Chandler is overrated

GloryOfIran

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
When he was a young man and beat alvarez I thought he was the next big thing. Yet every fight sonce he has looked worse in each fight. At this point I think he just had the performance of his life and eddie had a really off night, probably underestimated him. The cold hard truth is that Chandler is a b+ fighter in the b league(yes i know bellator has some great fighters).

Agree or disagree?

I agree he's overrated around here. He lost not once but twice to Will Brooks. Some people here claim he could beat Ferguson, Khabib, Conor, etc...I think he'd get exposed in the UFC just like Brooks, at least against the top guys.

Last edited:
I'll never forget when he got punched by Will Brooks and tried to call a time-out

Chandler is a solid fighter.

His only clear loss was his second fight vs brooks. All there were splits that could have gone either way, and the fluky injury against primus.

If anything he's not given enough credit due to how that 2nd Brooks fight and Brooks later UFC stint went

I agree he's overrated around here. He lost not once but twice to Will Brooks, even getting subbed by him. Some people here claim he could beat Ferguson, Khabib, Conor, etc...I think he'd get exposed in the UFC just like Brooks, at least against the top guys.

Chandler wasn't subbed by Brooks. 1st fight was a robbery and 2nd fight Chandler literally concussed himself by headbutting the canvas at the finish of a throw.

No one on here claims he can beat those people but Chandler is without a doubt a top 5 LW.

He's good but hes nowhere near the top 25 LWs. He'd get absolutely smoked in the UFC just like Brooks has been.

When he was a young man and beat alvarez I thought he was the next big thing. Yet every fight sonce he has looked worse in each fight. At this point I think he just had the performance of his life and eddie had a really off night, probably underestimated him. The cold hard truth is that Chandler is a b+ fighter in the b league(yes i know bellator has some great fighters).

Agree or disagree?
Yes, Alvarez 1 was such a fluke, hence why Alvarez blew him out in the rematch.

Right.

No one on here claims he can beat those people but Chandler is without a doubt a top 5 LW.

Oh, I've seen plenty of people claim he can beat any UFC LWs. Top 5? Not sure about that. I'd definitely favor Khabib, Ferguson and Conor over him. I'd say it's at least a toss-up against Kevin Lee, Gaethje, Barboza and rematches vs. Alvarez and Brooks. And I'd say most other Top 10 LWs would have a chance against him.

Oh, I've seen plenty of people claim he can beat any UFC LWs. Top 5? Not sure about that. I'd definitely favor Khabib, Ferguson and Conor over him. I'd say it's at least a toss-up against Kevin Lee, Gaethje, Barboza and rematches vs. Alvarez and Brooks. And I'd say most other Top 10 LWs would have a chance against him.
Guess we won't know for sure til he signs

Blew him out?! You need to rewatch the fight again. The majority of MMA fighters as well as 10 out of 13 media outlets had Chandler winning

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/4649/Eddie-Alvarez-vs-Michael-Chandle

Alvarez outlander Chandler by 4 total strikes, 115 to 111. However, Chandler landed 37 power strikes to Alvarez’s 22

Chandler landed 10 takedowns. Eddie landed 0

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...reaking-down-the-compustrike-numbers.amp.html

Most educated MMA fans thought Chandler won. No educated fan would call that a “blow out”.
I think he was being sarcastic.

Chandler wasn't subbed by Brooks. 1st fight was a robbery and 2nd fight Chandler literally concussed himself by headbutting the canvas at the finish of a throw.

Brooks owned him in the rematch regardless of the weird ending. He is definitely not top 5.

Huh? Chandler has looked pretty great since losing to Brooks. That last fight was a fluke injury and he would have kept fighting.

Chandler would expose UFC LWs just like he EXPOSED Benson Henderson

I dont care.. the guy is full bushido.

Eddie being the most violent man is number 1 bullshit. Chandler is fucking awesome.

Huh? Chandler has looked pretty great since losing to Brooks. That last fight was a fluke injury and he would have kept fighting.
I agree. He used to have raw talent, but a bunch of holes in his game. He used to always drop his hands and blow his load early. Training under hooft has done chandler a lot of good. Now, He keeps his hands up and seems to be rounding his game out. His fight iq is still his weakness though. He came out hot against benson and hurt him a ton,but blew his load in the process. He spent the last couple of rounds just trying to make it to the final bell. He was also pressing forward after dropping Brent after the injury. Bad fight iq. He should have resting up against the cage off his back foot looking to counter.

I’d put chandler in the top 10 in the ufc, but not quite too 5.

Don’t think well ever see chandler in the ufc. He is taken care of by Bellator and his sponsors. Won’t drop all that for the ufc.

Threads fucking terrible lmao......really terrible.

Chandler is a great fighter he fights to finish and is always a threat to beat anyone at his weight in the world.

Chandler is top 10 IMO which makes him an elite fighter.

Back