Should Fedor have quit at 32 years old

GSP got out at the right time, came back after 4 years, beat and finish a MW for the title while Fedor is getting KO’d by Mitrione
Or..

GSP was tapping to strikes from a LW while Fedor was undefeated for 10 years...

You keep bringing up Mitrione. Fedor was like 2 months from being 41 years old in that fight. Get a grip on reality. GSP will not fight a KO artist at 40 years old and if he does will likely grt KTFO

like GSP did? He always faced bigger guys but he went on a skid at that age. Quitting worked for GSP to retain legacy. Was Fedor past his prime at that point like GSP recognized and stopped fighting? I admire Fedor for continuing to challenge himself and dare to be great. Always fighting in a division where he was outsized but to be the greatest of all time, do you have to quit at the right time?

I don’t agree that he was past his prime. I think it had a lot to do with his focus on religion and his personal life. I dunno how old you are and if you’re one of the kids who watched Fedor’s history on FightPass or if you actually watched him come up in the early 00s until 2009/10. If you’re the first, you’re probably unfamiliar with him starting to have a priest around at all times and being more focused on his family. Fedor was once a complete savage. Look no further than the Randleman fight where he gets almost decapitated by him and comes right back and destroys him. I think once he got married, had kids, and got in tune with his faith he lost that edge of savagery and that’s exactly around the time he fought Tim, Brett, Fabricio, etc etc. He just wasn’t that scary guy entering the Pride ring and anything could happen.

As far as GSP, I truly believe he walked away because of the juicing. It couldnt have been a better time because we all know he lost to Johny. His head like Fedor wasn’t in there going against Hendricks but at no time do I discredit Hendricks for going in there and lighting him up and shutting down every aspect of his game.

Fedor will always be GOAT because he fought in the most dangerous division where one punch can end your reign. The same as Rocky Marciano (49-0) is still considered the GOAT in boxing over Floyd because he also fought in the biggest division.

Except Jordan was in the NBA facing the unquestionably best of the best and putting up good numbers.
Except Jordan was the number one option on a below .500 team when on almost any other team at that point he would have been a number 2 or 3 option especially for any top team , his numbers were inflated greatly due to that , Like I said on paper it looks good , just like Fedor being 5-1 in his last 6 but if you know your shit ...cmon now .

I don’t agree that he was past his prime. I think it had a lot to do with his focus on religion and his personal life. I dunno how old you are and if you’re one of the kids who watched Fedor’s history on FightPass or if you actually watched him come up in the early 00s until 2009/10. If you’re the first, you’re probably unfamiliar with him starting to have a priest around at all times and being more focused on his family. Fedor was once a complete savage. Look no further than the Randleman fight where he gets almost decapitated by him and comes right back and destroys him. I think once he got married, had kids, and got in tune with his faith he lost that edge of savagery and that’s exactly around the time he fought Tim, Brett, Fabricio, etc etc. He just wasn’t that scary guy entering the Pride ring and anything could happen.

As far as GSP, I truly believe he walked away because of the juicing. It couldnt have been a better time because we all know he lost to Johny. His head like Fedor wasn’t in there going against Hendricks but at no time do I discredit Hendricks for going in there and lighting him up and shutting down every aspect of his game.

Fedor will always be GOAT because he fought in the most dangerous division where one punch can end your reign. The same as Rocky Marciano (49-0) is still considered the GOAT in boxing over Floyd because he also fought in the biggest division.
The biggest division also has the biggest weight disparity. Fedor fought a guy that was 50% bigger than him (Hong Man Choi) at one point. Don’t see that in any other weight class so yeah, gotta give the goat award to Fedor, if you look at who he fought before 33 years old

Funny how the fanboys were saying he was suddenly past his prime. He ran out of luck and other fighters cathed up his skills. He faced bigger fighters because HW is the shittiest division. He got KTFO by a 100 year old MW.

From what I've read, Fedor was going to retire after PRIDE but Affliction came with their big offer. After that, M-1 was pushing him really hard to keep fighting even though he wanted to retire. Fedor said he felt obligated to keep fighting because of M-1 and all of the employees and fighters involved in the brand. After losing to Bigfoot, he said his retirement was long overdue. They convinced him to fight one more time against Hendo thinking it would be a good fight for him to go out on, he loses that and he retired.

Years ago by, he gets some rest and Jerry Millan convinces him to come back again and here we are.

In hindsight, he should have listened to his gut and retired after PRIDE but we did get the awesome Arlvsoki and Sylvia fight after. That would have been the perfect end to his career. That said, no one retires in the sport and even GSP with his perfect resume decided to come back and risk it all.

I think we care more about Fedor's legacy than he does. He said at this point he still likes to compete but unfortunately, the sport has passed him by and he's not training like a modern MMA fighter. I think the skill and talent is there but his heart isn't in it and he's too stuck in his ways.

TS has to pretend every 10 year MMA career is the same.

Doesn't matter if you're fighting #1 contenders for most of your career, of if you're fighting pro wrestlers between title defenses.

It's all the same, right?

More proud ignorance and stupidity from the circle jerkers.

Should have done it after the werdum fight.

Back