Should Fedor have quit at 32 years old

Calipwnia

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
like GSP did? He always faced bigger guys but he went on a skid at that age. Quitting worked for GSP to retain legacy. Was Fedor past his prime at that point like GSP recognized and stopped fighting? I admire Fedor for continuing to challenge himself and dare to be great. Always fighting in a division where he was outsized but to be the greatest of all time, do you have to quit at the right time?

Probably should have called it a day after the Rogers fight. He was already showing signs of slowing down. Just didn’t seem nearly as into the sport by then.

Michael Jordan was mediocre for the Wizards at the end of his career , greatness is measured by the entire body of work , not what happens in the twilight.

You manage to mention GSP in every thread you make lol.

Fedor should have probably called it where he did the first time he did.

Fedor should have retired after the Rogers fight.

He wasnt the same fighting in front of Americans. He hated them and called them all pigs and enemies of Russia.

This current Fedor is not the "that man has to be eliminated" Fedor from Pride who wanted to destroy you. It seems like Fedor came back because that is all he knows and he loves to compete but the hunger that he once had is not there anymore. Sad to see him lose against fighters he would have beaten easily in his prime.

Fedor accepts that enthropy & losing is part of life & fighting, why can't we?

Thinly veiled GSP bashing thread. You really need to get it together @Calipwnia. Your priorities are fucked.

Retrospect is 20 / 20.

If he had, this thread would be called, "Why The Fuck Did Fedor Retire @ 32 Years Old?"

Probably made millions since then so no. A man makes sacrifices for his family.

IMO, he should have signed up for some JMMA organization instead of signing with Strikeforce/Bellator.

Thinly veiled GSP bashing thread. You really need to get it together @Calipwnia. Your priorities are fucked.
Whoah man, I am admitting that GSP is considered goat by most. Not thinly veiled at all that I prefer more Fedors in the future than GSP's 100%. Why are GSP nuthuggers so defensive? I want great fighters to make smart decisions for themselves in the future. Is GSP the best example?

In hindsight he should have, but the haters will discredit him either way.

Back