Dana White on Pacquiao allegedly reaching out to Conor:If that's true, I'll be suing Manny Pacquiao

Hell yeh. Enough of boxing for Conor. You got your money fight now defend the god damn belt

I was HOPING this would be true once WME bought the UFC, but it doesn't seem to be the case. For all my criticisms of Dana, he's good at what he does and WME recognized that keeping him on board and allowing him to, by and large, keep doing his thing. The only real instance I've seen where management has shut him down is when it comes to the money. Before WME I think tony would have gotten his full purse when Khabib pulled out because Dana and Lorenzo took care of guys like that. When questioned about why Tony didn't get paid it it was the first time I've seen Dana kind of bite his tongue and not comment on it. He looked kind of uncomfortable too.

Excellent post
I said when the sale occurred that the biggest difference would be the "handing out money" things, UFC did.
WME are famous for adhering to contracts.
As agents, their wheelhouse is the "contract" & making sure it is lived up to.

Plus they cut over $20m (some say maybe double) a year from Fertitta era.

He and the UFC helped create this boxing B.S. by every agreeing to let McGregor box. He'll hate it until the UFC gives into Conor and figures to at least make whatever money they can off it.

There is no "if it's true"
It's true, Manny said he has.

Will dew nothing imo

There is no "if it's true"
It's true, Manny said he has.

There is a legal difference in:
"Hey, lets talk a fight" & making an offer.

If Conor was approached with an offer, that is what UFC can litigate.

It amazes me that some still don't understand that.
In another thread, someone swore Conor was a free agent & can box or go to Bellator, etc.

I'm not the most informed on the Ali act in general, but is there anyway the UFC letting Conor boxed opened him up to using this act? In a hypothetical sense.

How does that work, exactly?

Are there really stipulations that athletes from different sports can't communicate with each other?

Dana isn't involved in Manny's contract, so on what grounds would he sue?

I know it's all DW bullshit but I'm genuinely curious as to how this would even happen.

I'm not the most informed on the Ali act in general, but is there anyway the UFC letting Conor boxed opened him up to using this act? In a hypothetical sense.

WME & the partners in UFC are pretty huge companies.
The legal teams gets paid millions.
I cannot imagine that they would allow Conor IF it gave him an out.

Like anything, it could be contested (in court), but no PPV provider would touch a Conor fight if UFC was suing to prevent it.

That is why, you are a good contributor.

When I agreed to do this article - https://mma-today.com/going-ufc-tv-deal-negotiations-fans-concerned
I did a LOT of research & even PM'd members on here to ask what they would care to know.
It was actually hard work, but fun

Notice how I had the info at least THREE WEEKS before everyone else?

Too bad the website had no clue what info they had (before others)

Sadly the state of MMA-Media is similar in that many have no clue or care to find out ;)
As always I appreciate your posts. It's not hard to spot the good contributors and I definitely count you as one. They're about as easy to spot as are the ones here solely to spew hatred, nonsense and stir shit up. They know who they are too.

Excellent post
I said when the sale occurred that the biggest difference would be the "handing out money" things, UFC did.
WME are famous for adhering to contracts.
As agents, their wheelhouse is the "contract" & making sure it is lived up to.

Plus they cut over $20m (some say maybe double) a year from Fertitta era.
That's because I learned that from you.

As always I appreciate your posts. It's not hard to spot the good contributors and I definitely count you as one. They're about as easy to spot as are the ones here solely to spew hatred, nonsense and stir shit up. They know who they are too.

Thank you buddy.

I never understand the types that wake-up & think "Hey lets troll on SD/internet", but as you say, they out themselves ASAP & if ignored there is a lot of good convo here.

How does that work, exactly?

Are there really stipulations that athletes from different sports can't communicate with each other?

Dana isn't involved in Manny's contract, so on what grounds would he sue?

I know it's all DW bullshit but I'm genuinely curious as to how this would even happen.

it's illegal to try to conspire to get somebody to break a contract

The UFC still has all the power.

He can't fight anywhere else until he fights out his UFC contract. If he fucks around, they can bleed away his prime. The clock's ticking.

The 100 mil he made gives him plenty of time to sit..

The 100 mil he made gives him plenty of time to sit..

But, but taxes & management/lawyer fees & training & food & gas & ..................

Sorry, I just wanted to see what it is like to post like that

Of course the fight is not happening. Conor is under contract with the UFC and UFC desperately needs him back. They wont let him fight Pacquiao.

I don't know. Money talks and if they think it will be good for the UFC it could happen.

I mean Dana has been claiming this has been the most profitable year for the UFC.

Clearly not on UFC ppvs but based on a technicality

That being the money the Floyd fight brought in

Back