Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carl hasn't been seen filming since 8x08. He's dead.

If he really is dead, then fantastic. But this show has a history of pulling fakeouts like this. If Carl has actually been deaded for good, I can only imagine the show is on its death throes...as Carl is a major (and irreplaceable) part after the war with Negan.

I think he is talking about Brick's kid, Psycho Chris. Probably one of the worst character demises from the TWD universe.

Maybe, but he mentioned how everyone started liking the character.
I don't think anyone liked Chris, lol.

Maybe, but he mentioned how everyone started liking the character.
I don't think anyone liked Chris, lol.

They could have done some good stuff with Chris but again, TWD writers have no clue where to take certain characters.

He probably meant Milfy offing Troy with the hammer. That was a great kill scene but Troy's character was coming around and he was actually becoming likable at the point where they offed him.

Honestly, I liked that episode. I might be the only person who thinks this half season is better than most seasons lol. Seasons 1, the 2nd half of 5, some parts of 7, and 8 are my favorite. Not that I don't think this show has major flaws, though.

I'm not normally one to crap on shows I still tune in for every week, since it doesn't make sense to talk about how terrible something is when you watch it every week anyway. But this season so far has felt like the same episode shown eight times in a row.

I think Carl bit himself to get off the show.

Smart move on his part.

They could have done some good stuff with Chris but again, TWD writers have no clue where to take certain characters.

He probably meant Milfy offing Troy with the hammer. That was a great kill scene but Troy's character was coming around and he was actually becoming likable at the point where they offed him.

Personally I liked both of those deaths on FTWD. They both came out of nowhere, the way deaths should, and felt more real. Exactly the kind of thing TWD lost its balls to do a long time ago.

Also, what's the point of Eugene helping Gabe rescue the doctor to bring him back to Hilltop???? Seriously? Maggie doesn't seem to be even showing any signs of being pregnant yet. And do they think Negan is just going to give the doctor up? All he has to do is walk down to Hilltop with a seemingly infinite supply of poeple in his army and demand that he get his doctor back. LOL. Dumbest plotline ever!

Personally I liked both of those deaths on FTWD. They both came out of nowhere, the way deaths should, and felt more real. Exactly the kind of thing TWD lost its balls to do a long time ago.

Probably the one thing FTWD has done right during its run: I can't remember any deaths that felt overly gimmicky or forced.

Honestly, I liked that episode. I might be the only person who thinks this half season is better than most seasons lol. Seasons 1, the 2nd half of 5, some parts of 7, and 8 are my favorite. Not that I don't think this show has major flaws, though.

I am probably in the minority but Season 2 is my runner up to my favorite TWD season. The Rick/Shane tension drove the narrative and its the one thing that has been missing in the show since Season 2.

Probably the one thing FTWD has done right during its run: I can't remember any deaths that felt overly gimmicky or forced.

Yeah FTWD has that sense where anyone could die any episode. Which is how an apocalypse show should be. Whereas we always know with TWD they are going to build their bad guys up to the season finale and have meaningless gunfights and fistfights in between.

I am probably in the minority but Season 2 is my runner up to my favorite TWD season. The Rick/Shane tension drove the narrative and its the one thing that has been missing in the show since Season 2.

I love season 2 of TWD. The people who whine that it was slow are, ironically, slow.

season two was good except for Andrea she and Shane hook up and she goes batshit crazy.

the outpost with the Ma Deuce there was only a few ppl unless everyone killed in the woods was from there same as the one Rick went to. If they some what followed the comics the only outpost that had most their ppl was the one the Kingdom went to where they got mowed down by the M2s.
But they killed everyone there too.

I love season 2 of TWD. The people who whine that it was slow are, ironically, slow.

Season 2 encompassed everything that made the show great...no outside singular big bad boogeyman; just the inner group struggle. That's one of the reasons the beginning of the group's story in Alexandria was engrossing...it explored the troubles of Rick's group trying to settle into "normalized" way of life in Alexandra after all the brutal surviving experienced on the outside.

That's how I feel about the last half of season 5. All the tension between Rick's group and the original Alexandrians made it really good.

My prediction is Carl will not die. Most of the finale was in the future and will only happen if Rick doesnt change his mind on how to do things. At the begining of the episode Karl was trying to change ricks way of thinking. Rick will change his mind giving a different end result.

Specialy Travis

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave up on TWD this season. After the first two episodes, I thought, 'NOPE, fuck that!'
I just skipped my way through the season finale.

• Long stares
  • Tangents
  • The overwhelming time wasting on stupid personal storylines
  • Nothing to do with the zombies anymore
  • Pathetically slow moving plot
  • Repetitive
I don't care if any of them die. I'm not connected to the characters anymore. I will just watch the first and last episode of every season JUST SO I CAN SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO THE CHARACTERS, and I will be told by some friends whenever there's an important death. Otherwise that is all. They need to wrap the show up.

The last good episode I watched was when Glen and Abraham died - it evoked some sort of emotion.

I give up on this shit show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back