Dana White on Pacquiao allegedly reaching out to Conor:If that's true, I'll be suing Manny Pacquiao

No but they can stop him from boxing.. They can offer him tons of UFC fights and if he keeps saying no over wanting more money, they will just wait him out.. He can't box without Their approval.. Dana made the Floyd deal. Manny can call Conor's reps but nothing happens without UFC approval..

It amazes me that some still don't understand that.
In another thread, someone swore Conor was a free agent & can box or go to Bellator, etc.

Hey Dana,

Go fuck yourself

vCMuTJd.gif

In another thread, someone swore Conor was a free agent & can box or go to Bellator, etc.

Morons. I think if they knew how hard this was going to be post Floyd they don't let that happen. Too late.. They are sitting on a blockbuster fight Conor/Tony waiting to be made in the Spring. And they can't get it done..

They must have not been listening to Floyd in all those pressers. "Conor has a boss. I don't."

They must have not been listening to Floyd in all those pressers. "Conor has a boss. I don't."

I 'think' a lot on here, only hear what they want to hear.
As I assume you know, there is a lot of miss-information & moving goal-post on here.
That is not just a SD thing, but an internet thing sadly.

Before WME Dana White actually had a decent amount of pull in the organization. You still had to take everything with a grain of salt due to him being a Doofus.

Nowadays he almost completely lack any pull in the organization and is just being a Doofus.

Why even do scrums with him anymore..

Before WME Dana White actually had a decent amount of pull in the organization. You still had to take everything with a grain of salt due to him being a Doofus.

Nowadays he almost completely lack any pull in the organization and is just being a Doofus.

That really isn't true
The structure is different, but he is still the main "day to day" person
But it was the same with Fertitta's that the biggest decisions have to go through the managing owners.

I 'think' a lot on here, only hear what they want to hear.
As I assume you know, there is a lot of miss-information & moving goal-post on here.
That is not just a SD thing, but an internet thing sadly.
Definitely. Skepticism is dying, people just believe everything they see/hear nowadays without taking the simple step of verifying it. Do a little investigating for christ's sake. I don't believe anything until I've checked and rechecked the veracity. And be open to the possibility that you are wrong. The thing I love about sherdog is when someone points out that I'm wrong and it forces me to back up what I'm saying. I don't go researching to prove what I'm saying is RIGHT, I research with the belief that, "maybe I'm wrong about this." But that's not today's age.

Definitely. Skepticism is dying, people just believe everything they see/hear nowadays without taking the simple step of verifying it. Do a little investigating for christ's sake. I don't believe anything until I've checked and rechecked the veracity. And be open to the possibility that you are wrong. The thing I love about sherdog is when someone points out that I'm wrong and it forces me to back up what I'm saying. I don't go researching to prove what I'm saying is RIGHT, I research with the belief that, "maybe I'm wrong about this." But that's not today's age.

That is why, you are a good contributor.

When I agreed to do this article - https://mma-today.com/going-ufc-tv-deal-negotiations-fans-concerned
I did a LOT of research & even PM'd members on here to ask what they would care to know.
It was actually hard work, but fun

Notice how I had the info at least THREE WEEKS before everyone else?

Too bad the website had no clue what info they had (before others)

Sadly the state of MMA-Media is similar in that many have no clue or care to find out ;)

I was HOPING this would be true once WME bought the UFC, but it doesn't seem to be the case. For all my criticisms of Dana, he's good at what he does and WME recognized that keeping him on board and allowing him to, by and large, keep doing his thing. The only real instance I've seen where management has shut him down is when it comes to the money. Before WME I think tony would have gotten his full purse when Khabib pulled out because Dana and Lorenzo took care of guys like that. When questioned about why Tony didn't get paid it it was the first time I've seen Dana kind of bite his tongue and not comment on it. He looked kind of uncomfortable too.

I like Dana.

I think im the only one lol

The UFC handled him horribly. They have played hard ball so much with great fighters in the past. GSP, Rampage, Tito, Randy, Fedor you name it, when it came to contracts especially holding you to a contract. But they coddled Conor with the Floyd fight. Sure they made plenty of money off it as well, but long term here with Conor they screwed themselves. They should have held his feet to the flame on his UFC deal, and forced him to finish it out before he boxed. Now that he has, the man wants the sun, moon, and stars to ever come back..

The UFC still has all the power.

He can't fight anywhere else until he fights out his UFC contract. If he fucks around, they can bleed away his prime. The clock's ticking.

I NEVER would have allowed that Mayweather fight if I ran the UFC.

Dana is really fuckin stupid. That was the UFC’s only leverage, over McGregor.

giphy.gif

Seriously, though. Would assholes actually buy that shit ?

Back