Michael Flynn charged with lying to the FBI

serious ?, for those that hope this actually continues to grow merit

Let's say Trump goes, let's say he gets impeached or more likely resigns if impeached....

Do people then hope Pence is incriminated too?

Or do you actually prefer a country being led by Pence?

B/c it gets awfully suspect after that w/ Paul Ryan, Orrin f'n Hatch (cmon son), then Tillerson....

If anything, more effective politicians that might actually be able to pass GOP legislation....

So, ethics aside, would you rather the incompetent Trump remain, or get him out and deal w/ the actual career politicians that will replace him?

serious ?
Oh No Doubt the best thing for the Democrats would be leaving Trump in there to marinate in the cess pool he created for himself for 3 more years

Maybe short term it sucks having Pence, but this is going to substantially damage Republicans in upcoming elections. Maybe they'll stop being pieces of shit once they start getting voted out of office.
Don't hold your breath on that one.

serious ?, for those that hope this actually continues to grow merit

Let's say Trump goes, let's say he gets impeached or more likely resigns if impeached....

Do people then hope Pence is incriminated too?

Or do you actually prefer a country being led by Pence?

B/c it gets awfully suspect after that w/ Paul Ryan, Orrin f'n Hatch (cmon son), then Tillerson....

If anything, more effective politicians that might actually be able to pass GOP legislation....

So, ethics aside, would you rather the incompetent Trump remain, or get him out and deal w/ the actual career politicians that will replace him?

serious ?
Agreed, Pence would be more effective but Trump is a great distraction

He should do it now before he signs the tax deform bill. GOP will come out and support him until that ink is dried at least. So he should make a big move and get the GOP to defend him for doing it. After Tax Deform passes all bets are off - GOP could decide to cut their losses with Trumpism.
That's best case scenario for the country. If he fires a ton of people, and they do nothing until he signs the tax bill, they'll get massacred in 2018.

Flynn is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Bad personnel decision on the part of Trump admin. I really doubt Flynn did anything illegal with his convos with the ambassador but he was stupid enough to lie about it anyway or even talk to the FBI.

I've got a $300 bet with a friend that Trump makes it to March 20th, 2018 as POTUS.

This is the first time I've had a slight inkling of nervousness. Still think he makes it. The GOP would have to contend with Trump's solid base of support. And I don't think Pence and the Cabinet have the balls to 25th him.

I think you'll win. Trump has managed his whole life to get away with one thing after another. Dodging the draft, working with mafia, stiffing contractors, etc so I don't see that run ending now.

That's best case scenario for the country. If he fires a ton of people, and they do nothing until he signs the tax bill, they'll get massacred in 2018.
Unrelated, but there's a chance they get massacred if they do pass the tax bill!

Millions no longer insured, premiums rise for people who want insurance, some people get fucked by tax increases, etc.. Easy message to run against in mid-terms and Flynn developments could motivate people to participate in mid terms which is important since turnout usually sucks in mid terms.

Oh No Doubt the best thing for the Democrats would be leaving Trump in there to marinate in the cess pool he created for himself for 3 more years

Trump and the current GOP controlled Congress aren't capable of passing anything it seems, so at this rate the least amount of damage would be to just keep it as is moving forward. At least that's how it looks right now.

The country will be screwed if the GOP got their heads outta their butts and actually worked harder on their terrible policies.

I think you'll win. Trump has managed his whole life to get away with one thing after another. Dodging the draft, working with mafia, stiffing contractors, etc so I don't see that run ending now.
giphy.webp

It's time.

Over/Under on one month until OG Kush is indicted? I'm think that's coming in the next 6 months for sure.

Looks like Flynn will testify that Trump directed him to do something completely normal, legal, and routine. Good job guys.
Okay Robert Mueller agreed not to charge his son and to accept the plea in exchange for this why?

Then why did he lie about it?

He's fucked.

Either he was lying then or he's lying now but either way none if this touches Trump or his circle if all he's testifying to is that Trump asked him to do his job.

Maybe short term it sucks having Pence, but this is going to substantially damage Republicans in upcoming elections. Maybe they'll stop being pieces of shit once they start getting voted out of office.
they tried to abolish obamacare without any debate , admitting they were voting for a hastily cobbled together bill they hadnt read,that would screw millions out of healthcare,
and are in the process of doing the same with taxes,
and they are actively trying to elect a child abuser to public office
i dont think damage control is high on their list of priorities

Then why did he lie about it?

He's fucked.

And why go to Comey directly to try and get him off Flynn? TheComebackKid earns a gold medal for mental gymnastics.

Either he was lying then or he's lying now but either way none if this touches Trump or his circle if all he's testifying to is that Trump asked him to do his job.

Nah, he gets caught in this lie and it drastically alters public perception of him.

That's just the truth. You can play the internet game, but that much is true. Not every one in America is a War Room Trump scholar such as yourself.

Back