) Christians there earlier in the year. Egypt is getting to actual middle east levels

Egypt terror attacks have seemingly increased. Or is it just that I'm noticing them more now? There were the two attacks on Coptyct (spelling) Christians there earlier in the year. Egypt is getting to actual middle east levels
It’s just on TV now that’s the only difference

now close to 250 dead

In Egypt. This is massive and I am interested to see how this is going to be handled. Some major changes are coming down the pike with this one. Anyone care to speculate? This is just not my area of proficiency.
Sisi was supposed to be the iron fisted dictator who will keep everyone safe from the big bad Islamists so this attack and the others preceding it that followed his coup will hurt his legitimacy. IIRC the Copts are over-represented in the Sinai and they were one group that supported the coup because they feared a Muslim Brotherhood government and figured Sisi would protect them better but this sort of thing will shake their trust in him.
I think you are right though I'm not sure. The fall of Morsi then the coup just two years later have kind of thrown Egypt into a bit of chaos politically and so areas in the periphery like the Sinai became more vulnerable to this kind of attack. I suspect it might be also exacerbated by the overall regional instability. When you have a bunch of dictators who have a solid grasp on power together they can keep a tighter rein on these transnational terrorists groups and the networks they operate in but with the fall of some of the big players it works to the advantage of the Islamist insurgents.
Sad, but I guess at least they left the Copts alone this time
Yeah, at least its only Muslims dying this time :rolleyes:

Fuck the Islamists and fuck Sisi.

This is on them.

If you're looking for outrage or play a victim maybe.
What else is one to infer? Egypt is 90% Muslim and 10% Coptic so when you read:

"Sad, but I guess at least they left the Copts alone this time"

It basically means "at least it was other Muslims targeted"

No, there are Sunni Sufis too. Its the mystical tradition in Islam and its not limited to one sect or another.

It's not an Iranian/Persian offshoot either.

This wasn’t real Islam. Nobody killing someone in the name of Islam no matter what group they are and how much they claim it is it isn’t.

Back