Do you agree there are 6 main political factions today?

jeffk

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
in this two minute clip Robert Reich says there are 6 main political factions today.

Do you agree?

I think it is oversimplified but pretty accurate.

Established republicans
Libertarian Republicans
Social conservative Republicans

Established democrats
What I will call egalitarian Democrats

Trump supporters.

what about reptilians though
meet-the-creatures-reptilian0.jpg

and

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Doesnt matter how many there are.... They all serve $$$$$

party doesnt have a concrete definition as far as i know.

what is the objective of speculating amount of parties?

to find out how many different people there are in the public?

or find out how different people coagulate into groups?

in this two minute clip Robert Reich says there are 6 main political factions today.

Do you agree?

Established republicans
Libertarian Republicans

Established democrats

Trump supporters.

Doesn't explain the millions of Obama voters who chose Trump in 2016.

party doesnt have a concrete definition as far as i know.

what is the objective of speculating amount of parties?

to find out how many different people there are in the public?

or find out how different people coagulate into groups?

The point is that to win an election you usually have to reach outside one faction and form coalitions of factions. Whoever can form coalitions of enough of the six factions is likely to win.

The point is that to win an election you usually have to reach outside one faction and form coalitions of factions. Whoever can form coalitions of enough of the six factions is likely to win.
So morph your beliefs around whatever the max amount of people believe to win an election like hillary did?

The whole thing is an illusion created for our minds. We all have way more in common with each other than we do with our rulers.

I don't generally watch videos here, but the summary in the OP doesn't really say anything and doesn't seem credible. How on Earth can "(politician) supporters" be a main political faction, for example?

Doesn't explain the millions of Obama voters who chose Trump in 2016.

There was some of that. But probably more important was that the anti establishment democrats did not show up to vote.

Do you agree?

Established republicans
Libertarian Republicans

Established democrats

Trump supporters.

He missed one: Nationalistic Economic Populist

Trump did get anti establishment republicans and social conservatives. A lot of it was because they hate Hillary. They also wanted to put a Republican in charge of nominating Supreme Court justices.

I can't even fathom the stupidity of someone who actually believes Trump ran for president to get more money for himself.

I can't even fathom the stupidity of someone who actually believes Trump ran for president to get more money for himself.

It's almost as stupid as Trump running for President and being a person that vehemently supports him.

There was some of that. But probably more important was that the anti establishment democrats did not show up to vote.
Trump won because he flipped the rustbelt states. Wisconsin, for example, hadn't gone red since 1984. What's special about those states? Tons of working class Democrats and their families. They turned out for Trump, bigly.

Trump won because he flipped the rustbelt states. Wisconsin, for example, hadn't gone red since 1984. What's special about those states? Tons of working class Democrats and their families. They turned out for Trump, bigly.

Wisconsin was an example of anti democrats not showing up.

The number of voters in the state was s two decade low. Trump got about the same number of votes as Romney and won.

It's almost as stupid as Trump running for President and being a person that vehemently supports him.

This is just laughable. With all the dirty shit done by the left that's been brought into the sunlight, it's truly amazing their are still people that support them. Y'all have battered wives syndrome.

Back