Dana White on Pacquiao allegedly reaching out to Conor:If that's true, I'll be suing Manny Pacquiao

Thank you buddy.

I never understand the types that wake-up & think "Hey lets troll on SD/internet", but as you say, they out themselves ASAP & if ignored there is a lot of good convo here.
ESPECIALLY the ones that constantly try to weave in religion and politics into their arguments. I come here because it's a refuge from that nonsense, at least I feel it should be.

The 100 mil he made gives him plenty of time to sit..

And that's fine. He needs the UFC much more than the UFC needs him. If he wants to sit on the sidelines while his prime wastes away, no problem.

If Dana said he's going to be suing Manny, you know it's not true.

ESPECIALLY the ones that constantly try to weave in religion and politics into their arguments. I come here because it's a refuge from that nonsense, at least I feel it should be.

I call that "agenda posting"

To me race-baiting & seeing racism in everything is the worst.

As someone who has been around violence due to racism (all angles), I abhor that

I don't know. Money talks and if they think it will be good for the UFC it could happen.

I mean Dana has been claiming this has been the most profitable year for the UFC.

Clearly not on UFC ppvs but based on a technicality

That being the money the Floyd fight brought in

Partially correct.
UFC's biggest profits are from existing contracts that escalate every year.
They are a $100m profit company without a single PPV or MayMac buy
That is why they are currently valued at $5b (9/17)
Comparison: WWE never made that much profit in history

Partially correct.
UFC's biggest profits are from existing contracts that escalate every year.
They are a $100m profit company without a single PPV or MayMac buy
That is why they are currently valued at $5b (9/17)
Comparison: WWE never made that much profit in history

Once upon a time when Zuffa first made the Fox deal, they said they'd always be primarily a PPV company.

I'm assuming that's changed now?

I NEVER would have allowed that Mayweather fight if I ran the UFC.

Dana is really fuckin stupid. That was the UFC’s only leverage, over McGregor.

giphy.gif

Seriously, though. Would assholes actually buy that shit ?
Yeah, imagine you got a chance to sell huge fight (MayMac) or you can stall it, wait till Conor gets out of UFC contract and then another organisation would gladly sell MayMac instead of your organisation. Shareholders would be nuts

Once upon a time when Zuffa first made the Fox deal, they said they'd always be primarily a PPV company.

I'm assuming that's changed now?

No idea of the quote (I trust you) so not sure of context
But in the Fox era, PPV under Zuffa was in the 30-40% range of over-all revenue.

Since WME took over, they have focused on making existing contracts a priority.
TV deals, advertising, etc.
That is why UFC in a down year is still insanely profitable as a company & went up about 30% in worth.
The true test of a strong company is during a down trend.

Now obviously 3-5 years in a row is not a good trend, but the company is financially stronger now than with Fertitta.

Is that good for MMA & fans?
I have no idea yet
We need to give WME's plan a few more years.

Edit: Excellent query

DFW last week: "I will be super pissed if GSP vacates"

DFW Today: "I knew GSP would vacate"

Pacman isnt the one under contact, the only person the ufc could try to sue would be Connor. But since he has a boxing license now the ali act should portected him. Danas got jack shit

Yeah, imagine you got a chance to sell huge fight (MayMac) or you can stall it, wait till Conor gets out of UFC contract and then another organisation would gladly sell MayMac instead of your organisation. Shareholders would be nuts

Well, McGregor was telling the whole world about his business acumen when he signed for 8 fights. I think it was just before the Aldo fight.

So, being the UFC, I’d have said ...

Sure Conor, right after you fulfill your contract, or a certain number of fights, we agree on in a renegotiation.

Or, rot on your fuckin couch !

And...

b6387a8d3df39df52021976ac2d61009.300x170x33.gif

How about you sue your husband Conor for never defending his belt these past 559271647550 years

I NEVER would have allowed that Mayweather fight if I ran the UFC.

Dana is really fuckin stupid. That was the UFC’s only leverage, over McGregor.

giphy.gif

Seriously, though. Would assholes actually buy that shit ?

I didn't buy that Floyd nonsense and i wouldn't buy anything boxing related with Conor. He has an obligation to defend his title or move the fuck on from MMA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back