Joe Rogan: fighters are lucky Lebron plays basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lebron is lucky that Mighty Mouse isnt a 7 foot tall basketball player

I just want to say - I have nothing against James, nothing against black people, basically nothing against anyone. Just sayin.

So to your question (brilliant one to be honest):
So for me it's pretty close.

Good question for discussion though.
I think we have the same answers for most of them. I lean Ronaldo on the hurdles, but I think James can surprise there, I lean James on long jump but think Ronaldo can surprise there.

Kobe has never been considered the GOAT by almost anyone. His problem was he was just a copy of Jordan but not as good. So he never had an argument as GOAT. He is top 10 though
He indeed was a copy of jordan!
It is a crime how many moves he stole...lol
I just picked him as an example for the time between Jordan and James...

If you don't follow or know anything about Basketball, don't fucking comment on it. Lebron with average NBA jumping would still likely be the best player in the NBA. Hell, he can't jump anything like he could 8 years ago and he is as good as ever. He has great hands, is fast as hell, the best basketball IQ in the NBA, great passer and his shot this year is one of the best in the NBA. Wouldn't be shit without jumping? Fuck off!

jordan > kobe > stockton > lebron

Maybe his ceiling would be higher because of his height, but if you look at the actual height between the feet and the ground, I'm 100% sure Cristiano would get it.
Maybe his ceiling would be higher because of his height, but if you look at the actual height between the feet and the ground, I'm 100% sure Cristiano would get it.

So? NBA focuses way more on jumping ability than football. Ronaldo without that jumping ability would still be fucking great, while Lebron without jumping ability wouldn't be shit. Ronaldo just does that shit on the side because he can.
@SirKratos yeah nahh the player next to CR doesn't look any taller than 6'.
@Ramon Antonio please stfu

prime kobe is better than lechoke imo.. maybe i just find lebron has less skills and is just blessed with athleticism though

MAYBE you could argue prime Kobe is better then prime Lebron, But Lebron still has a better argument as the GOAT then Kobe because Kobe is almost exactly the same player Jordan was, but clearly not as good.

And people give Lebron shit for choking, but besides 2011 and 2007, Lebron has been unbelievable in big games. He has some of the greatest finals performances ever and averages the most PPG ever in elimination games. Eveything about his game improves statistically in the playoff and finals. Exact opposite of Kobe whos numbers always dropped pretty significantly in the finals and playoffs

If you don't follow or know anything about Basketball, don't fucking comment on it. Lebron with average NBA jumping would still likely be the best player in the NBA. Hell, he can't jump anything like he could 8 years ago and he is as good as ever. He has great hands, is fast as hell, the best basketball IQ in the NBA, great passer and his shot this year is one of the best in the NBA. Wouldn't be shit without jumping? Fuck off!
Bird is easily better than Lebron even without that jumping ability. Lebron is lucky that he plays in these soft years where any touch is a foul.

Matt Mitrone walked into the ultimate fighter with no fucking experience less then 8 years ago? and just knocked out the HW goat this past year lmao

and Matt Mitrione is far from an A-Level athlete on paper

but Lebron has no chance???
There’s more NFL players who couldn’t make it, than could. Like Marcus Jones, who was vastly better at football, but couldn’t take getting punched. Or Johnnie Morton.

It’s entirely possible Lebron would be a top fighter. But, it’s more unlikely than likely.

I think Russell Westbrook would be scarier.

IMO, he may be the best athlete across all sports. He isn't as good at basketball as LeBron is.
Certainly has the mindset and little mans agression. Athletic freak also

Physics don't allow a person of Lebron's size to be the most physically gifted athlete. Most physically gifted HW maybe. Still doesn't mean he has any talent towards picking up technique or being durable enough to have a prolonged HW career. That being said, the barriers to entry of the HW elite are low, REAL LOW.

I think we have the same answers for most of them. I lean Ronaldo on
I think we have the same answers for most of them. I lean Ronaldo on the hurdles, but I think James can surprise there, I lean James on long jump but think Ronaldo can surprise there.

I would love to see this competition. It would sell many ppv - Dana? U reading this?

Matt Mitrone walked into the ultimate fighter with no fucking experience less then 8 years ago? and just knocked out the HW goat this past year lmao

and Matt Mitrione is far from an A-Level athlete on paper

but Lebron has no chance???

The fact that Matt Mitrione has the required mentality to be a MMA fighter does not mean LeBron has. That mentality (being ok with getting punched and kicked in the face and absorbing all kind of physical damage) is different from what is required in basketball, for example, and a lot more rare than people seem to understand and has little to nothing to do with "athleticism".

Mitrione started training MMA because he knew he had what it takes mentally. Otherwise he would not have even started. That does not tell anything about LeBrons chances. The odds are LeBron would not enjoy MMA training and fighting enough to be a professional MMA fighter, even if the money would not be an issue.

Last edited:
jordan > kobe > stockton > lebron

There is literally almost no good argument that Kobe is better then Lebron (unless you just hate the guy) and there is no argument at all that Stockton is better then Lebron. Karl was the best player on the Jazz, not Stockton

Jordan>>>>>>>>>KAJ>Magic>>Lebron>Bird>Wilt/Russell>Olajuwon>Shaq>Duncan>Kobe

Last edited:
There is literally almost no good argument that Kobe is better then Lebron (unless you just hate the guy) and there is no argument at all that Stockton is better then Lebron. Karl was the best player on the Jazz, not Stockton

Jordan>>>>>>>>>KAJ>Magic>Bird>Wilt/Russell>Lebron>Olajuwon>Shaq>Duncan>Kobe

that was a troll... but kobe def better than lebron... lebron is good at driving and jumping through or over people...or passing it off... and its like 50-50 on his threes and jumpers...

i would pick prime kobe over lebron any day

On Sherdog, i'm flat out convinced that most disparage any black athlete from a racist point of view. Period. I do not trust people here to be objective, because I believe most MMA fans are racist, especially when it comes to black athletes.

I won't argue that, but the whole "black athlete superiority" also gets over-played. Some are easily swayed by skin color.

He indeed was a copy of jordan!
It is a crime how many moves he stole...lol
I just picked him as an example for the time between Jordan and James...

Kobe claims Magic was his favorite player growing up, but it was obviously Jordan. Kobe completely modeled himself around Jordan, from his moves, interviews, celebrations and mannerisms. Not to hate on Kobe because he is one of the greats, but in any sport ever i have never seen someone copy someone like Kobe did with Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back