Over 230 dead in Egypt terror attack

Terrible business all round , strange to think it wasn't that long ago that I was taking my family to Sharm el Sheikh on holiday , I don't suppose many people will be going there these days .

Ladies and gentlemen, these are the ISIS animals Justin Trudeau wants to integrate back into Canada.

I guess you missed the 1st word in the post - SAD, but I guess at least they left the Copts alone this time.
No I didn't miss it, what I zeroed in on was the "at least" part which means:
if nothing else (used to add a positive comment about a generally negative situation).
"the options aren't complete, but at least they're a start"
EDIT: If you want to clarify what you meant, feel free.

People are fighting to bring this shit to your corner of the world.

As a practical matter, almost all Muslims - other than Wahhabi fanatics - have more freedom to practice their religion without interference in the United States than in Muslim countries.

What else is one to infer? Egypt is 90% Muslim and 10% Coptic so when you read:

"Sad, but I guess at least they left the Copts alone this time"

It basically means "at least it was other Muslims targeted"
So you’d prefer they hit the Coptic? That’s what you’re saying now

So you’d prefer they hit the Coptic? That’s what you’re saying now
No, that can't be logically inferred from what I said. I think its equally bad when innocent people of any faith die. I feel for the Copts as an oppressed minority in Egypt but I don't value their lives more than their Muslim neighbors or vice versa.

What else is one to infer? Egypt is 90% Muslim and 10% Coptic so when you read:

"Sad, but I guess at least they left the Copts alone this time"

It basically means "at least it was other Muslims targeted"

How shitty have they already made it for the Copts in Egypt. I work with 2 that are afraid to go home to visit family.

It's like the kkk being scared thst blacks (12%) will take over the country.

So yeah forgive me for insinuating that at least they didn't try to genocide the Copts this time

How shitty have they already made it for the Copts in Egypt. I work with 2 that are afraid to go home to visit family.

It's like the kkk being scared thst blacks (12%) will take over the country.

So yeah forgive me for insinuating that at least they didn't try to genocide the Copts this time
So in other words

"at least it was other Muslims targeted"

it started in iran

No, it didn't. The origins aren't recorded, but the earliest records aren't from Iran/Persia, they are from Basra.

No, that can't be logically inferred from what I said. I think its equally bad when innocent people of any faith die. I feel for the Copts as an oppressed minority in Egypt but I don't value their lives more than their Muslim neighbors or vice versa.
You said it was bad for him to be happy they didn’t hit he coptics for once. Hat directly implies you wish it was

sufis getting killed for not being salafi enough

You said it was bad for him to be happy they didn’t hit he coptics for once. Hat directly implies you wish it was
No it doesn't. It could also, and a charitable interpretation would assume, that I was implying that its not any worse for Copts to be targeted than it is Muslims. You probably agreed with his earlier comment, that at least it wasn't Copts targeted, and so you've come to his defense with this piss poor argument.

I think the rationale behind that kind of saying is obeservant of the fact that the Copts are in way worse a poisition than the Sufis, so attacks on them should be considered differently. Just like Europeans killing Native Americans is worse then the Brits, French and Spanish fighting amongst themselves in the Americas. Or like Malays killing each other in Indonesia is not as bad as Malays killiing Melanesians in East Timor.

I think the rationale behind that kind of saying is obeservant of the fact that the Copts are in way worse a poisition than the Sufis, so attacks on them should be considered differently. Just like Europeans killing Native Americans is worse then the Brits, French and Spanish fighting amongst themselves in the Americas. Or like Malays killing each other in Indonesia is not as bad as Malays killiing Melanesians in East Timor.
I understand the logic to an extent even if I don't agree. Note that all I did was point out the obvious implication of his statement.

No it doesn't. It could also, and a charitable interpretation would assume, that I was implying that its not any worse for Copts to be targeted than it is Muslims. You probably agreed with his earlier comment, that at least it wasn't Copts targeted, and so you've come to his defense with this piss poor argument.
One group gets hit by the majority more often. So when it isn’t them for once saying at least it wasn’t them means the minority wasn’t targeted again for once. Like maybe we don’t have to worrry about the majority wiping them out for a little longer. Don’t worry. They’ll get to them all eventually

One group gets hit by the majority more often. So when it isn’t them for once saying at least it wasn’t them means the minority wasn’t targeted again for once. Like maybe we don’t have to worrry about the majority wiping them out for a little longer. Don’t worry. They’ll get to them all eventually
Right, as I said before all I did was point out the obvious implication of his statement.

Back