Michael Flynn charged with lying to the FBI

I think you nailed the real story here.

On its face, this charge is small potatos. If the indictment for lying about relatively innocuous matters is the most they can come up with against Flynn, then the investigation is a bust. But, and this is where it gets very interesting, it's plauisible that they are slapping Flynn on the wrist because he's spilling the beans. If so, things might get very interesting indeed.

I'd say that's almost a certainty. They had him and his son dead to rights on trying to kidnap Fethullah Gulen and ship him off to Turkey for Erdogan. If this is the only charge, he cut a deal. No way they just let that slide for no reason.

so when Clinton was actually no shit legit impeached (and later Disbarred), were all the left leaners here (assuming you were old enough) automatically assuming it was a wrap?

b/c that was actual formal charges......

find me a post of myself touting Trump for any accomplishment, I implore you......

All I've ever said I thought he was funny sometimes, you people are clearly confusing me w/ other presumed Conservatives on here

I have said the economy is not getting worse, but I never gave Trump credit for continuing it's rise, not congruent at all IMO

I used the word ilk!.. really proud of that actually. I lumped you with all the other trumpsters. They've got plenty of posts to support my statement.

Sorry but you play with the other team like it or not..

I'd say that's almost a certainty. They had him and his son dead to rights on trying to kidnap Fethullah Gulen and ship him off to Turkey for Erdogan. If this is the only charge, he cut a deal. No way they just let that slide for no reason.

We'll see. I think there is a good chance you are right.

Life lessons Mike I learned these life quotes when I was a much younger man ↓↓↓

60f93f924aaf327a3603f9cb421ab3d1.jpg

fbf7df4f1a29da75b658033593e3a242.jpg

When are the charges from? Is it before or after he was associated with Trump?

He lied to the FBI about his conversations with the Russian Ambassador Kisylak. He was very much with Trump at that time.

so when Clinton was actually no shit legit impeached (and later Disbarred), were all the left leaners here (assuming you were old enough) automatically assuming it was a wrap?

B-b-b-but (bill) Clinton!!

I at the time assumed that Congress wasn’t going to do the first full impeachment of a President over lying about getting oral from an intern, and I was right. Coordinating with a foreign, hostile power to win an election is more serious.

I do think Clinton should have resigned.

I used the word ilk!.. really proud of that actually. I lumped you with all the other trumpsters. They've got plenty of posts to support my statement.

Sorry but you play with the other team like it or not..
not exactly

they presumably actually believe he is either not capable or not shady enough to do something like this

Quite differently, I assume he's so incompetent that he is unable to be both completely inept and a Micromanager at the same time

I can see how that can be misconstrued, but trust me I am no fan of trump. Laughing at his ridiculousness is partly having PTSD, and partly just how I deal w/ such an absurd situation

I was in the military, work for it now, and don't really like giving poor people free things....but on virtually every other issue I lean left. It just seems that the ones we talk about on here most frequently are the ones that make me look more conservative than I actually am....

I wasn't wrong on the email thing, you just don't understand policies on Operational Security b/c well why would you.....

Three people were fired and charged, from my base this year, for accessing classified materials from non classified networks. WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO W/O INTENT, PERIOD.

I already said that I recognized that you are refusing to admit that you were wrong so you repeating your insistence that you were right even after you've been proven wrong is wholly unnecessary. That is how I know you will never admit to being wrong here, though.

Ive also never voted for Trump or any other GOP presidential candidate ever, keep playing that card though even though you know it's wrong.

Too easy

Sure, sure, but you still humiliate yourself by blindly defending him online even as the guilty pleas roll in.

this-is-fine-dog.jpg

You kids still hungry...

Michael Flynn Pleads Guilty to Lying to the F.B.I.
By EILEEN SULLIVAN, ADAM GOLDMAN and MICHAEL D. SHEAR
December 1, 2017
PLAY VIDEO 00:19
Michael Flynn Arrives at Court for Plea Deal
Michael Flynn, President Trump’s former national security adviser, was charged with lying to the F.B.I. about two conversations with the Russian ambassador last December. By CBS, VIA REUTERS on December 1, 2017. Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images.

WASHINGTON — President Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, pleaded guilty on Friday to lying to the F.B.I. about conversations with the Russian ambassador last December during the presidential transition, bringing the special counsel’s investigation into the president’s inner circle.

Mr. Flynn, who appeared in federal court in Washington, acknowledged that he was cooperating with the investigation by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, into Russian interference in the 2016 election. His plea agreement suggests that Mr. Flynn provided information to prosecutors, which may help advance the inquiry.

The development came at a particularly sensitive moment for the White House, just as Mr. Trump and Republican congressional leaders are toiling to hold together a tenuous coalition to push through a large tax cut plan. It marked an unwelcome headline at a time when the president’s team is hoping to focus public attention on what they argue is an impressive list of accomplishments in his first year.

SLIDE SHOW 2 Photos
See the Charges: U.S. v. Michael T. Flynn
The White House had no immediate response on Friday to requests for comment on Mr. Flynn’s plea.

