Joe Rogan - "I won't be mad if Ferguson & Khabib fight for real title, while Conor gets stripped"

Do you ever respond to people? Do you just want the last word?

maxresdefault.jpg

If he doesn't defend, yes

I'm expecting something to be announced after the Khabib fight though.

I'm not sure why everyone Is so convinced Conor is never fighting again or something. It's a little odd.

Dude Is like Floyd, he cares way too much about money and status to just retire, refuse to defend, etc.

In the grand scheme, him not defending against Tony would do a lot of damage to his image and respect level In the world which would potentially limit his earning potential for future fights. You gotta figure Dana, the UFC and Conor are all aware of this. They're not stupid. Defending against Khabib in Russia or some shit might also be acceptable, as he's a tougher matchup for Conor than Tony Is. They might be waiting to see how that fight plays out before making anything concrete. That would be my guess.

But yeah, In the grand scheme It's pretty clear either Tony or Khabib Is next. Anything other than that would hurt Conor's brand which I don't think Is something he or the UFC will allow to happen. They are not stupid, these are smart businessmen.

People who are just convinced he's never fighting again are ridiculous. Based on what? To me, Conor is no different than any other celebrity, athlete or public figure. How many athletes are far richer than Conor but continue to compete at the highest level? These kind of people love money way too much and the status / worldly power that comes along with It to just stop what they're doing. From what I've seen, Conor Is no different.

So yeah, expect something to be announced for March or April. Bank on it.

I’m sorry but that is not how it works. We don’t know he is the best which is why (contrary to popular belief) title defenses are so important. GSP was the best at WW because he fought and defeated everyone.

You mean a guy who is 1-0 at LW hasnt proven himself to be the best LW

GTFO here with that nonsense

He's the best fighter because he's better than all the other fighters. He's better than Ferguson, Khabib, Barboza, etc.

And you know this how?

He hasn't fought them, and seems to be going out of his way to avoid them. So how do you know?

I’m sorry but that is not how it works. We don’t know he is the best which is why (contrary to popular belief) title defenses are so important. GSP was the best at WW because he fought and defeated everyone.
That's not how what works?

I'm a purist who juges fighters by their skills and styles, not their rankings and records. Fights are just evidence of skills. And by watching Conor's and Georges' fights, I've observed that Conor is better.

I'm a purist who juges fighters by their skills and styles, not their rankings and records. Fights are just evidence of skills. And by watching Conor's and Georges' fights, I've observed that Conor is better.

I'm not buying it anymore. It was a good troll up until this point, but you crossed that line for me.

And you know this how?

He hasn't fought them, and seems to be going out of his way to avoid them. So how do you know?
By watching fights. How does anyone know anything? You've never not turned into a giraffe in 5 minutes from now, so how do you know you won't?

Are you trying to win the award for "Stupidest Poster of the Year"?

I'm not buying it anymore. It was a good troll up until this point, but you crossed that line for me.
Respond as though I'm not trolling. If what I'm saying is so silly, it should be easy to demonstrate how I'm wrong, no? @Arm Barbarian couldn't do it, but maybe you can?

You say we should focus on fights, but your hero isn't interested in doing that.

You are beyond developmentally challenged
Oh yeah, he's always going on about them rankings and records, isn't he?

Or are you making a straw man argument?

between missing weight and being hurt I doubt khabib would defend the title anymore than conor.

Back