Why do HWs have such better chins than smaller guys?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A smaller man simply could not take punches from a HW. A HW could take shots from a smaller man all day long.

The craniums are the same size; everyones got the same brain size. A neck muscle really doesn't get THAT much stronger as you get bigger. A HWs punching power is going to be like 5 times stronger than a LW but just the neck muscle isn't that much stronger.

Why can HWs take so much harder shots?

I think it's just an internalized frame of mind. If a LW really had the internal confidence that he COULD take HW shots then I think he could. If a HW thought that he was as weak as a LW, he'd go down to those shots too.

giphy.gif

Chin is a social construct, it is psychological. In true warfare weight does not matter, a warrior like Platinum Mike Perry could easily hang in there with someone like Overeem solely based on heart and black belt hands

Chin is a social construct, it is psychological. In true warfare weight does not matter, a warrior like Platinum Mike Perry could easily hang in there with someone like Overeem solely based on heart and black belt hands

Just keep him away from male models.

I would think because how much stronger and more durable thier frame is allowing them to absorb more impact in general. Total guess. If a small guy hits a big man in the right spot though it's lights out.

Last edited:
A smaller man simply could not take punches from a HW. A HW could take shots from a smaller man all day long.

The craniums are the same size; everyones got the same brain size. A neck muscle really doesn't get THAT much stronger as you get bigger. A HWs punching power is going to be like 5 times stronger than a LW but just the neck muscle isn't that much stronger.

I think it's just an internalized frame of mind. If a LW really had the internal confidence that he COULD take HW shots then I think he could. If a HW thought that he was as weak as a LW, he'd go down to those shots too.
What the fucking hell.....if you get one punch ko'd there is nothing to be 'willed', you go horizontal.

There's so much wrong in your post that I don't have the time to correct everything, let alone explain why HWs have better chins.

All of the attributes that make a good chin are better at HW, let's leave it at that.

Because if they had worse chins we wouldn't have any HWs left in the roster, they'd all be dead.

A lot of them are HWs because they have good chins. If they had glass jaws they'd cut weight

That HW's can take the shots of LW's makes perfect sense of course as those shots aren't as powerful, that HW's can take the shots of other HW's better than LW's can take the shots of HW's is perhaps more interesting(and I spose relatively unproven).

A larger skull can perhaps take more impact before the brain rocks enough to hurt someone or maybe more muscle mass holds the head steadier?

Totally. I mean, people's brains ricocheting off their cranium walls and causing a concussion is a frame of mind. And not sure if you've noticed, but KO ratios are much higher for HWs vs flyweights...because chins don't proportionally improve with size, but they do to a degree. If you think Mighty Mouse and Stipe don't have different skull and neck thicknesses, I don't know where to begin.

HWs skulls aren't the same size as FLWs... what the hell dude.

If it's in proportion to their body then their skull would be proportionally bigger too. Same with hands, feet, cocks. HWs are bigger than FLWs. They have bigger heads too.

Stronger neck muscles. More of the impact is transferred via a stronger neck to the body, meaning less of it is used to accelerate the skull, meaning the skull doesn't collide as quickly or forcefully with the brain floating inside it.

George Chuvalo (top 4 HW in the 60's who was never knocked down despite fighting guys like Foreman and Frazier - was stopped on TKO's though, tended to swell up on the eyes), and who is still completely lucid with zero speech slurring in his 70's, has written on how that works.

George used to work his neck intensely just for that reason - worked extremely well. Think of it this way: F = ma, so if m is just your head mass then you get a big acceration. But if your head is more or less fixed to your body, then m is the mass of head and upper body, so a much smaller acceleration of the head, meaning far less impact on brain, meaning a much stronger chin.

It's basic physics, force equals mass times acceleration. It is not a matter of chins but of force, HW hit harder because they have more mass. "A HW could take shots from a smaller man all day long", how do you know this?, and even if true it would have nothing to do with the chins but with the force and placement of the punches.

<{Joewithit}>

Same size head? lol I always hated that saying bigger head = better chin since I have a tiny head lol but I do believe it helps absorb impact same with a thick neck your cranium doesn't violently shake as much causing the brain to smack againsed the walls when you get hit
Q9MDbn

Back