The investigation has dogged Mr. Trump’s first year in office. While Mr. Trump can point to the court documents and say they show no evidence of collusion with Russia, the special counsel’s filings so far paint a damning portrait of Mr. Trump’s associates. His former campaign chairman, two other campaign aides, and his former national security advisers have now all been charged with felonies.

announced by the Obama administration that day against Russia over its interference in the presidential election. And Mr. Kislyak told Mr. Flynn that Russia “had chosen to moderate its response,” the documents said.

SLIDE SHOW 6 Photos
Read Flynn’s Statement of the Offense
The following day, President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia said Moscow would not retaliate against the United States in response to the sanctions.

resigning on Feb. 13 after it was revealed that he had misled Mr. Pence and other top White House officials about his conversations with Mr. Kislyak.

according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote describing that meeting.

In a news conference on Feb. 15, two days after Mr. Flynn’s resignation, the president blamed the media.

“General Flynn is a wonderful man. I think he has been treated very, very unfairly by the media, as I call it, the fake media in many cases,” Mr. Trump said. “And I think it is really a sad thing that he was treated so badly.”

But even before Mr. Trump said he would appoint Mr. Flynn as his national security adviser, questions swirled around Mr. Flynn’s connections to Russia, particularly a dinner he was paid to attend in Moscow in 2015 when he sat at the same table as Mr. Putin.

PLAY VIDEO 01:41
Michael Flynn: A Timeline of His Tenure
The events that led to Flynn’s resignation as national security adviser in February 2017 stretch back to before President Trump’s inauguration. By SHANE O’NEILL, NIRAJ CHOKSHI and A.J. CHAVAR on February 14, 2017. Photo by Kevin D. Liles for The New York Times.
The White House has said that Mr. Flynn has no information to provide prosecutors that would hurt Mr. Trump. A deal between Mr. Flynn and the special counsel is nonetheless significant. He was a key figure in the Trump campaign and the transition team. As Mr. Mueller tries to understand the behind-the-scenes story of those months, hearing from Mr. Flynn is important.

Mr. Flynn was a sometimes high-profile member of Mr. Trump’s campaign, often appearing on Fox News to advocate for the candidate’s foreign policy views.

Like Mr. Trump, Mr. Flynn was a brash, outspoken critic of former President Barack Obama, asserting that Shariah, or Islamic law, was spreading in the United States under his watch — a claim that was repeatedly debunked — and saying that the United States is in a “world war” with Islamist militants.

legal advice in a Twitter post: “Mike Flynn should ask for immunity in that this is a witch hunt (excuse for big election loss), by media & Dems, of historic proportion!”

Mr. Trump was not scheduled to make any public comments on Friday, though Mr. Flynn’s plea provided an awkward backdrop for remarks he was scheduled to give behind closed doors at an afternoon holiday reception with members of the news media.

Correction: December 1, 2017

An earlier version of this article said Michael T. Flynn, the former national security adviser to President Trump, had pleaded guilty to lying to the F.B.I. He was expected to plead guilty but had not entered a plea when the article was first published.

Michael S. Schmidt, Julie Hirschfeld Davis and Matt Apuzzo contributed reporting from Washington, and Matthew Rosenberg from Berlin.

A Split From Trump Indicates That Flynn Is Moving to Cooperate With Mueller
November 23, 2017

Trump Pressed Top Republicans to End Senate Russia Inquiry
November 30, 2017

Mueller’s Prosecutors Are Said to Have Interviewed Jared Kushner on Russia Meeting
November 29, 2017
GRAPHIC
How Key Trump Associates Have Been Linked to Russia
June 7, 2017

not exactly

they presumably actually believe he is either not capable or not shady enough to do something like this

Quite differently, I assume he's so incompetent that he is unable to be both completely inept and a Micromanager at the same time

I can see how that can be misconstrued, but trust me I am no fan of trump. Laughing at his ridiculousness is partly having PTSD, and partly just how I deal w/ such an absurd situation

I dunno good sir.

You've always given me the impression of being a trumpster. Maybe I am confusing u for someone else but it matters little in this thread since you are clearly defending the trump administration (and trump)...

You are the opposition! En guard!

I already said that I recognized that you are refusing to admit that you were wrong so you repeating your insistence that you were right even after you've been proven wrong is wholly unnecessary.

Sure, sure, but you still humiliate yourself by blindly defending him online even as the guilty pleas roll in.

this-is-fine-dog.jpg
saying 'nothing will happen' is not the same as defending someone

I shouldn't have to explain that to someone w/ such a high intellect, and one that is quite careful about semantics and the lexicon used in their arguments

carry on

edit: I was unaware saying someone was too incompetent or dumb to engage in high level treason was 'defending them'

the more you know

Lol whataboutism at it's finest

Do you know where members of my family are employed?

why, for example, I live where I do?

no, right?

carry on
Oh sweetie, don't double down on this one. Look, we've all had moments when we've done this, or at least had a strong urge to do this. You gotta let it go.

I was in the military, work for it now, and don't really like giving poor people free things....but on virtually every other issue I lean left. It just seems that the ones we talk about on here most frequently are the ones that make me look more conservative than I actually am....

Same here. We're like brothers but on opposing side. Like the civil war! You'll have to represent the south.. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cauã masagão
Back