10 Reasons Why JUSTICE LEAGUE Flopped at the U.S. Box Office

I think the film made 200 mil profit worldwide. I don't know how much marketing costs but I think this would be enough for DC to go ahead with a aquaman and flash movie. I think a second wonder woman film is a given.

I think the film made 200 mil profit worldwide. I don't know how much marketing costs but I think this would be enough for DC to go ahead with a aquaman and flash movie. I think a second wonder woman film is a given.
It's currently sitting at $488 million worldwide. That's not good considering the budget was $300 mil (a movie has to make twice it's budget to break even).

Edit: That may actually be a conservative estimate. Some movies need to make thrice their budget to get in the black.

Seems the MCU fans got no love for dinos.

latest
I was excited to see Jurassic World but I found the movie (not bad but) underwhelming and that's the reason why I'm not so excited by JW Fallen Kingdom.

I think the film made 200 mil profit worldwide.
They haven't reach a profit yet. According to reports, Justice League needs to earn $700-$750 million worldwide to start making a profit.

I don't know how much marketing costs but I think this would be enough for DC to go ahead with a aquaman and flash movie. I think a second wonder woman film is a given.
Aquaman is already in the can. They're in post-production now. Shazam! is the next DCEU movie to go into production.

Here is a list of the DC Extended Universe films in various stages of development:

(Copied from Oct. 26, 2017 post, so some details might have changed.)

AQUAMAN - Finished principal photography. Directed by James Wan and stars Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Willem Dafoe, Patrick Wilson and Nicole Kidman. December 21, 2018 release date.

SHAZAM! - The next DC film to go into production after Aquaman. David F. Sandberg (Lights Out) to direct. April 2019 release date.

WONDER WOMAN 2 - Patty Jenkins returns to direct. Dec. 2019 release date.

CYBORG - Premature announcement of movie and release date. Both are now unsure.

BATGIRL - Joss Whedon to write and direct.

THE BATMAN - Matt Reeves to write and direct, probably with a new Batman actor.

FLASHPOINT - The Flash movie already lost 2 directors. Still looking for a director. Flashpoint is a great story but a terrible idea for the first Flash movie and too early at this stage of the DCEU.

GOTHAM CITY SIRENS - Doubt this will get made since David Ayer badmouthed WB.

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK - Lost director Doug Liman. Script is rewritten from scratch.

NIGHTWING - Adam McKay (The LEGO Batman Movie) to direct.

SUICIDE SQUAD 2 - Gavin O'Connor (Warrior, The Accountant) to write and direct.

GREEN LANTERN CORPS - David fucking Goyer to write the script. June 2020 release date.

UNTITLED BLACK ADAM MOVIE - Dwayne Johnson to play Black Adam.

UNTITLED DEADSHOT MOVIE - Suicide Squad spinoff with Will Smith to star.

UNTITLED JOKER AND HARLEY QUINN MOVIE - Suicide Squad spinoff from Crazy, Stupid, Love directors starring Jared Leto and Margot Robbie.

UNTITLED JUSTICE LEAGUE 2 MOVIE - Originally planned for June 2019 release, pushed back to unspecified date. They'll now wait and see how the first JL movie will do before proceeding.

UNTITLED LOBO MOVIE - Jason Fuchs to write the screenplay.

UNTITLED MAN OF STEEL 2 - Matthew Vaughn in discussion to direct.

UNTITLED JOKER ORIGIN MOVIE - Todd Phillips (The Hangover) to direct. The first film in the new DC banner that will be Not be connected with the DC Extended Universe.

Infinity war is going to crush this at the box office easily

So many Infinity War Avs itt, wanted to get in on the action

They haven't reach a profit yet. According to reports, Justice League needs to earn $700-$750 million worldwide to start making a profit.

Aquaman is already in the can. They're in post-production now. Shazam! is the next DCEU movie to go into production.

Here is a list of the DC Extended Universe films in various stages of development:

(Copied from Oct. 26, 2017 post, so some details might have changed.)

AQUAMAN - Finished principal photography. Directed by James Wan and stars Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Willem Dafoe, Patrick Wilson and Nicole Kidman. December 21, 2018 release date.

SHAZAM! - The next DC film to go into production after Aquaman. David F. Sandberg (Lights Out) to direct. April 2019 release date.

