PWD 520: Get The Shovel!

1000'th post makes the thread, from here on out.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
me too. I had zero interest going in but the ending stunned me pretty similar to the wrestlemania streak really. And I was all in for the rest of the feud.

Same. In all of those matches, I thought that despite Goldberg being clumsy, a lot of wrestlers should learn from him.

Because you can't give every Japanese guy the same exact gimmick. This is something that Japanese wrestling watchers say about every guy coming to the WWE. From Itami to Nakamura. "Just needs to be a silent bad ass."

If they all need a Paul Heyman, then what's the point? What happens when manager isn't around anymore?

I don’t consider Nakamura to be a silent badass at all.

I’d say that he is used way too much and that his repeated losses to Jinder Mahal were criminal. When he arrived at NXT and wrestled Sami Zayn in what I think is one of the best matches ever, he was new, fresh and captivating.

Nakamuras messages should all be vignettes, not in the ring. Nakamura should be wrestling and winning in emphatic fashion, not eeking our narrow wins against Ziggler and losing twice to Mahal.

There are ways to portray a character without cutting 20 minute promos at the beginning of a show. AJ Styles and Finn Balor did this very well recently, by just a few clips on YouTube and a stellar PPV match.

Hideo Itami only really opened up during his last few matches in NXT and he did it through his mannerisms, his stiffness and his attitude in the ring. I don’t see him lasting that long on the main roster, though I’ve liked his in ring work since I was a teenager, watching him going over Low Ki and having great matches with Marufuji.

Stick work is massively overrated in the WWE. It is so dry and formulaic that the time is just something to sit through.

Hatred, intensity and unpredictability. If two guys come in with those attributes then a microphone shouldn’t be necessary.

Weird when you come to the PWD thread and see posts that aren't liked by @Rebelfett

Itami has been a "silent bad ass." What good has that done for anyone? What's his actual character? That's not even a gimmick.

It's just lazy and boring as fuck.

He doesn’t have the physical presence for the role. It’s only been during the last few months that he showed any attitude, but before that he was pretty much vanilla.

A good work-rate doesn’t cut it anymore. Wrestling fans are too used to it.

The Cruiserweight Division would have been fire during the Golden and Attitude Eras. AJ Styles did a springboard 450 splash to the outside, onto I think John Cena and nobody bats an eye. The audience are numb to it, and they are numb to stiffness.

Welp, looks like the shovels are out for Jinder lmao.

me too. I had zero interest going in but the ending stunned me pretty similar to the wrestlemania streak really. And I was all in for the rest of the feud.
I was the same. Hated the idea going in but loved the way it actually played out.

It was like Christmas on here after that first match lol

I guess I’ll watch SD now. Airport puts eyes on product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back