Kelvin Gastelum campaigning for title shot over Rockhold

To Gastelum, he beat a washed up Bisping.

Rockhold last win was impressive
No it wasn't he looked awful against branch. it was easily his least impressive win in the UFC. and I'm a huge rockhold supporter.

So Bisping, a former champion, is washed up?
And Branch, who barely squeaked the win in the UFC and tapped to strikes without even fighting (he admitted it) = impressive win?

Dude, you joined the forum in November.
Deactivate your account in December. MMA is not for you, sorry.

Bispings not even top 10 anymore.

I didn’t say Rockhold deserved a title shot for making someone sub to punches, just stated that it was impressive.

Bispings not even top 10 anymore.

I didn’t say Rockhold deserved a title shot for making someone sub to punches, just stated that it was impressive.

Ah, so you've gone totally offtopic.
Start another topic then.

I actually think Kelvin would have a decent shot at boxing his face off, as long as he can avoid cage clinches, and any sort of ground fight.

Luke's boxing defense is horrid, but his kicks are deadly, and his ground game would be too much for the smaller, Gastelum. Also, Kelvin is about 2x faster than Luke as well, but Luke has the length, and ability to cover more ground.

Pick em fight, really.

great analysis man

No it wasn't he looked awful against branch. it was easily his least impressive win in the UFC. and I'm a huge rockhold supporter.
He did gas early in fairness but I just think Rockhold is more inclined to have a shot than Gastlelum.

I actually think Kelvin would have a decent shot at boxing his face off, as long as he can avoid cage clinches, and any sort of ground fight.

Luke's boxing defense is horrid, but his kicks are deadly, and his ground game would be too much for the smaller, Gastelum. Also, Kelvin is about 2x faster than Luke as well, but Luke has the length, and ability to cover more ground.

Pick em fight, really.

I would think Rockhold would take it. Keep Gastelum at bay with his kicks, which are as you said deadly, get a clinch, take it to the ground and either pound him out or sub him. I would slightly favor Rockhold...Gastelum does have that puncher's chance.

So Bisping, a former champion, is washed up?
And Branch, who barely squeaked the win in the UFC and tapped to strikes without even fighting (he admitted it) = impressive win?

Dude, you joined the forum in November.
Deactivate your account in December. MMA is not for you, sorry.

Uh oh its the mma police lol

what-can-i-say.gif

Tough 1 to call but i see Kelvin clocking him.

Who you picking ?

On paper I'd say Luke on the basis that Kelvin doesn't really have any elite wins at MW - look at who he's beaten. Also Luke is way bigger and can use his kicks to keep Kelvin at range.

I guess the X factor is whether Kelvin can close the distance or not. Someone else made a point about Rockhold's boxing defence. I think if Kelvin can keep the pressure on, get in close and work his boxing - which has looked excellent recently - then he could finish him

Pick em fight, really.

Agree his kicks are savage and Kelvin has little T-Rex arms (5.5'' advantage Rockhold)

He did gas early in fairness but I just think Rockhold is more inclined to have a shot than Gastlelum.
I don't disagree with that, but lets not pretend that rockhold's win over branch vs Gastelums win over bisping is what seals it up. Gastelums one fight streak is better.

Fat Kelvin for President. Did I get that right?

rockhold should go back to selling his body for cash (modeling)

I know Rockhold's a dick sometimes but I do feel he's owed a title shot. Not off the strength of beating Branch, just because I think the Bisping KO loss was a fluke. Luke's a scary fighter at 185 and I feel like he'll eventually be champ again and I don't blame him for being salty at being passed over. That being said, I'm back to never betting against Gastelum again. I strayed after the Weidman fight but Kelvin is an animal and I love everything about his game.

Luke takes him down and finishes within 2 rounds. He is way too big and way too good on the ground for Kelvin.

Kelvin is way too small for any elite Middleweight with decent takedowns and ground game. He belongs at Welterweight where he could be a champion.

Don't waste a fight on KG. He gets smoke by any of the top 6.

KG get your diet together and get a top 5 win at WW.
I don't know man, I know Kelvin himself kinda said that but he came pretty close to stopping teh Chris. I know it's kind of a flash knockdown but if one of the follow up shots landed flush it could have been over.
kjBeU.gif

Lol we already saw whats happen when this fatty fights legit MW who are not washed up, he is also in a 1 fight winnig streak I dont know WTF he is talking

I would think Rockhold would take it. Keep Gastelum at bay with his kicks, which are as you said deadly, get a clinch, take it to the ground and either pound him out or sub him. I would slightly favor Rockhold...Gastelum does have that puncher's chance.

Yeah, in reality, this is almost exactly how I think it goes. The little brother does a good job fighting off the big brother for a bit, maybe even frustrates him a little, the the big brother smirks, and says enough of this, and just kicks him in the ribs, has him doubled over, shoves him against the cage, and goes to work from there.

Gastelum > Bisping > Rockhold > Weidman = title shot

Thread/

Back