WONDER WOMAN 2 - Patty Jenkins returns to direct. Dec. 2019 release date.

CYBORG - Premature announcement of movie and release date. Both are now unsure.

BATGIRL - Joss Whedon to write and direct.

THE BATMAN - Matt Reeves to write and direct, probably with a new Batman actor.

FLASHPOINT - The Flash movie already lost 2 directors. Still looking for a director. Flashpoint is a great story but a terrible idea for the first Flash movie and too early at this stage of the DCEU.

GOTHAM CITY SIRENS - Doubt this will get made since David Ayer badmouthed WB.

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK - Lost director Doug Liman. Script is rewritten from scratch.

NIGHTWING - Adam McKay (The LEGO Batman Movie) to direct.

SUICIDE SQUAD 2 - Gavin O'Connor (Warrior, The Accountant) to write and direct.

GREEN LANTERN CORPS - David fucking Goyer to write the script. June 2020 release date.

UNTITLED BLACK ADAM MOVIE - Dwayne Johnson to play Black Adam.

UNTITLED DEADSHOT MOVIE - Suicide Squad spinoff with Will Smith to star.

UNTITLED JOKER AND HARLEY QUINN MOVIE - Suicide Squad spinoff from Crazy, Stupid, Love directors starring Jared Leto and Margot Robbie.

UNTITLED JUSTICE LEAGUE 2 MOVIE - Originally planned for June 2019 release, pushed back to unspecified date. They'll now wait and see how the first JL movie will do before proceeding.

UNTITLED LOBO MOVIE - Jason Fuchs to write the screenplay.

UNTITLED MAN OF STEEL 2 - Matthew Vaughn in discussion to direct.

UNTITLED JOKER ORIGIN MOVIE - Todd Phillips (The Hangover) to direct. The first film in the new DC banner that will be Not be connected with the DC Extended Universe.

fire.gif

burn-it-with-fire-gif-11.gif

Update: November 29, 2017

New Report Details Warner Bros.' Greediness Led to JUSTICE LEAGUE Missteps

p4MvrP9.jpg

Justice League had a lot of enemies: a looming corporate merger, a family tragedy, an internal clash between light and dark themes. But its greatest enemy was time.

Few people are happy with the finished project, which one insider called “a Frankenstein” made of the assembled parts favored by rotating executives and directors and which had the worst opening for a DC Comics-based movie in years. But several people who spoke to TheWrap said the decision to keep the film’s Nov. 17 release date was a mistake — one as plain as Superman’s face.

According to TheWrap, members of Warner Bros. did approach the studio’s president Greg Silverman about removing director Zack Snyder from Justice League. The call came after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was met with critical backlash and a fierce box office drop after its promising opening. The site’s source says DC President Jon Berg was ultimately sent to oversee Justice League for almost a year after budget concerns made higher-ups antsy.

The report goes on to say Silverman was “quite harsh” to Snyder about Batman v Superman’s flop, but he was given another go at Justice League.

“They were already in deep prep on ‘Justice League’ and it would have cost a fortune. There’s stickiness to a director because there’s so much cost to unstick him,” the insider explained. “Warners is a studio that almost to a fault always wants to project strength.”

As work continued on Justice League, Warner Bros. is said to have stood by its original premiere date once reports went live about the company merging with AT&T. To move the release of such a film would have been viewed as a weakness, and Justice League had a lot to prove to audiences and business insiders.

In December, Silverman stepped down as president of Warner Bros. Pictures, and was replaced by Toby Emmerich.

Joss Whedon was then brought in to give the movie more levity under Snyder’s blessing, but things took a turn when tragedy struck the director. Snyder’s daughter died following a suicide attempt, and he ultimately chose to leave the project to focus on his loved ones as in-studio pressure continued to mount on Justice League. "It stopped being a good situation on any level,” The Wrap's source described.

With Justice League now in the hands of Whedon, post-production and re-shoots on the film were quickly scheduled to get things in order. The Wrap’s source went so far as to say Warner Bros. executives Toby Emmerich and Kevin Tsujihara didn’t wish to push the movie’s release date as it might have risked their annual bonuses. The time-crunch ultimately forced the film together loosely, and its re-shoots even forced Superman's Henry Cavill to have his mustache digitally removed in post.

New Report Details The Behind-the-Scenes Warner Bros. Drama That Led to 'Justice League'

I really want DC to succeed but the more info that comes out on how much they've fucked up I can't help but laugh.

I imagine everything aside from wonder woman 2, and Aquaman will be pushed back or canceled.

Update: November 29, 2017

New Report Details Warner Bros.' Greediness Led to JUSTICE LEAGUE Missteps

p4MvrP9.jpg

Justice League had a lot of enemies: a looming corporate merger, a family tragedy, an internal clash between light and dark themes. But its greatest enemy was time.

Few people are happy with the finished project, which one insider called “a Frankenstein” made of the assembled parts favored by rotating executives and directors and which had the worst opening for a DC Comics-based movie in years. But several people who spoke to TheWrap said the decision to keep the film’s Nov. 17 release date was a mistake — one as plain as Superman’s face.

According to TheWrap, members of Warner Bros. did approach the studio’s president Greg Silverman about removing director Zack Snyder from Justice League. The call came after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was met with critical backlash and a fierce box office drop after its promising opening. The site’s source says DC President Jon Berg was ultimately sent to oversee Justice League for almost a year after budget concerns made higher-ups antsy.

The report goes on to say Silverman was “quite harsh” to Snyder about Batman v Superman’s flop, but he was given another go at Justice League.

“They were already in deep prep on ‘Justice League’ and it would have cost a fortune. There’s stickiness to a director because there’s so much cost to unstick him,” the insider explained. “Warners is a studio that almost to a fault always wants to project strength.”

As work continued on Justice League, Warner Bros. is said to have stood by its original premiere date once reports went live about the company merging with AT&T. To move the release of such a film would have been viewed as a weakness, and Justice League had a lot to prove to audiences and business insiders.

In December, Silverman stepped down as president of Warner Bros. Pictures, and was replaced by Toby Emmerich.

Joss Whedon was then brought in to give the movie more levity under Snyder’s blessing, but things took a turn when tragedy struck the director. Snyder’s daughter died following a suicide attempt, and he ultimately chose to leave the project to focus on his loved ones as in-studio pressure continued to mount on Justice League. "It stopped being a good situation on any level,” The Wrap's source described.

With Justice League now in the hands of Whedon, post-production and re-shoots on the film were quickly scheduled to get things in order. The Wrap’s source went so far as to say Warner Bros. executives Toby Emmerich and Kevin Tsujihara didn’t wish to push the movie’s release date as it might have risked their annual bonuses. The time-crunch ultimately forced the film together loosely, and its re-shoots even forced Superman's Henry Cavill to have his mustache digitally removed in post.

New Report Details The Behind-the-Scenes Warner Bros. Drama That Led to 'Justice League'

That's been Warner Brother's problem since day one: they are too greedy and too lazy to invest the time and money necessary to create an Expanded Universe that works. So they tried to run before they could walk. Instead of slowly building the core characters up with solo movies before the main event, they crammed together two of the most iconic story lines in comics history - Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman - into a bloated mess, threw Wonder Woman in for good measure and managed to fuck up not only Lex Luthor but Doomsday as well.

Lex Luthor will be the best part of this franchises future. Mark. My. Words.

It's currently sitting at $488 million worldwide. That's not good considering the budget was $300 mil (a movie has to make twice it's budget to break even).

Edit: That may actually be a conservative estimate. Some movies need to make thrice their budget to get in the black.
Budget was $300 mil but the costumes and cgi looked like ass.

I imagine everything aside from wonder woman 2, and Aquaman will be pushed back or canceled.
<Prem973>

I really wanted a Cyborg stand alone movie... (not cause of anything in JL, just love the character)

These guys fucked up a possible billion dollars in movie revenue for yearly bonuses. Seriously?

man, that film had a lot going against it. I get the budget issue... but this was supposed to be their golden goose. Maybe they should've sucked it up a bit more & made the film all it could've been.

It's a bit surprising they rushed it out & then opened it at what they considered a less than desirable time due to making the At&t merger show weakness. Damn man, you'd think they could've spun it & put their golden goose in a more ideal opening date at the least.

Back